10 years

KnightLite

Technically I joined back on the scapeboards before this forum so it's been a bit longer. Been many many years since I lurked these forums.  Finishing up my 8th year of school where I'm a quad major in Air Traffic Control, Airline Dispatch, Airport Management, and Airline Transportation.  Played 4 years of college baseball along the way, and somehow never quit Runescape from the first time I played it back in 2001.  

Any other old timers still out there?  

• Like 1

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Congrats, great milestone!  I'd say I've been around about half as long (5 years).  I joined a while after though - before that my main interest was reading the Tip.It Times here :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Very nice Career choice you have there. Where do you eventually hope to end up?

ATC was something i've been thinking about for a while, but i know it can be extremely stressful. I don't know if that's something i want at such a young age.

Very impressed to see someone who has been here this long posting again. I wouldn't consider myself a oldtimer but I am approaching it eventually. 

I always considered something in ATC, but had the same doubts as Noxx had. 

I wish you the very best.

EDIT: I also see you are from Seattle, I hope to be moving there next year :)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I still don't feel like I qualify as "old timer" but I did play a hell of a lot of runescape in the 05-08 era

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I was 2005 member, but started this TIF account when my original Runescape account got banned. I wanna say I started playing in 6th or 7th grade in 2002. That was when we still had dial-up at my parents' house and I mostly played in study hall at school. Quit playing shortly after Dungeoneering came out. I don't know if the game sucked or if I just got too old for it. Probably a little of both.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Lurked around for about 2 years before creating account, I still have a way to go. But I've been on-off 'scape since '01 aswell, so you are not the only old-timer ;)

Funny to think, I was 7 when I made my first acc...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I joined Scapeboard back in 2002 (13th September I believe). Started playing RuneScape in 2000 or 2001, played for roughly 3-4 years.

Not sure why I still come here, but I tend to log-on maybe once every few months - suppose it's primarily to see if this place still exists.

2009rb9.jpg

Been here 7 years, time sure flies, funny thing is, that (in my case atleast) ive "known" (as you only interact online, not IRL) people from when we both were 13-14, and now going 20, you have practically known them throughout your teenage years, from scawny freshman in high/middle school, to College junior

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

i;ve been here for this many years and i disgust myself every time i post

my only motivation is that i hopefully disgust the rest of you more

There is really no limit to how much you disgust me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Can't say that I feel like one of the old timers, though it hits me I have one of the earlier join dates around these parts. But there was already an established group in OT and elsewhere when I joined, and I don't think I ever really got around to becoming 'one of them' before I melted into the ether for several years.

It's nice to see an old face around even if I don't recognize you :P (Quite frankly, unless @The_Sith wanders back onto these boards, I'm probably not going to recognized someone from the old days).

i;ve been here for this many years and i disgust myself every time i post

my only motivation is that i hopefully disgust the rest of you more

There is really no limit to how much you disgust me.

you;ve made me the happiest man alive
  • Like 3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Well, what happened is that most people grew up. RS grew too efficiency based, solo affair. No time for socializing.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I remember the roads between cities being packed with people talking about things...or going fishing with a buddy in karamja so you'd have someone to talk to. But now the vast land of runescape are dull and void, with only a handful of people dashing from one location to the next.

As for OT? People probably wanted to distance themselves from their childlike internet stages to move on and grow up. Alternatively, I fond myself growing up just fine with it still intact in my life

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm almost to the decade mark since signing up but am long past it if you include my lurking days. I've been playing RS since late '01 (found this place in early '03), off and on, but have never actually quit. As for the forums, I don't post that much anymore, but I've never really left.

In-game, I spent much of my high school years in the Varrock Sewers hanging out at the Moss Giants with a group of people who saw RS as a glorified chat room, sometimes going full play sessions without attacking a single Giant.

Well, what happened is that most people grew up. RS grew too efficiency based, solo affair. No time for socializing.

RS always was, its just most of us were 12 when we started so we had no idea about efficient methods nor the patience to actually try them.

I dont think the low efficiency average player ever went away. Even today Im sure they still make up most players.

I don't know man....

There was always a most efficient way of completing tasks, but the serious statistical analysis was something I never saw until after '07. 

I played pretty seriously until I realized that the amount of cash required to max out was not something I wanted to dedicate my spare time to. I was about 20 when that happened, and by that time I was much more interested in playing Battlefield and drinking with my real friends. Once I hit 21, going out and chasing women became more fun to me. 

I still look back on the time I spent on RS as good though. I mostly played with a group from my hometown and never joined up with any clans or even the HYT group. 

phpFffu7GPM.jpg