Which drygores should I get if I can only afford 1 pair?

All_Is_Great

T80 weapons are powerful enough that you can ignore the minor weaknesses (stab, slash, crush)

T90 weapons are powerful enough that you can ignore the major weaknesses (melee, ranged, mage), other than monsters with purposefully over-blown weakness/defence (gano and asc)

Whatever set you buy will destroy anything so it really doesn't matter.

Rapiers because more is stab weak will have literally no impact on your overall dps.

It's all so nonsense to even mention bosses in this context since they all fall into the 'no weakness' grouping.

The only preference I've ever known to exist is longs because price & better override options = prestige.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It depends mostly on your own preferances really. Do you prefer heavy hits or speedy slashes? Personally I like my rapiers best but since I am slaying these days I have bought all three sets to match the monsters weknesses - but not sure if I could just have settled with my favourite rapiers. We are talking about a T90 weapon after all.

Heres a description I feel fits the different weapons:

Longs = Speed

Rapiers = Precision

Mace = speed and power

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

That off-hand mace is quite cheap compared to the others though...I guess people prefer one of the other styles generally.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

In terms of practicality (not with standing any accuracy issues):

MH: Both Rapier and Longs do more damage than mace, though only by a minute amount (less than 10 points difference), Rapier and Long are identical to each other besides override options, which longs have many many more than rapiers. Mace however have a very substantial Prayer bonus (which you may or may not care about).

OF: Both rapier and Long do more damage than mace, but again, by a minute amount (less than 5 points of difference), but off hand mace is a lot cheaper compared to rapier or long.

For entirely practical purposes, I would probably go with dual maces, as it is the cheapest pair, so you have more money available to buy other things.

The difference between them are very minor.

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ahh I had no idea the mace had such a high prayer bonus. I have definitely noticed people using MH mace and now I know why. I think I might switch to rapiers since I really like their look, but chenw what do you mean by the longsword having more override options?

Staurolite.png

Ahh I had no idea the mace had such a high prayer bonus. I have definitely noticed people using MH mace and now I know why. I think I might switch to rapiers since I really like their look, but chenw what do you mean by the longsword having more override options?

I assume he means more stuff you can buy in Solomon's, overrides from the two world events we've had, etc. - all cosmetic things.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I assume he means more stuff you can buy in Solomon's, overrides from the two world events we've had, etc. - all cosmetic things.

Indeed

Maces have just the one override - the brutal club.

Rapiers have a couple - brutal rapier, jousting lance

Longs have lots - pactbreaker longswords, brutal longswords, aurora longswords, assassin scimatars, owens swords, paladin swords

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Actually Maces also have Linza's hammers as well, but it's still nowhere near as good as the longsword options.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)