[Update] Prifddinas - Lost City of the Elves

Miss Lioness

They said they were thinking of doing a superflax patch in the elf city were you autopicked flax and could spin it very fast. I think they nixed that idea/

This would've been great for ironman

Eh, you can pickpocket Cadarn workers for bowstrings.

can also get hard clues from at least crwyn clan members

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Y4i4gqs.jpg

He must dislike his own peoples.

He's just un-biased. What a noble man.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The only issue i think is combat in the city is a bit like urban warfare. Its so hard to see your target with the decorative trees getting in the way. Also the drops falling under the crystaline edges or in random spots is extremely annoying. I vote for drops to fall jnder the yielding elf!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

clarification for the dark elf title: in order to attack seren, you have to both have the cape AND the shard equipped before the option turns up, and you have to use the shard on her beforehand. silly and complicated but yeah.

8f14270694.jpg

about one of seren's memories

so, wait, that elven spy during making history was seren's proxy? and she caught us time travelling red handed?

i'm so embarrassed right now

Yes, and apparently the only reason Seren chose Runescape (Giel... whatever) over anywhere else for the new elf world was because she saw the player and knew that for time travel to be possible there must be lots of magic on the world.

From the memoriam crystal:

Guthix's humans were there, attuned with nature but in a manner different from the elves. One of them was different from the others, out of flux somehow misplaced in time. I shall inform Guthix of this. If magic such as this existed here, then I knew there must be a way to fix what I had done to the elves.

This whole idea is chock full of time travel paradoxes :P. It's also important to note that the Meeting History quest is not a requirement for Plague's End/Priffy, so Seren could talk about how she met the player back in time when the player hasn't traveled back in time. Likely an oversight.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

This whole idea is chock full of time travel paradoxes :P. It's also important to note that the Meeting History quest is not a requirement for Plague's End/Priffy, so Seren could talk about how she met the player back in time when the player hasn't traveled back in time. Likely an oversight.

...yet

about one of seren's memories

so, wait, that elven spy during making history was seren's proxy? and she caught us time travelling red handed?

i'm so embarrassed right now

Yes, and apparently the only reason Seren chose Runescape (Giel... whatever) over anywhere else for the new elf world was because she saw the player and knew that for time travel to be possible there must be lots of magic on the world.

From the memoriam crystal:

Guthix's humans were there, attuned with nature but in a manner different from the elves. One of them was different from the others, out of flux somehow misplaced in time. I shall inform Guthix of this. If magic such as this existed here, then I knew there must be a way to fix what I had done to the elves.

Isn't Making History one of the quests that is of the 5'th age though, and thus it's in reallity done no matter if the player have played through the flashback or not?

...yet

But what if the player never goes back in time (AKA quits before he/she does the quest)? I still feel they should have made Meeting History a req.

Well, hopefully they'll make it a req for Seren quests, but still it makes little sense.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

...yet

But what if the player never goes back in time (AKA quits before he/she does the quest)? I still feel they should have made Meeting History a req.

Well, hopefully they'll make it a req for Seren quests, but still it makes little sense.

just because we haven't gone back in time yet doesn't mean we didn't in the future. Seren could've seen future is going into the past. Time travel is confusing :c

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Question: for the requirement to complete 6 dark beast assignments for the title, are these special assignments you get straight away or preferentially? Or do you literally have to just get lucky enough/do enough tasks/spend enough points/tickets to get 6 different dark beast tasks? 

Any pics for the new crystal weapons?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Question: for the requirement to complete 6 dark beast assignments for the title, are these special assignments you get straight away or preferentially? Or do you literally have to just get lucky enough/do enough tasks/spend enough points/tickets to get 6 different dark beast tasks? 

If you have the Mask of Gloom (Darkbeast Mask) you could force the tasks over a number of days

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

the blurb about time travel being there before the player doing the quest isn't an issue, since the letter that robert the strong leaves the player also seems to heavily indicate that you have already done something about the dragonkin that you haven't done yet, which he then uses as a basis to write the letter and create the collar in order to set the entire cycle of events in motion for your discovery of that information and then the subsequent events which lead him to write the letter

yes, you read that right

oh, and the quest i was talking about was meeting history, my bad

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

clarification for the dark elf title: in order to attack seren, you have to both have the cape AND the shard equipped before the option turns up, and you have to use the shard on her beforehand. silly and complicated but yeah.

I didn't have the shard equipped when I got that title. I think it's just finicky and may take a few tries.

The thing I noticed from the memoriam crystals was

Haluned (the "elf" Seren made to be her eyes and ears) = Eluned, maybe? Eluned says she doesn't remember her childhood and has no parents, and she seems uncommonly good at chanting crystal, so that seems very possible. I suspect the next quest to do with the elves/Seren will expand on this.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I didn't have the shard equipped when I got that title. I think it's just finicky and may take a few tries.

Haluned (the "elf" Seren made to be her eyes and ears) = Eluned, maybe? Eluned says she doesn't remember her childhood and has no parents, and she seems uncommonly good at chanting crystal, so that seems very possible. I suspect the next quest to do with the elves/Seren will expand on this.

very much possible, what with jagex's obsession with terrible puns, and the fact that we're only receiving this information now

could very much be the key to solving the problem

also of note: she says that it feels like she's coming home, even though she never remembers being there

and it is very plausible that seren's proxy would lose her memory if the connection to seren was severed very suddenly by say, seren exploding into pieces

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

In case someone hasn't seen it yet:

"the Elfborne"-title is unlocked by having the following in your inventory:

• Bacon Mound
  • Chocolate Bar
  • Bread

Then use one of these items on Seren.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Haluned

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is Thieving the new Cooking?

For a long time Cooking used to be the go-to skill when people wanted some quick experience, needed something to do while they AFK other things or simply needed to get their first 99 cape (or trim for that matter). It was most likely the simplest and easiest skill in all of the Gielinor to train. Just buy some fishes, cook, sell and repeat. In best case scenario you could even make some money with it. 

This quickly lead to people more or less despising the Cooking skill. 99 Cooking skill cape (especially the not trimmed one) became sort of a status symbol for newcomers in the game. Which is quite funny - considering every 99 skill takes a decent amount of time - and even longer back in the days having 99 skill was a huge achievement. No matter which skill was it. Oh, do the times change?

Ever since this game has become progressively easier all around, when it comes to training your skills. Everything is made easier, more afk and quicker to train. On top of that you get handed tons of bonus experience almost everywhere you go. Ever since then more and more skills have become like cooking. Simple - buy some ingredients, afk while you make them and sell them. In best case you make some profit. Quickly skills like firemaking and fletching reached similar status as cooking. The easy skills.

Now I don't mean to say that firemaking, fletching or cooking are the absolutely easiest skills to train. I personally find skills like dungeoneering, prayer, combat skills and such even easier to train. They are faster and more enjoyable. Of course that is personal preference and alot of it has to do with the fact that I have trained those skills enough to know how to do it right. And I have enough money in the bank to not have to worry about it.

Since singular 99's are not really that big of a deal in the current era of RuneScape, we've turned our eyes into 120 capes. While 120 capes - no matter which skill - are relatively hard to obtain, there is a trend already where 120 capes such as cooking, firemaking or fletching (maybe even defence or magic capes) aren't really held as "that big achievements". Now with the new Elf City update, I'm going to go out on the limb here and say that Thieving has become the easiest skill in RuneScape. To go for a 120 cape that is.

I tried testing some Thieving rates yesterday. If someone here hasn't tried Thieving in Elf City yet - let me just say that it's extremely afk activity. The XP rate is atleast on par with dwarf traders and we can only expect that to rise with the introduction of the remaining four clans. Biggest problem with current Elf City thieving is the fact, that sometimes you get caught by all clans in less than 20 minutes, which basically blocks you out from Thieving anything in Elf City for a short while. This might not sound like much at the moment, but in the worst case scenario it can mean up to 100k XP less in an hour. Well, worry not - even in worst case (and 99 thieving) it's still over 250k xp/hour. Guaranteed. In best case it's somewhere between 350k-400k xp/hour. Assuming you can keep thieving on constant rate. When the Elf City is complete, I'm certain you can create an optimal thieving path where you can constantly keep thieving the ones that give the best XP rates. Expect 400k+ xp/h in the future.

Now 400k xp/hour might not seem like that much. Granted - you can get more experience with similar AFK rates doing some other skills. Or higher XP rates with less AFK chances. But the difference with Thieving and all those other skills is that generally in RuneScape faster experience costs money. So assuming you didn't have any money to begin with, you would have to first spend time to gather money - and then use the money on skills to gain proper experience rates. With Thieving this is completely opposite. In the Elf City you're not only making the best Thieving xp/h rates, but you're also making money.

Of course, this is not the fastest way to make money in the game, but it's still rather decent. According to my calculations yesterday you can make anywhere between 4-5 gp/xp. Probably even more when the Elf City is complete, depending on what kind of drops the remaining clans will have. 4-5 gp might not sound much, but when you are already making over 300k xp/hour, it quickly adds up to 1,2m-1,5m gp per hour. Again - it's not the best there is - but you need to look at the full picture here. It's 1,2m+ gp/hour doing one of the most AFK activities in the entire game, that yields one of the best hourly XP/rates in the game. Notice a pattern here? In every way it's a win-win situation. You get quick XP, you get to AFK and you also make some money.

With that being said, my estimation is that the amount of 120 Thieving capes and the amount of 200m Thievers we will see in the future is going to skyrocket in next few months.

• Like 1

u5zhkTY.gif