Do not go to RS main page - website compromised

Miss Lioness

mh53cCb.png

Altgough it is not from jagex themselves, just as a security precaution: avoid going to the rs main page. Do not login unless the issue has been resolved. Stay tuned.

There have been reports about some people are being redirected to a fake site, while others do get the actual site. Mind the URL!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Oh my god... That guy's name is Lhikan.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Homepage loaded normally for me. Not sure how this attack as described could have happened. The server disruption is supposedly due to an ongoing DDOS attack not an actual "hack". It's possible that the people doing the phishing (if the claim is true) have managed to compromise the ad server but the DNS for runescape.com is still correct so there no MITM attack there.

There's been no posts on social media warning people of this so it looks unlikely to me. Perhaps a small misunderstanding by someone.

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There's some people talking about it in HLF but no confirmation from Jagex. Nothing in pmod forums.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That's possible. But it can never hurt to be extra careful. Just a warning to be cautious.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

That's possible. But it can never hurt to be extra careful. Just a warning to be cautious.

But also we need to be wary of scaremongering. At the moment there is no evidence to suggest that the homepage is compromised. Always be cautious with passwords, always check urls etc, use password managers and multi factor auth where applicable and people should be ok.

If the homepage was compromised I think we'd know for sure pretty damn quick.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Usually when i go to the homepage, it would show a https connection. Now it doesn´t =/.

Account Help

Copy/pasting runescape.com's IP adress should allow you to access the true site unhindered: 91.235.140.130 - just paste the IP in the URL and hit enter.

But I am with Mercifull here: Jagex has not said anything about them being compromised anywhere, nor on their Twitter account.

1. @RuneScape Are your main page compromised? Rumours have it on other forums and players.

15.00 - 20. aug. 2014 ·
    lomad2wm_normal.png
    Tweet-tekst
    Send svar til @RuneScape

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Alright I will now lock the thread then since it no longer serves purpose. I do advice that with these recent DDOS attacks and the like, one should be wary and stay on guard.

• Like 1

Account Help