[DISCUSSION] Ironman mode

852ttaM

the logic behind no MTK would be to say no NPCs no bank no quests

would be a very bland version of runescape!

was very worried I woudn`t be motivated to play the rs3 hc ironman version but jagex came to their senses and completely disabled treasure hunter :)

being able to buy 2 extra lives on hardcore with RSGP though is pretty softcore of them

anyone else going to rush the high level divination for godmode too?! along with dungeon and high quest points asap!

Runecraft (Wicked hood), Divination and hunter for me.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Combat out of the way first, massive increase to survivability. Don't need runes for magic if you use abilities which is also a plus. High level armour/weapons will be a pain though

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Will certainly be interesting seeing players beg for their lives rather than their items when they're killed because of server issues.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

what is MTK?

It refers to managing the Miscellania kingdom ('Manage Thy Kingdom,' I believe).  You can read more here.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It basically gives you interest on money stored in the kingdom, but pays out with skilling items rather than gold. As such, it allows any method of generating coins to instead generate herbs, logs, coal, and other resources. Some people view this as not in the spirit of the challenge.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Combat out of the way first, massive increase to survivability. Don't need runes for magic if you use abilities which is also a plus. High level armour/weapons will be a pain though

Nature runes, afk training, easy ports skill

Tranquil.png

It basically gives you interest on money stored in the kingdom, but pays out with skilling items rather than gold. As such, it allows any method of generating coins to instead generate herbs, logs, coal, and other resources. Some people view this as not in the spirit of the challenge.

not familiar with ports :( but i hear they require a 90+ skill for 85+ armor?

will be intense

they degrade and cost 2-3m to repair per piece though? will be rough

Itam.gif

will be intense

Scrimshaws and t85 darts are nice too :P

Tranquil.png

will be intense

You can repair them with materials you get from ports. Even without that it's not that expensive. Lots of monsters drop alchables or big piles of coins now

it costs 4.2m to repair a full set with level 1 in the skill it requires, but as it requires 90 just to make em your repair costs are basicly cut in half already

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Going to Update the 1st post: Quick find code: 16-17-221-65476913

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going to Update the 1st post: Quick find code: 16-17-221-65476913

Yeah, we've been talking about that since Urza posted it here, but adding it to the first post is good, thanks!

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but they appear to be contemplating Old School Ironman Mode as well: [qfc]380-381-98-65479193[/qfc].

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

First of all yes normally this would be placed in a media section (as i usually do) but this video is intended to generate discussion so hence why its here.

People showed interest in my last episode so  i thought i would come back with another one, you can watch it if you want i don't mind you can still contribute to the thread regardless. Its something a little different this time but still an interesting topic. This wasn't as controversial as the last topic in terms of the subject i chose, but keep in mind the next video I'm already working on will be a little more on the controversial side of things.

Still working on my speech fluidity, its getting there comes with time though i think lol, its surprisingly hard to talk to nothing and make sense. Maybe i need to glue a face to my PC screen. 

I'm all for this update, however, it's bound to end or for them to go back on their word once their top player after dedicated hundreds of hours into the game gets killed due to a connection lost.

I moved the Ironman video to this topic as it is basically an addition to the discussion regarding Ironman itself. Whether the medium is through a video doesn´t warrant an own topic.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm all for this update, however, it's bound to end or for them to go back on their word once their top player after dedicated hundreds of hours into the game gets killed due to a connection lost.

Given the two extra lives they've talked about i doubt this. I'm actually quite surprised that the extra lives haven't caused more controversy as they make hardcore ''ironman''(hate the term. DIY has existed for over 10 years and stands for exactly the same thing) alot easier. As far as i can see, there will only be a select few activities this will not allow you to be a part of (vorago, ROTS and most things in the wilderness). With one death, the list is probably quite a bit longer.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I certainly hope not. They might give back accounts/deaths that happened due to connection loss, but if so, they'll likely do it for everyone or for no-one.

I'm not sure they'll do that at all, though; the built-in two free deaths/conversion to non-Hardmode is for that specific purpose, after all.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

that what i mean, if it isnt set at mid price then can have the advantage of main buying it with gp, although i guess not really a difference between that and making a card payment for it

I don't quite follow you :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yeah, as of their latest statement (see OP), you can be given a bond (by another player, or your main).  It doesn't really seem all that different to me.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

they will not be rolling hc accounts back if death  from dc

thats what hc is all about. its always been a gamble, half the battle is knowing when you should and shouldnt be bossing!

if you're unlucky enough to die 2-3 times and burn through your lvl 99 divination item (i forget what its called) then gg start over !

Itam.gif