Character Name Change - All Batches are done!

Miss Lioness

The fourth batch will be released tomorrow (September 4) at 1pm BST, and will consist of letters N-R.  Announcement here.  And whoop-de-do, they made a link to a category in account management,

Edited the title, thanks for mentioning!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

One of the issues associated with usurping display names is that it could create confusion for their previous owners. For example, if Jagex releases the username "Bob" and someone claims it, the new holder of the display name might be mistaken for the original "Bob" by the latter's friends who think he has returned to the game. I'm kind of curious: has anything like this ever happened to anyone who has claimed an inactive display name?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

One of the issues associated with usurping display names is that it could create confusion for their previous owners. For example, if Jagex releases the username "Bob" and someone claims it, the new holder of the display name might be mistaken for the original "Bob" by the latter's friends who think he has returned to the game. I'm kind of curious: has anything like this ever happened to anyone who has claimed an inactive display name?

that was the biggest issue for display name changes when the system was rolled out in the beginning.

They system really needs to be revamped to show a complete history of someones name.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well original Bob would show up as a string of numbers in their friendlist.

When someone gets added to a fl it tracks that accounts unique id not the explicit name

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Well original Bob would show up as a string of numbers in their friendlist.

When someone gets added to a fl it tracks that accounts unique id not the explicit name

True, but if a friend of "Bob" were to create a new account, they might still try to add their original name and not realize the change.

Oh yeah, and it seems the original display names of Andrew Gower ("Andrew") and Paul Gower ("Paul") have also been usurped. This seems like a bad idea to me as it could allow someone to impersonate Jagex staff.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

If a name is not on the hiscores, name change screen says it's not available, but adding to ignore says unknown player...what does that mean? Banned account? Something else?

Decent chance of release?

Randomly decided to check yesterday and got "Dark Dude" at last. (Previous without the Space)

Remember to maintain a membership for a month twice a year for the following years. Seems to be enough to prevent you from getting your name taken from you, if their current criteria is anything to go by. Grats on getting Dark Dude, Mike.

hzvjpwS.gif

Assuming it's A-R, no chance of release now I would say...if T-Z, it might have a chance.  It could be a banned name I suppose.

Randomly decided to check yesterday and got "Dark Dude" at last. (Previous without the Space)

Remember to maintain a membership for a month twice a year for the following years. Seems to be enough to prevent you from getting your name taken from you, if their current criteria is anything to go by. Grats on getting Dark Dude, Mike.

Well, if you remember to do that, might as well just log in instead :).  In fact, I think if you buy membership but fail to log in for two years it may be stripped from you, unless they changed something.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Ya, I log in and don't know who some people are, since I can only see their last RSN. If they've changed it more than once, I have no way of knowing right off.

• Like 1

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Ya, I log in and don't know who some people are, since I can only see their last RSN. If they've changed it more than once, I have no way of knowing right off.

UBiSadd.png
  • Like 1

I'm currently playing at the moment so shouldn't be a problem. RuneScape is pretty much the only thing I still use this name for (along with places that don't allow me to change name) so wasn't too fussed about getting it but it's nice all the same.

I don't really care much for name releases anymore, the name I wanted was released back in the second batch (and it sounds like it was unpopular enough of a name that it was still free yesterday when I changed to it.)

And then I'll end up remembering a cool name from one of the later batches and going like "awww, somebody took it" like 2 months later.

my question is who was the hipster that had this name before vorago

bv9YW.png

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Apparently 'Wight' does not start with a W, X, Y, Z, or number, so I got 'Estoc', the greatest of the thrusting swords.

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun