Boss Timer, Kill Counts and Legacy Mode Fixes

TheLad1

Boss Timer, Kill Counts and Legacy Mode Fixes

Our deadly Ninja Team are hard at work on an awesome PvM update, where Death himself will offer Slayer-like tasks to take down some of Gielinor's toughest bosses.

This week we've introduced the first parts of this update. There's an in-game timer to show how quickly you prevail during instanced boss fights, and we're starting to track kill counts of relevant beasties, which will be viewable in an interface once the main update hits the game.

We've also released a batch of updates to Legacy Mode and the accompanying EoC improvements, in response to the feedback you've given us so far.

Read on for more information, or log into RuneScape now.

Boss Timers

Upon entering an instanced boss fight, you'll now see a new, movable boss timer element in the interface. This will remain and keep counting up for as long as it takes the instanced boss to be defeated, and will announce the kill time in your chat box when it falls.

Note that the timer will not appear if more than a certain number of players are in the instance. This differs, depending on the boss:

• Giant Mole - 1
  • TzTok-Jad - 1
  • Queen Black Dragon - 1
  • Zilyana - 1
  • Graardor - 1
  • Kree'arra - 1
  • K'ril Tsutsaroth - 1
  • Har-Aken - 1
  • Legiones - 2
  • Araxxor - 2
  • Kalphite King - 3
  • Nex - 3
  • Barrows: Rise of the Six - 4
  • Vorago - 7
Kill Counts

Today, we've also added kill tracking of bosses and certain slayer monsters - listed below. You won't be able to see how many you've defeated until the full update arrives, but you can start racking up kills.

Your boss kill count will affect certain reward unlocks in the future - get a head start now!

Bosses

• Giant Mole (normal and hard mode)
  • King Black Dragon
  • Barrows Brothers (normal and Rise of the Six)
  • Chaos Elemental
  • Kalphite Queen
  • TzTok-Jad (Fight Caves and Fight Kiln)
  • Corporeal Beast
  • Dagannoth Kings
  • Queen Black Dragon
  • Zilyana (normal and hard mode)
  • General Graardor (normal and hard mode)
  • Kree'arra (normal and hard mode)
  • Kr'il Tsutsaroth (normal and hard mode)
  • Har-Aken
  • Kalphite King
  • Legiones
  • Nex
  • Araxxor (when released)
  • Vorago (normal and hard mode)

Slayer Monsters

• Terror dogs
  • Bloodvelds
  • Warped tortoises
  • Aberrant spectres
  • Dust devils
  • Automatons
  • Skeletal wyverns
  • Jungle strykewyrms
  • Desert strykewyrms
  • Ice strykewyrms
  • Aquanites
  • Nechryael
  • Mutated jadinkos
  • Order of Ascension
  • Polypore creatures
  • Spiritual mages
  • Dark beasts
  • Airut
  • Abyssal demons
  • Kal'gerion demons
  • Tormented demons
  • Glacors
  • Gargoyles
  • Muspah
  • Nihil

Look out for more information in Mod Mark's Behind the Scenes news post - coming Friday 1st of August.

You can also read the Ninja Team's ongoing dev blog for full details of the project.

Legacy Updates

Huge thanks to all of you who've given your feedback on last week's Legacy and EoC update.

We're overjoyed to see so many of you enjoying the return of traditional combat and the global combat improvements, but we're well aware that there's still work to be done.

All of your feedback has been read and taken into account. Last week, we fixed some of your most high-priority points - in particular, God Wars and Dagannoth Kings balance.

As part of our ongoing work on Legacy and EoC, today sees another batch of post-release fixes and tweaks, including the following:

• Minimap icons are now correctly sized in EoC mode.
  • Combat challenges can now be blocked at 138 combat level.
  • Flurry no longer deals magic damage when Korasi's sword is equipped.
  • The amulet of glory has been rebalanced, so the amulet of fury is the better choice - as it should be.
  • A number of outdated references to combat levels and life point values have been corrected.

See the patch notes for full details of today's fixes, and visit this forum thread to follow our progress on known Legacy and EoC issues.

Remember that this is just one part of our ongoing work on Legacy and the updated EoC system. Keep giving us your feedback!

Enjoy!

The future's bright for RuneScape warriors, so gear up and get into the fray. As always, let us know what you think over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

the_lad_1.png

With the void retro there's a few issues:

Elite + Regular are apparently different sets, as well as the helmets.

Female top is incorrect.

No Void Mace or Korasi's Sword.

They're not very good at copying an old design they once used.

Popoto.~<3

Pathc Notes:

22nd July 2014

Graphical:

• Legacy users will now see the correct minimap icon after completing a God statue.
  • Players can no longer see the ocean near Braindeath Island when inside the Stronghold of Security.
  • The stun animation above players heads no longer loops infinitely.
  • NPCs in the Fate of the Gods now appear darker in OpenGL.
  • The rotation of the tips of scrollbars has been corrected across many interfaces in game.
  • Lunar teleport spells no longer have random black marks around them.
  • Some minor clipping in Yu'biusk has been fixed.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• Untradeable potions no longer have a Herblore level requirement to drink.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Corrected the message displayed when attempting to start The World Wakes to require combat level 100, instead of 140.

Other:

• There is now a 30 second delay when trying to re-enter the Kalphite King boss room.
  • Lucky clover necklaces of the same type and number of leaves can have their charges combined by using one on another in the players backpack.
  • The heroic hitmarks cosmetic override once again activates correctly for players who had them activated prior to the Legacy update.
  • Some walking space has been added to the balconies in Lletya.
  • The constructor's and shaman's outfits now give an extra 1% bonus when the full set is worn.
  • Killing NPCs with LootShare enabled in the God Wars Dungeon will no longer award 2 to the kill count.
  • The descriptions of fishing bubbles in the shop interface have been shortened.
  • The arrow on the tooltip in Xuan's shop now points at the right entry.
  • Saradomin spiritual rangers in the God Wars Dungeon no longer have male voices.
  • The cleaning cloth item no longer refers to cleaning poison from weapons.
  • Equipping Signs of Respite from the bank will now correctly consume the item.
  • The continuous ticking sound will no longer occur when killing a broodoo victim.
  • The descriptions of tracker auras in Xuan's store have been corrected.
  • Clicking on a Constitution skill requirement from a quest within the featured interface will now open the Combat category of challenges, instead of daily challenges.
  • Revenant vampyres now have a similar spawn rate to other revenant creatures.
  • Hati paws can no longer be duplicated from a Toy Box.

Legacy Fixes:

• The Amulet of Glory has been rebalanced to ensure that an Amulet of Fury remains the better choice.
  • Tooltips now scale lifepoint values between Legacy and EoC combat modes.
  • The tooltips on a couple of abilities have been updated to highlight information better.
  • The Flurry ability no longer deals magic damage when used with Korasi's sword as a main-hand weapon.
  • References to critical chance bonuses in the Dungeoneering rewards shop have been amended to list respective strength bonuses instead.
  • The teleblock casting animation in legacy mode has been updated.
  • Players can now block combat challenges correctly at 138 combat.
  • Attempting to cast a spell with a drained Magic level will no longer deselect the autocast spells.
  • Queued spells are now cleared from previous duels if the players next duel has Magic disabled.
  • The hitmarks being displayed in Conquest have been corrected in Legacy mode.
  • The mini-map icon in EoC mode has been reduced in size.
  • Nomad's combat level has been corrected.
  • Using the Healing Aura scroll will no longer drain special attack in Legacy Mode.
  • An issue with the loadout interface displaying 9900 lifepoints instead of 990 in legacy mode has been fixed.
  • The Quick Chat menu no longer repeatedly opens when the option has been toggled off.
  • Emotes can no longer be dragged in Legacy mode.
  • Vorago's chat will now refer to 5,000 and 7,000 entry damage when in Legacy Mode.
  • The Staff of Light special attack will no longer give the berserk effect when it runs out.
  • The lucky Saradomin sword and Saradomin sword now have matching stats.
  • Dragonbone mage armour no longer has a magic level requirement to equip.
  • Incorrect messages about requirements for ceremonial swords have been removed.

Ninja Fixes:

• Active scrimshaws and auras now display on the buff panel.
  • Players can now optionally equip seedicide in their pocket slot.
  • Seedicide can now be used whilst pickpocketing as a convenience item - no Farming experience is awarded for seeds consumed in this way.
  • Seedicide will now convert seeds dropped from killing Jadinkos in the Herblore Habitat area.
  • Seedicide no longer works from a players bank.
  • The Summoning scroll cast animation has been updated.
  • Bats and scorpions have been graphically updated across the game.
  • Dust and smoke devils have been graphically updated.
  • The pumpkin amulet can now be added to a keepsake box.
  • Several trees that were causing issues while training Divination near Seers’ Village have been relocated.
  • Players can now use Quick Chat to display their Slayer points.
  • The main option on calquat fruit is now 'Use' rather than 'Scoop-out' so they can be converted into notes via a leprechaun easier.

the_lad_1.png

RETRO VOID ARMOR BUY IT NOW LOL

Yeah, more or less a bug fix filler week

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

And this would have been a perfect time for them to release those usernames....

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

So I guess this leaves the 2h T90 weapons for next week, or possibly even pushed to August?  After all BTS is "a plan, not a promise" I guess.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Have they not released any?  One of my (inactive) clanmates seems to have had his username taken away, and it was nothing offensive.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Have they not released any?  One of my (inactive) clanmates seems to have had his username taken away, and it was nothing offensive.

All of the names I was looking to switch to (all of which should be opening) are still closed.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

So I guess this leaves the 2h T90 weapons for next week, or possibly even pushed to August? After all BTS is "a plan, not a promise" I guess.

They already said it was next week in the bts for it

Active scrimshaws and auras now display on the buff panel.

Woop! Favourite part of this update.

This is awesome! Also Why no Celestial Dragons on the Kill Tracker? :(

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Buying defender update to make them work the same way as pre-EoC.

this

although I was testing it some more, it's not half that bad per se if you want to do a certain spec only but just needs some additional tiers. I don't really get it though, it was supposed to be a "parry" but i've only seen damage reductions and is there a way to tell when the attack you're doing has increased accuracy? Does it have to reduce damage and then the next attack is instantly extra accuracy? HOW MUCH!?!?

anyhow I could spam my xfire/cc/random forums and lets go bombard their twitters lol

I just want reflect/revenge instead of damage reduction :@@@@ for legacy that turns out as a random parry every 30-34s (which is the cooldown+activation+duration of reflect). Giving it some extra thought having defenders access all DW/def abilities is too OP when they start churning out higher level defenders.

They said it was unfinished project but atleast show some incentive on what direction we're heading at and initiate conversation, wtf do they do all day on the office? Takes me a few hours, certainly but you bet I scourged through all the forums. =(

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)