Grouping System & Balthazar's Big Raffle Begins

Miss Lioness

Grouping System & Balthazar's Big Raffle Begins

Get a group for RuneScape's multiplayer content while you play, using the new Grouping System!

Access the Grouping System from the Community Interface. In the Group List pane on the left-hand side, you'll see a drop-down menu of skill-based activities, minigames, and boss fights.

Each of these can be selected to be queued for on their own with the 'Join Queue' button in the middle pane - which also contains useful details such as requirements, rewards and settings.

Just want to get into some multiplayer action, or fancy a surprise? You can select 'Random Group' button and let the Grouping system choose the content for you. If there's anything in particular you'd like to exclude, just find it in the left hand pane, select it and check the 'Exclude from automatic group selection' box.

Note that this is designed to get you into a multiplayer game as quickly as possible, so it'll favour the most popular minigames at the time.

On the Group Members pane on the right-hand side (detachable, of course, for inclusion in your interface under the New Interface System), you'll see the group as it forms. When you're ready to go, click 'Ready' to transport yourself to the group leader's world. You'll also find a button to leave the group, if you wish, at the bottom of the pane.

The Group Members pane also contains controls for leaders to create and manage groups. Along the bottom you'll find icons to create a group; invite, kick or ban players; divide the group into minigame-specific team; and perform a number of Friends and Ignore-list-related functions, such as private messaging.

In Legacy Mode, we've aimed to include the Grouping System with as little the interface operates in a very similar fashion, but is accessed via the Options menu, or an icon on the minimap. A direct link to the Group Members interface has replaced the 'Notes' stone, and Notes are now accessed via another minimap icon.

RuneScape's got a ton of unique, exciting multiplayer content just waiting to be discovered. With the Grouping System, there's no reason not to try something new - and perhaps make some friends along the way.

Have fun, and - as always - give us your feedback over on the forums.

Mod Hunter and the RuneScape Team

In Other News
  • Balthazar's Big Raffle has begun! For a reminder of what's on offer, as well as some last-minute updates based on your feedback, read the Balthazar's Big Raffle news post.
  • Two Seasonal Hiscores start today: 'Solo Zilyana Kills', and 'Herbs Collected from Patches'.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

• Some stretching issues have been fixed. These include Agrith Naar in the Shadow of the Storm quest, Nezikchened in Legends' Quest, the Jungle demon in Monkey Madness, and Kolodion in Mage Arena.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames: 

• A runic staff charged with the Make Leather spell will now tan any type of leather.
  • The Jade Vine is killable once more.
  • A bank icon has been added to the new chest at Barbarian Assault. 
  • It is no longer possible to toggle between Legacy and EoC mode within a duel.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements: 

• Several tweaks have been made to the cut scenes used in One Piercing Note to ensure they play correctly. 

Other: 

• An NPCs weakness on the mouse over tooltip no longer occasionally displays the wrong weakness.
  • Players will no longer reconnect to guest clan chat when they are already in that clan. 
  • Players can now load and save their wardrobe presets again.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The grouping system could be useful, but until I go try it it's hard to see if it helps or hinders coordination efforts.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

And brace the shitstorm as rich and poor players alike either get lucky and/or shafted/pissed off with this... lottery thing.

This always happens whenever there's a giveaway. There's a few winners, a bunch of quiet people, and a whole lot of sore losers. I can't wait for the loads of people sitting in the GE going "I didn't win any rafflz, can sum1 plz gimme munney?" It's pathetic to watch.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

And brace the shitstorm as rich and poor players alike either get lucky and/or shafted/pissed off with this... lottery thing.

This always happens whenever there's a giveaway. There's a few winners, a bunch of quiet people, and a whole lot of sore losers. I can't wait for the loads of people sitting in the GE going "I didn't win any rafflz, can sum1 plz gimme munney?" It's pathetic to watch.

Well, Jagex should hold actual events instead of raffles.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

You can easily check the current number of tickets entered from Balthazar and compute your chance near the end of the day if you want...and problem is, people don't come to actual events.  Unless they can potentially win 100 million they're not interested.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You can easily check the current number of tickets entered from Balthazar and compute your chance near the end of the day if you want...and problem is, people don't come to actual events.  Unless they can potentially win 100 million they're not interested.

I just preferred the road trip and super september type monthly things. Stuff where there wasn't any luck to it, you participated and you got the cosmetic rewards.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

True, although those still gave generous amounts of xp or rewards that led to xp (ie minigame weekends) as well.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

They should have made them rewards for actually doing something through-out September, rather then "lets give away lots of stuff, to only a select few out of 70,000 players."

Piss off the money reward, make the gold gear cosmetics (sword 15 tasks, armour 30), a dart for each lot of 5/30 events (so 6 total) and increase silverhawk feathers + xp boost clothing chance via normal daily spins/challenge tickets to uncommon rank.

As well as a XP lamp-based-on-skill per challenge like last year.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

They should have made them rewards for actually doing something through-out September, rather then "lets give away lots of stuff, to only a select few out of 70,000 players."

Piss off the money reward, make the gold gear cosmetics (sword 15 tasks, armour 30), a dart for each lot of 5/30 events (so 6 total) and increase silverhawk feathers + xp boost clothing chance via normal daily spins/challenge tickets to uncommon rank.

As well as a XP lamp-based-on-skill per challenge like last year.

They're testing the waters for future plans

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Well that made it made my day, finished all of my Naval outfit and have enough Po8 to supply me for two months, and that's just today.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

So, to be clear, you can only get a maximum of 2 tickets per day? If so, then who the [bleep] would bother with the Jmod session?

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

So, to be clear, you can only get a maximum of 2 tickets per day? If so, then who the [bleep] would bother with the Jmod session?

That is correct Leik.  I did, half for the sake of being lazy and half for seeing just how badly my old computer would lag.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

People who dislike or can't afford the daily challenge they get. Rather get a Jmod ticket than make 100 something curry, or if you can't afford the mahogany planks.

I suppose the grouping system has good potential for people who want to go bossing but don't have a steady group of friends who want to/can go. Although, on the other hand it has the huge potential to set you up with people who have no idea what they're doing and could potentially get you killed....

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

People who dislike or can't afford the daily challenge they get. Rather get a Jmod ticket than make 100 something curry, or if you can't afford the mahogany planks.

Anything to avoid those beacon, mithril ceremonial sword, or elf pickpocket tasks...

• Like 1