Balthazar's Big Raffle

Urza285

So... I haven't won anything at all this month, except for what? 52 Lamps or something silly like that... So I posted in HLF.

3300eefd6e.jpg

No one was guaranteed anything and there was no way to abuse/pay2win. That's a huge step forward for how they put out content and events. What more do you want from them?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

how many people complaining put all tickets in like once/twice a week? doesn't really make you deserve the win just because put more in. Putting 2 in a day i've won 6 prizes so far including silverhawks (well feathers for me), eggs in one basket and all that

Doesn't quite apply since the prizes have different odds, except if you throw your whole weekly ration at the 100M.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So... I haven't won anything at all this month, except for what? 52 Lamps or something silly like that... So I posted in HLF.

3300eefd6e.jpg

No one was guaranteed anything and there was no way to abuse/pay2win. That's a huge step forward for how they put out content and events. What more do you want from them?

And that's why the Raffle is an idiotic idea. Any time you have a luck-based system, a few people are going to do very well, and some people are going to do very poorly, through no fault of their own. Just as those who did well have a right to be happy, those who didn't have a right to protest this/complain. There is nothing impartial or virtuous or great about luck-based systems (and they are very unfun if you happen to be unlucky). Yet for some reason Jagex has an infantile obsession with it (just about everything they can make luck-based, they do). What more do we want from them? How about systems that aren't based on luck? They could have done completely different systems, or put in fail safes so that if you didn't win anything, your chances went dramatically up.

So no, [bleep] luck-based systems. Luck is a part of life, but there's nothing great about it, there's no reason to incorporate it into fantasy games (where we come to escape life, not relive all the shitty aspects of it) to the extent that Jagex or other games do. Cancer is also a part of life, but I wouldn't want to see it in RS.

• Like 1

...And if your chances went dramatically up yet you still didn't win anything, then what?  People would be even more cross.  With a fixed number of prizes, only so many people can be satisfied no matter how they end up dividing them.  And it was the players' idea that lead to cutting prizes in half too >.<.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

...And if your chances went dramatically up yet you still didn't win anything, then what?  People would be even more cross.  With a fixed number of prizes, only so many people can be satisfied no matter how they end up dividing them.  And it was the players' idea that lead to cutting prizes in half too >.<.

It was the idea of a *few* players to cut the prizes. Not all. Also, the prizes that they wanted cut were prizes which would harm or distort the economy and certain rare drops (like the 100M prize and Death Touched Darts) - I don't think a single person wanted to see Warpriest and Golden Godswords or Skilling outfits cut - which were all fun little prizes. Personally I would have killed for a Golden Warpriest Set or a Godsword, and I couldn't care much about the 100M prize.

Secondly, with a dramatic increase in chance, at least it'd be better than the current situation where some people walk away with 9-12 darts, while others get none. Still, you're right, some people would still get nothing, but that number would be lower than what it is right now, though in general purely luck-based systems suck and are not fun for a lot of people. Super September from last year, as shit as it was, was a thousand times better than this, or that one year where every member got Darts, not just a few.

So question..

What will the drawing be for the raffle that happens on the reset going into next month?

Will those be DTD, or warpriest set

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So question..

What will the drawing be for the raffle that happens on the reset going into next month?

Will those be DTD, or warpriest set

September 30 (Tuesday) would be the last day, and the drawing would hence be godswords, right?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I *think* the Monday and Tuesday prizes are the deposit box and darts, respectively.

Is there some indication that they differ from the usual Monday/Tuesday prizes?  I can't seem to find a source but I would be interested to know more.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

[bleep] this [bleep] mother [bleep]ing [bleep] [rooster] game bye

5055d899f0.png

cya all

• Like 5

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I know there was some confusion earlier on prizes, so I've just confirmed that it's 100 x 100M coins for today's prize :thumbup:.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

So... I was able to finally get my Silverhawks from the BXP trade-in. But I sure wish I knew that was coming since I wouldn't have wasted every single ticket I got this month on not getting them...

I'm very sad inside right now.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png