So I'm about to fight red dragons again, and have a question

I remember back when I asked advice on fighting greater demons. (this thread to be exact) And if I need help, I just go back there and read the posts for archival purposes.

However, I haven't yet fought red dragons after the evolution of combat, until just now.

I assume that fighting them is similar to fighting greater demons, with an exception of needed antidragon shield.

In the past, before that update, I used to melee them, but I can see on the RuneScape wiki page for red dragons that it's a horrible idea. So I won't.

Instead I will range them, I assume I kill them the same way I kill greater demons now.

But my question is, would antifire potions be effective against them? In the past when I used these potions I could be fighting red dragons for longer as I was totally immune to their dragonbreath. And got only hurt by their combat. I'm not sure if that still works.

Any help would be apprecieated, thank you.

Yes antifire potions are worth it.

Most would advise ditching the shield entirely in favour of protect mage prayer - it may not result in 100% flame protection but the increased dps from using 2h or dual wield ought to offset the extra damage by making kills substantially quicker.

Either way though potions are a must.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The shield and the potion each give partial protection (the shield a bit more), but when combined give full protection.

You can survive with an antifire alone, or with protect from magic (and prayer potions).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.