Quest: Plague's End

Miss Lioness

I think we can all agree that the Dark Lord is the part of the psyche that all people have, that has the craving to catch a butterfly and pull off its wings just to see what will happen. The part that is so small and meaningless, that for the most part, we do not use it nor do we need it.

If anything, that was the only part of Seren that was self aware.. and if anything, if it started to gather the rest of her, it would become the dominant part of her mind.

The last thing we need is a Tier-2 light goddess strutting around the world like a Victoria's Secret model killing everyone just to see how they die. We already had PlayScape edition 1 from BOL with Sara and his Big Blue Beard. We don't need more blue.

Yeah i have wierd thoughts that i thankfully never act out.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If anyone hasn't done the quest yet and doesn't mind a minor spoiler, can you possibly post (in hide tags) or PM a screenshot of

the part where you kick in the door in Ardougne...? Thanks!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If anyone hasn't done the quest yet and doesn't mind a minor spoiler, can you possibly post (in hide tags) or PM a screenshot of

the part where you kick in the door in Ardougne...? Thanks!

If you had been about an hour and a half quicker with that post, I could've done that for you. :P

Just finished the quest, and while I do think it definitely could've been better, I don't think it was particularly bad. Definitely a missed opportunity, as others have said.

Specifically...

Finding the elf lords definitely could've been cooler; with where some of them were, it's hard to believe no one found them yet. Granted, I'm not sure that it'd really matter if someone found them "early" - if the person who found them didn't tell them it was time to regrow the city then they just wouldn't leave - but still.

The stone-jumping hermit bit was too simple; there should've been a mystical barrier or something in there somewhere that you had to do something to pass. (Maybe put the questions there instead?)

The mining/smithng one was likewise a bit too simple; I think they realized that and added the three mobs to kill there for that reason, but that really wasn't enough. At least make the tunnel longer, if not add in some collapsing bits that you have to dodge and then mine through to proceed.

The herblore-dg bit was pretty neat, but the potion definitely could've been more complicated/involved to make. I really liked the idea here, at least.

The statue construction was really cool, IMO; they definitely could've made the symbols bigger to make it a bit easier on the eyes, and they definitely should've added a bit (a small "dialogue" with yourself would work well) where your character says something like "Wait a minute, those look like plans to build something! But this is only a part; maybe the rest are nearby?" instead of just "1/5 symbols found." The statue itself was really cool, and the idea of the statue imparting the relevant knowledge into a nearby elf was neat too, though that dialogue definitely could've been better.

I think the tree one was fine as is, honestly, and the summoning one too.

The reveal that Arianwyn is actually Lord Cadarn was badly handled; that should've been a much bigger deal, perhaps cutscene-worthy. Likewise for the very end of the quest; that final bit should've been a cutscene.

I was fine with the light puzzles interspersed with combat. I honestly wasn't quite prepared for that degree of combat and had to leave to grab more food, but that's not a flaw in the quest. It was nice to not have constant attacks during the puzzle, and nice to have a puzzle that didn't destroy my brain or require a guide to solve.

The single most disappointing thing to me was the summoner guy's attitude. Save the foppishness for other parts of the game (the food delivery bit was fine for that); don't make a fool out of the guy who can hide in the Spirit Plane for centuries.

Overall, I'd give it a B-: okay, but it definitely could've benefited from more time/resources to make it a truly memorable quest. I hope they go back and make some relatively small changes (as opposed to the major quest overhauls like Prince Ali Rescue and Rune Mysteries), but I kind of doubt they will since those would only be relatively small changes and not an entire overhaul.

(Also: I like the new look for the elves!)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed the quest, especially the boss fight!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

This quest wasn't bad, but the ones leading up to it...

I enjoyed the quest, especially the boss fight!

The boss fight was dull, repetetive, and infuriating. Just another sorry excuse for a puzzle :(

Holy necros Batman.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”