14-Jul-2014 — Legacy Mode Launch, Global Combat Improvements and Gear Guide

Ammako

Well I find a new thing I don't like...I used to go to Kuradel for slayer task. Guess what? Not strong enough now.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Meanwhile I'm going from using vanakka as my best to duradel :p

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

boss slayer blog has rots and vorago becoming regaular comp reqs. worst planned update ever

I really hope they back down on this, because its a ridiculous idea.

Yes its a horrible idea to make a completionist cape require killing(completing) every boss in the game
  • Like 1

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Yes its a horrible idea to make a completionist cape require killing(completing) every boss in the game

Yes , but by that logic the trimmed completionist cape shoudnt' exist, and we should just have one completionist cape which requires all of the trimmed reqs.  However as we know, there are two tiers to the completionist cape and I dont think its unreasonable to lump killing vorago and ROTS into the trimmed side, as it is currently.

boss slayer blog has rots and vorago becoming regaular comp reqs. worst planned update ever.

[shameless-self-promotion]http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=mgLoywZZDcM/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?194,195,443,65330097

[/shameless-self-promotion]

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

boss slayer blog has rots and vorago becoming regaular comp reqs. worst planned update ever

I really hope they back down on this, because its a ridiculous idea.

idk i just think completionist should be achievable (almost) completely solo. Requirements of team bosses force you to have friends or engage in teamwork and face it, thats not the spirit of rs =P

• Like 1

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

TH Prize Update Information

Hi Guys!

We’ve updated the prize list for Treasure Hunter. This has been a very long process, reading lots of feedback from players, checking our data on most commonly cashed out items and looking at the most common ways that players are training skills.

The aim is to create a prize list where far fewer prizes are cashed out and players get fewer prizes they consider “junk” or not worth their time to use.

Free players should be happier also, the % of items that are useable by free players is at the highest ever!

I can’t give you a list of everything that has changed because there were hundreds of changes both small and large. I can however give you a short run down of some examples of the changes:

Out:

Slayer’s Respite and other similar drinks – They’re gone.

Nails – They’re gone.

Supercompost – There’s plenty of that around and it was cashed out a lot.

Tar of various kinds – Gone.

Skill Crates – We’ve removed them for now, they just weren’t working as we wanted. Lots of players have them stacked up in their banks, unused because of the length of time it takes to actually use them. We want to bring them back but only if we can make them far better for everyone to use.

No more medium stars for an orange prize - Nobody liked seeing it, it felt like you were being cheated. On the other hand though we’ve left in large stars for a yellow prize as everyone loves it when they get lucky like that.

In:

Silverhawk Feathers and Spirits of battle - These are now in their respective skill categories and should be more commonly won.

Heartfreezer Amulets – We love how players are starting to really get how to best use Hearts of Ice, we are therefore putting these in to help boost your use of them during promotions or to really get the prizes you want!

Divine Locations – We have put in divine locations as prizes for some of the gathering skills. They are pretty rare and mostly won 1 at a time. The idea is to allow you to have a choice about which divine location to use and more likely to be able to hit your daily cap without having to rely on finding other players with the ones you want.

Reworked:

Construction – The planks are now far more balanced to give the most suitable reward for your current level.

Crafting, Herblore, Smithing & Fletching Rewards – The rewards should now be much better suited to what you’re likely to be using at your level. The amounts of items given has gone up too.

Farming Rewards – Have been reworked, the seeds are now far better suited to typical player behaviour. There is also a new rare group containing desirable tree seeds.

Kept In:

Super Attack / Super Strength / Super Defence potions – despite what players say on the forums, these were still claimed by over 85% of all players of TH, we’ve kept them in, made them slightly rarer but increased the number of them.

You can find a full list of all prizes on our wiki here

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

idk i just think completionist should be achievable (almost) completely solo. Requirements of team bosses force you to have friends or engage in teamwork and face it, thats not the spirit of rs =P

Multiplayer activities aren't in the spirit of a multiplayer game?

Color me surprised.

boss slayer blog has rots and vorago becoming regaular comp reqs. worst planned update ever.

[shameless-self-promotion]http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=mgLoywZZDcM/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?194,195,443,65330097

now offering a 10% tip.it poster discount

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

now offering a 10% tip.it poster discount

Think you could help a nooby pure : (I'll check prices after you fix your link)

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

F2P PKing so far:

Range/Melee switch rendered useless unless fighting in monk robes/warpriest/dragonstone. Since body/legs affect accuracy you barely (if ever) hit.

however

One handed weapons are crap, scimitar, etc when you can use 2h and hit 300+ when they can barely eat up 280. F2p seriously needs dualwielding. Goodluck surviving the hits in monkrobes too.

Range OP

Sharks should be F2P

General:

We need a [bleep]ton of hybrid/all stuff

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Aphahahaha

EoC maxhit on Ice Strykewyrms (with SoL) was around 4k. Switched to legacy - I just hit a 1200 :D

This is ridiculous.

I'd say on legacy my dps is more than twice as good as on EoC.

You can hit 10k max (12k crit) on ice strykes in eoc.

Or do you mean that changed?

Not with the gear I'm wearing ..

99 magic, extreme pot, SoL, dragon rider, crystal amulet, fire cape (too lazy for the upgrade), sixth age circuit.

In EoC the best I can hit them with is 6k CRIT hit.

In Legacy I constantly hit for 1000 (10k equivalent) and crit for 12k.

It's literally twice as good.

Sure I sometimes hit for 100-200, but in general my dps is a higher than when I pay full attention with EoC.

I'm very keen to get home from work and see how the changes to the EOC have panned out, all Ive read so far is lots of comments about bosses being buffed.

However on the legacy front, from the videos and pictures I have seen, I have noticed 2 things so far:

1) There is next to no one streaming legacy pking on twitch (1 or 2 at max)............Surely today of all days you would expect lots of people to be streaming it? Isnt pking all people have been waiting for legacy for, surely there should be loads of people streaming it?

2) As predicted everyone is of course only wearing welfare gear, with nothing risked except around 100k.    Needless to say I think the predictions that once the hype is over, in a couple of weeks when people have gotten bored from it being atrocious for money making, the wildy will be empty again

Neither of these things bode well.