Araxxor, Twitch Integration and Lobby Update

Fred_S

So they added a bunch of secret buffs to Araxxor, the lights on P3 deal 700-1K damage, and if you skip a phase, whereas before you had to deal half the damage on a later phase, now you have to deal he full 100K. Lame. I guess they had to make us 'earn' that 200K profit increase in the loot rewards.

wait, so if you do path 3, phase 3 has 200k health?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So they added a bunch of secret buffs to Araxxor, the lights on P3 deal 700-1K damage, and if you skip a phase, whereas before you had to deal half the damage on a later phase, now you have to deal he full 100K. Lame. I guess they had to make us 'earn' that 200K profit increase in the loot rewards.

wait, so if you do path 3, phase 3 has 200k health?

No, I think that only refers to if you do Path 1, skip P2, then on P3 Araxxor has 200K HP, whereas before this update, if you did this, it had 150K.

Ah. I would assume the same would be for path2, then.

That isn't bad. In fact thats kind of how I assumed it was regardless..

What all did they change about araxor, though?

Aside from the darkness doing more damage, and him having a larger melee range

In addition to the light update which is completely idiotic. Now on P3-P4, all you do is spam eat while hoping to get into the spotlight, thus drastically reducing the time you have to DPS Araxxor and the minions.

Yes they buffed up the loot somewhat but made the the boss fight much more difficult (also increased enraged buff from 200%).

It's like these people don't understand plain English and are just downright [cabbage]. All the players post feedback saying more or less the same thing (buff loot, reduce instance costs, maybe get rid fo grave spiders, change the radius of cleave attack, don't make melee so underprivileged), and they just ignore half of that and go do other stuff. 

• Like 1

In addition to the light update which is completely idiotic. Now on P3-P4, all you do is spam eat while hoping to get into the spotlight, thus drastically reducing the time you have to DPS Araxxor and the minions.

Yes they buffed up the loot somewhat but made the the boss fight much more difficult (also increased enraged buff from 200%).

It's like these people don't understand plain English and are just downright [cabbage]. All the players post feedback saying more or less the same thing (buff loot, reduce instance costs, maybe get rid fo grave spiders, change the radius of cleave attack, don't make melee so underprivileged), and they just ignore half of that and go do other stuff. 

I can't agree enough  with you here, whilst I'll admit i is half due to me being a sore loser as Im' such a PVM noob, and have still only managed  kill out of the approximately 25 tries I've made so far, it is also the silly things that are causing me the most frustration.    Primarily the arraaxxor click radius issue, which combined with missclicking on either your BOB or one of the spiders, I feel there isn't much click area left for you to successfully hit and therefore dodge it.   My other big gripe is spiders getting trapped/obscured and being practically invisible , it makes the mirrorback/acid spiders completely not enjoyable to deal with.     His melee range deffinitely seems a lot more lethal today also I must say.

Given most of the buffs today seem geared to forcing people to not just use single methods to take him down, like stopping everyone taking the light path because its the easiest, you would have though they would have at least made an attempt to make melee more doable. But instead melee seems even more unfeasible.

But the only way to make money with this boss is to make the spider leg, which means you must do all 3 paths. The hilt pieces are worthless. Was Path 3 easier? Sure ( a moderate buff would have been okay). This isn't Rago where people skip Vitalis and Green Bomb Week and just camp Scop for as many wands as possible. 

Anyone who was just camping Path 3 for easy kills completely missed the point of this boss and wasn't going to be making much money. Even if 1 path is easier than the others, it doesn't matter, because unlike Rago and ROTS, this boss forces you to master all 3 paths. Every rotation-based boss in the game has certain rotations which are markedly easier than the others (see Rago/ROTS). That's not a problem.

You know what would be cool... Having queus to tell people when mirrorback and pulse spiders spawn. Oh and maybe a slight hint where the light spawns at. Nothing is more frustrating than not seeing those spiders or any idea where the light is.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The invisible spiders is what I hate.

Oh, range and mage spiders want to stand under araxor? LOL good luck clicking them

did my first 150% kill and I had more supplies left than the 0% kill at the start of the day.  That doesn't make any type of sense lol.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

did my first 150% kill and I had more supplies left than the 0% kill at the start of the day. That doesn't make any type of sense lol.

The RNG is random after all

With today's new rotation, path 1 (same for all the others?) is actually kind of hard. I still can't decide whether it's better to lure the 4 acid spiders on him or not. I've tried both ways, and have been getting completely raped in the final fight either way. Starting at 150% enrage, the final fight is at 226% enrage!

I finally got my last stick component (top part) after 130 kills dry. Made and sold the Noxious bow at 381M. :).

• Like 2

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

^ Wait, does this mean I was right on the 23, despite what some said, and path 1 has changed from what path 1 was last time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Last rotation there were no acid spiders to lure or not lure on Araxxor, during part 3, there was only the light that you had to step in. If you didn't step into the light you would be hit for damage up to 1000.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

• 2 weeks later...

So, ignorant question therefore as I haven't followed it for a couple of weeks.  Should you or shouldn't you lure the spiders onto Araxxor, and what effect does doing/not doing it have?

So it actually works to lure them into him now without it making phase 4 just as hard as if araxxi ate em?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From Mr G W's RSOF thread:

The Dilemma of Highly Acidic Spiders - Are they worth luring?

First of all, this is how acid works and what it does:

- Increases enrage by 1% for every 2.5% acid levels

- Increases accuracy based on the amount of absorbed acid

Whenever a phase changes, the acid levels are reset back to 0%, thus lowering the accuracy and enrage back to normal values.

However for some reason the phase change from 3 to 4 only resets the enrage but not the accuracy gained.

The inconsistency is suspicious, this is likely a bug that shouldn't be happening.

What does this mean?

- Regardless if you lure or not the spiders on phase 3, Araxxi will always attack with insane accuracy.

Luring the spiders is pointless since 40% enrage isn't anywhere as threatening as the accuracy increase from acid!

- The only way to prevent the massive accuracy is by preventing acid spider spawns, by choosing the middle path and absorbing 100% of the acid during phase 2 or by killing the boss when the middle path is blocked.

This is also what is supposed to happen if you lure and absorb the spiders during phase 3.

Why do i think this is a bug?

- The inconsistent behavior on both phase changes:

If path 2 is blocked, you get a easier phase 4

If you drain the acid during phase 2, you get a easier phase 4

If you drain the acid during phase 3, you get a harder phase 4

If you drain the acid during phase 4, you get a harder phase 4

Logically, draining the acid during phase 2 or 3 should have equal effects since both cases will result in 0% acid during phase 4.

If Araxxi is at 0% acid then she should not have the accuracy bonus, regardless of circumstances.

Comparing to minions path, there is no difference between killing the minions on phase 2 or 3 when it comes to phase 4 difficulty.

The same should apply here.

The hotfix means that Araxxi no longer benefits from the acid accuracy boost that Araxxor has at the end of phase 3.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just curious where you saw the Hotfix, or are players posting its been hotfixed?

I was readkg that thread an hour ago. The thread is about the effect of the acid spiders being a potential bug with araxxi.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just curious where you saw the Hotfix, or are players posting its been hotfixed?

I was readkg that thread an hour ago. The thread is about the effect of the acid spiders being a potential bug with araxxi.

Yea, I saw it last night, wasn't sure where the hotfix was mentioned.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Mod Ramen confirmed a hotfix in a post today.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting