[DISCUSSION] Ironman mode

852ttaM

So you have to start a whole new character? No trading? It's all DIY?

Yep, that's right.  You can see more details in the first post.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So you have to start a whole new character? No trading? It's all DIY?

Yep, that's right.  You can see more details in the first post.

Right. Sorry. 

Don't worry, just directing you to where there's more info :thumbsup:.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So how would someone go about acquiring the massive amounts of coins needed for summoning and construction?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Monster drops, Kingdom of Miscellania (?), smith and alch items or sell stuff to General Stores, etc. for starters.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Monster drops, Kingdom of Miscellania (?), smith and alch items or sell stuff to General Stores, etc. for starters.

I don't think MtK will earn you cash if you can't sell your resources on the GE, heh.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

So how would someone go about acquiring the massive amounts of coins needed for summoning and construction?

Generally you do it by alching stuff.  When I'm on my 07 diy account and I need quick cash I usually make about 1,000 maple longbows and alch them for 384k.  Alching battlestaves is also pretty popular.  If you get 80+ crafting with battlestaves you'll be swimming in cash.

BmkSbxS.png

I don't think MtK will earn you cash if you can't sell your resources on the GE, heh.

I wasn't sure if it gave coins too, or anything easily alch/sellable to stores :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I ask because 46k granite lob pouches is like 190million in shards.

Is that including if you sell back the pouches?

No it's not I kind of forgot about that

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I ask because 46k granite lob pouches is like 190million in shards.

Is that including if you sell back the pouches?

No it's not I kind of forgot about that

You can also alch the pouches and use the GP to buy more shards. Not sure if it is better or worse than trading them in but at least you get all that magic xp.

Probably better to mtk the logs and still use gp. It isn't all that hard to come by anyway, and there are other bigger issues (Crafting) that will easily outlast construction or summoning worries.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Probably better to mtk the logs and still use gp. It isn't all that hard to come by anyway, and there are other bigger issues (Crafting) that will easily outlast construction or summoning worries.

Why is crafting such an issue?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Well what would you do for Crafting?  Craft hides from killing dragons?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I was thinking about this last night. If I were to do IM, I'd just do the kiln over and over again for the uncut onyx reward. They alch for 1m coins each.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Gold bars from LRC

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Gold bars from LRC

Am I missing something, or would you need gems too?  And I'm not aware of a way to mass-produce those.  There are gem rocks but I thought those were fairly slow.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png