Expert Skillcapes

Miss Lioness

Expert Skillcapes

Expert skillcapes are a snappy new way to show your progress from 99 to maxed - available in RuneScape right now.

Courtesy of the Ninja Team and their lethal needlework, these spectacular shoulder-huggers come in four varieties, each showing your expertise in a group of linked skills.

To get your hands on these capes, you'll need level 99 in a number of skills:

• Artisan's cape:
    • Cooking
    • Construction
    • Crafting
    • Firemaking
    • Fletching
    • Herblore
    • Runecrafting
    • Smithing
  • Combatant's cape:
    • Attack
    • Constitution
    • Defence
    • Magic
    • Prayer
    • Ranged
    • Strength
    • Summoning
  • Gatherer's cape:
    • Divination
    • Farming
    • Fishing
    • Hunter
    • Mining
    • Woodcutting
  • Support cape:
    • Agility
    • Dungeoneering
    • Slayer
    • Thieving

While training the above skills at level 99, via certain commonly used methods, you'll occasionally see a skill shard appear in your inventory.

Once you have a shard for each of your coveted cape's related skills, simply combine them. Then, drape yourself in silky splendour and continue with your adventures!

Expert skillcapes have the same stats as regular skillcapes and come with a cosmetic hood. They can also boost all of their related skills to 100 for a short time. Finally, each has its own lavishly animated emote.

They can be stored in the costume room of your player-owned house, and can be retrieved from Diango if lost.

Have Fun!

It's a long road to maxed, so why not pick up some stylish threads on the way? Get collecting those shards, and give us your thoughts over on the forums.

The RuneScape Ninja Team

In Other News

• We've made a number of changes to the Wealth Evaluator, so it can now more accurately represent your wealth:
    • Untradeable wealth is no longer included in the calculation by default. It can be toggled back on via the Wealth Evaluator interface.
    • Bonds held in the Bonds Pouch are now included. Note that untradeable Bonds will not be counted unless the option mentioned above is toggled on.
    • Contribution from battle mage, trickster and vanguard armour has been reduced.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]Graphical:

• Golden godswords now use the correct sheathed model.
  • The Create Gatestone animation has been reverted to no longer show coins. 

Other: 

• Buff timers are now accessible in Legacy Mode through the icon in the combat panel.
  • Barbarian Assault now has a check box for Hard Mode when using the Grouping System.
  • Barbarian Assault wave tickets will now be counted from the bank when using the Grouping System.
  • Some confusing status messages have been removed from the Grouping System.
  • Smite and Soul Split have had their prayer drain rates against opponents modified.
  • An upgraded version of the ancient mace is now available as a drop from the statues in the Bandos throne room.
  • The vecna skull now boosts Magic to a higher level.
  • Passive versions of the Armadyl godsword no longer apply the Attack and Strength buff to the wrong person in PvP.
  • The defence Skill Advance Guide has been updated to correctly show the defence requirement for corrupt PvP armour.
  • The Enhanced Excalibur special now shares a cooldown with Rejuvenate, Guthix's Blessing and Ice Asylum.
  • It is no longer possible to toggle between Legacy and EoC in the Combat Academy area.
  • It is no longer possible to stall damage by enchanting unblessed holy/unholy symbols or lighting celebration candles.
  • The 'Activating Momentum' section of the Combat Academy has been removed.
  • All players can now continue the Ashdale tutorial after killing the undead cow.
  • Skipping mid-way through the tutorial as a new player now correctly removes all tutorial-related interfaces. 

Soul Reaper Fixes: 

• Hydrix jewellery can now be repaired with onyx. You can now use a cut onyx on any enchanted hydrix jewellery to recharge it by 50% per gem.
  • The cost of buying additional tasks has been reduced from 500 to 250 slayer points.
  • The cost of an incomplete hydrix has been reduced from 400 to 300 reaper points.
  • You can now obtain multiple grim gems.
  • There is now a total Slayer creature kills counter on the Slayer kills tab. This is the sum of kills for all the tracked monsters.
  • There is now a new Boss Kills tab similar to the Slayer kills tab that displays all boss kills along with a total.
  • Players can now request to have their assignment size doubled to earn an extra 25% reward points. The option for this can be found in the 'Options' tab on Death's reward interface.
  • Quick Chat for Soul Reaper can now be found in the Skills > Slayer section.
  • Death and Frank now have right-click options for getting an assignment or viewing rewards when you visit them via Death's portal.
  • Choosing to reroll a Soul Reaper task on a new day will no longer stop you from being able to receive another task that day.
  • Har-Aken will no longer be assigned as a Soul Reaper task to those that are yet to sacrifice a fire cape.
  • The rewards for God Wars bosses on the Beasts interface no longer shows combined godsword shards.
  • There is no longer a 'Fastest Kill Time' icon in the Beasts interface for bosses that do not store this information (Barrows; Corporeal Beast; Chaos Elemental; Dagannoth Kings; Kalphite Queen; King Black Dragon).

Rival Challenges Fixes: 

• The Challenges interface has been updated to use a more consistent interface style.
  • Support for Legacy Mode has been added to the Challenges interface.
  • Moved Daily Challenges to the top of the drop-down box in the Challenges interface.
  • The Minigames interface has been updated to support Legacy Mode.
  • The item name 'adamant daggers' has been corrected in the Smithing challenge.
  • The location of crimson swifts in the Hunter challenge has been corrected.
  • A missing colon has been added to the instructions for pickpocketing male H.A.M. followers.
  • The name of the Agility tickets challenge has been updated.
  • A problem with clearing active tasks when completing some types of challenge has been fixed.
  • An issue with lucky challenge tasks that mean they may not display properly in the Active Task window has been fixed.

Engine Fixes: 

• The trigger order when players in groups log out has been changed.
  • A number of smaller optimisations have been made.

HTML5 Engine Fixes: 

• Fix to the camera during certain cutscenes in HTML5.
  • Attempting to hop to a HTML5 world you shouldn’t be able to log into should no longer cause the game area to not show when returned to the original.
  • Opening and closing the HTML5 world map no longer causes the game area to revert to older states (doors being open but looking like they are closed etc).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

> whines about bad format

> makes post in bad format

Capes look like garbage.... At least the hydrix stuff is rechargable.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

> whines about bad format

> makes post in bad format

Capes look like garbage.... At least the hydrix stuff is rechargable.

Care to give me a minute to format it? I have a good history of formatting the news posts as soon as they are released. I just do a phased formatting :).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Maple unstrungs confirmed to give shard

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Most likely the methods match that of Strange rocks, I got FM shard from bonfiring maples.

EDIT: Cleaning herbs give herb shard

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

It would've been nice if they released a list of the training methods that give you a chance for a shard. It would've been better if you've a chance with any method (excluding things like mini games and xp lamps).

I would guess that anything which can give Shattered Heart rocks can also give Expert Cape shards, but that's just a guess.

I'm assuming that the Hydrix jewelry will just lose charge and not crumble to dust now? There's still the possibility that we have to use an onyx on it before it hits 0% or lose it entirely, but that'd be 1. obnoxious and 2. completely different from every other degrade mechanic in the game.

I'm curious what formula Vecna uses to boost now; at 98 Magic I get a 11 level boost.

I like that they finally addressed the Wealth Evaluator issues; sounds like turning off the untradable bit should make it pretty accurate now. I'm actually tempted to buy one.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

"The Enhanced Excalibur special now shares a cooldown with Rejuvenate, Guthix's Blessing and Ice Asylum."

I know there aren't many places that put you in a position to use both at once, but this still irks me for some reason.

• Like 2

Wait...

"you'll need level 99 in a number of skills:"

If this was the answer to the actual skillcape overhaul, then I'm quite pissed off since I voted for ALL capes to be remade, including my farming cape. Not "oh by the way you need to get 99 in other skills that cost 100m+ before you can have a nicer looking cape".

As much as I like this, they better bloody still be updating current skillcapes.

Popoto.~<3

Got an attack shard midway trough second araxxor. Can't be too rare, also shows they are not tied to actually killing something.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just finished Artisan's one, all activitites are ones i do for rocks.

tim_chenw2.png

You need everything in that group to wear said cape.  I'm not sure if you can start earning shards if you only have some of the 99's in a group but not others.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Got a Runecrafting shard from Runespan within about 10 minutes. Don't seem to be too rare at all.

I do like this update though, just as long as it doesn't push the skill cape graphical update farther to the back burner.

CquL9ly.png

I'm not sure if you can start earning shards if you only have some of the 99's in a group but not others.

You can. You need 99 in a skill to get a shard for that skill; the other skills for that cape have no impact on it. You do need all the shards in a given category to get an expert cape, ofc.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

do you need all skills in 1 area ?  like 

• Combatant's cape:
    • Attack
    • Constitution
    • Defence
    • Magic
    • Prayer
    • Ranged
    • Strength
    • Summoning

do i need all the above to wear that cape or can i just put def and mage together to make a def mage cape ? if you get me

You need all of the pieces from a single category, so you need 99's in all of those skills plus you need to get the shards.

You need everything in that group to wear said cape.  I'm not sure if you can start earning shards if you only have some of the 99's in a group but not others.

You can. I found a fishing piece and I don't have 99's in all of the skills.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Got a Runecrafting shard from Runespan within about 10 minutes. Don't seem to be too rare at all.

I do like this update though, just as long as it doesn't push the skill cape graphical update farther to the back burner.

I think this might have been it...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

& does Soul Split drain prayer points faster or slower now?

If you're using Soul Split (or Smite) against another player, it drains their prayer points faster now, I believe. The rate of your pp drain while using those prayers is unchanged.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg