Help with PoP

Jedwardo

Hey,

I've run into trouble with my port. I'm not very far into it, having only reached The Skull region. However, I can't complete any voyages now because it appears I don't have the right crew and high enough stats on them.

I've used my port management so my crew will focus only on The Arc region, and was also thinking about maybe 'dismissing' most my crew and starting over, and hopefully this time learn how to play PoP properly instead of just rushing through, recruiting everybody and not really paying attention to what I was doing.

Who would be the best crew to start of with for The Arc region, and who should I be on the look out for when recruiting?

Thank you in advance  :)

It's not really worth it focusing on a lower region because of crew, as you will still reach the next region and the crew you've then gathered will be obsolete. In general, you should always get crew before any ship parts, as ship parts do not need to be trained. For the most part, useful crewmembers include specialty crew(morale, seafaring and combat, all of which are useful for 4/7 voyages), solidarity crew(for duo and trio missions) and merchants(for all voyages for which they provide a bonus). Golems, speed crew and most island unlock crew are generally useless. Also, you don't really need to worry too much about mission success, as 60-70% percent is in most cases enough to limit deaths and distance is gained even on failiure. In order to completely negate failiure it is advised to cap all random event rewards of little use(for most people that's everything expect for adventurer rerolls) in order to gain life boats more easily. Once you have 4 life boats, crew deaths will be a thing of the past.

Even if you are doing everything as well as possible, you can still run into situations where your best crew can only get you 40% success, thus it's wise to learn not to worry too much about the successrate and take it in stride. Even having maxed everything in ports i send most of my ships out at 63-75% successrate.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I always took a different approach when I entered a new region. I thought you should always get the rudder first to decrease mission times. Ship parts always came first and crew was the last thing you obtain. That's what I thought the recommended route was anyway 

Vlead.png

I always took a different approach when I entered a new region. I thought you should always get the rudder first to decrease mission times. Ship parts always came first and crew was the last thing you obtain. That's what I thought the recommended route was anyway 

Crew is far more important to get than ship parts at first.

Ship parts do add a bulk amount to your percentages sure, but once you get to later in the region you are still recruiting new crew their bad stats hold you back.

Get crew first as even if you are failing voyages their stats are growing and improving your odds whilst you work on the ship pieces.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It is important for the later regions IF and only IF you play ports with 100% efficiency. Most if not everyone except for a few loonies, don't, so you can survive having a few longer voyages for single stat missions(as solidarity obviously takes care of the speed req).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.