29 September 2014 - Patch Week & Pure resets

Arceus

Patch Week & Pure Resets

We're focusing on bug fixes and other small updates this week, including improvements to Rise of the Six and a batch of tweaks from the Ninja Team.

Pure resets are here, too, letting nostalgia seekers build the focused characters they fondly remember.

Read on for further details, or log into RuneScape now.

Rise of the Six

The following fixes to the Rise of the Six boss battle make it fairer and more fun:

• Players are no longer attributed kills or counted for rewards if they stand between the two entry barriers and do not participate in the fight.
  • Karil will no longer start his bombing run while still on his platform, and will no longer run back to his original position if attacked by a familiar.
  • The range of Karil’s bombardment attack has been increased.
  • The brothers can no longer enrage until Karil has finished his bombing run.
  • Undead versions of the brothers will now be hidden underneath alive versions of the brothers if they are stacked.
  • The Shadow Realm mechanic has been reworked.

Ninja Updates

The Ninja Team have been hard at working bringing you a big batch of updates, most of which were frequent requests:

• You can now use the RuneScape Authenticator in place of your Bank PIN. To do this, first set up the Authenticator on your account, then select 'Use Authenticator as a Bank PIN' from the Bank PIN Settings interface.
  • Cooldown times are now displayed on the action bar. This can be toggled off in the Interface Settings interface.
  • Beast-of-burden familiars can now be filled directly from the bank.
  • Excalibur swords have been graphically updated, and the enhanced Excalibur is now protected on death.
  • Gargoyles have been updated with improved graphics and animation fixes.
  • The assist cap now resets at midnight UTC each day, and it's possible to continue assisting once the cap has been reached - albeit at no XP gain.
  • Bert's sand delivery now resets at midnight UTC.
  • Players on your Ignore list can no longer attempt to teleport you.
  • The click area on clan avatars has been reduced.
  • Chat tabs no longer flash when otherwise-filtered messages come through.
  • The camera is better positioned upon entering the Araxxor and Rise of the Six fights.
  • The Death interface now displays which items won't be saved in your gravestone.
  • You can now click 'Esc' to cancel sending a private message.
  • A broadcast is now sent when a player receives a five or ten-year veteran cape.
  • The apron undershirt is now coloured black.

Pure Resets

We've brought in some handy functions for those of you looking to reset certain stats to create or maintain pure accounts.

If you've accidentally gained unwanted levels in the above stats, these options allow you to undo that and get your account back as you want it.

Speak to Nastroth near Lumbridge Castle if you're interested in the service. He'll give you two options:

• Reset Constitution and Prayer to level 1: requires level 5 or lower in Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Magic and Summoning.
  • Reset Defence to level 1: requires that your combined Attack, Strength, Ranged, Magic and Summoning total at least 10.

When these are done, any completed quests or tasks that require your previous level or always award XP in a reset skill will become uncompleted, and any rewards for completing them will be removed. Exceptions are the superior kyzaj, which will revert to a Bandos hilt, and the Imcando pickaxe, which will revert to a dragon pickaxe.

Note that if you re-complete a quest or task, any XP lamps or Treasure Hunter Keys will not be re-awarded.

Your position on the hiscores will be reset accordingly, although there may be a delay before this happens. The XP loss will also be reflected in your clan, and may result in a reduced hiscore board position for them, too.

Also note that the reset may also affect your hiscore position in otherwise unaffected skills, as you will be moved to the bottom of any cluster of players with the same amount of XP.

For example, if you reset your Defence to level 1 and have 200m XP in Fishing, you will be moved to the lowest hiscore position of players with 200m Fishing XP.

Any unclaimed funds in your Miscellania coffers will be transferred to your money pouch on reset.

Along with the requirements above, you cannot reset your stats if:

• You have already performed your chosen reset for your account.
  • You have any items in your worn, backpack or beast-of-burden inventories.
  • You have dropped an item or dismissed a familiar in the last three minutes.
  • You have an item that would be removed by the reset in a Keepsake box.
  • You become eligible for one of the resets after performing the other.

Please note: any changes made through the Pure Reset system are irreversible, and will not be undone by Jagex for any reason.

Enjoy!

You'll find loads more fixes and tweaks in the patch notes, all geared towards making RuneScape slicker and more enjoyable.

Have fun, and look out for Behind the Scenes - October this Friday, for details of a gob-smacking month of content.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• Got loads of spare Bonus XP? For a limited time, visit Vic the Trader's Swap Shopin the Grand Exchange to swap it for skill outfit pieces, reduced amounts of actual XP, and much more. See the news post for full details.
  • Balthazar's Big Raffle wraps up tomorrow, but Balthazar will be in Burthorpe until October 13th so you can collect any prizes you've yet to claim.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Arctic pine logs can no longer be taken into Castle Wars.
Cannons on idle ships in Player-Owned Ports have had their 'Interact' option removed.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

Players no longer need 99 Summoning to be able to toggle off combat daily challenges.
The daily challenge for pickpocketing elves has been reworded to make it clear that Prifddinas elves do not count towards the challenge.
Dungeoneering challenges that have been extended no longer complete after a single floor under certain conditions.

Elf City Fixes:

Players can now re-attune crystal seeds into crystal weapon seeds.
Players can no longer repeatedly anger Seren to continuously spam other players with a screen shake.
The Remote Farm spell will now work with all farming patches in Prifddinas.
Items dropped in the Trahaern smithing house will no longer float.
Players can now destroy Seren memoriam crystals correctly via the bank.
Skillchompas can now be used on Seren stones.
Players will no longer be able to attempt the silver tier Rush of Blood challenge if they have yet to complete Legacy of Seergaze.
Mining rocks in Prifddinas no longer occasionally disappear.
The Max Guild Nex portal now places the player in a more suitable location.
The Max Guild Araxxor portal now correctly replaces the webbed entrance.
The Max Guild God Wars portal now correctly resets the player's kill count upon entry.
The Max Guild Runespan portal no longer allows familiars to be taken in.
The Max Guild glacor portal will now set the Stone of Jas effect upon entry.
Players will no longer receive Prayer golden rocks inside Daemonheim.
Dreadnips may no longer be deployed against Cadarn and Iorweth elves.
The crystal teleport seed can be dropped once again.
Morvran no longer refers to Rush of Blood lasting for 15 minutes instead of 10.
Morvran will now assign strykewyrm and jadinko tasks via a slayer mask correctly.
A typo when smelting corrupted ore has been fixed.
A typo on the Max Guild's Araxxi portal has been corrected.
A typo in an overhead message players see when walking past the elf clan leaders.
Auron Ithell is no longer referred to as male when speaking to her.

Other:

Players can now cure poison with the unicorn via the ‘Heal’ option on the life points icon and the ‘Interact’ option on the Summoning icon.
Two-handed and dual-wield Magic damage is now more consistent when using low-level spells with higher level weapons.
The Freedom ability will no longer be put on a global cooldown when the player is hit by an interrupt.
Scrimshaws of Strength have been renamed to Scrimshaws of Attack and now require an Attack level of 85 rather than Strength. These, as well as the Scrimshaws of Ranging and Magic now provide accuracy bonuses to their relevant combat style instead of their previously underwhelming damage bonus.
The Dragon Breath ability will no longer hit targets in-between the players target multiple times.
The combat mode icon will no longer display in the buff bar in Legacy Mode.
Messages displayed for the Warpriest armour effect now reference the armour alignment, rather than the player's allegiance during the Battle for Lumbridge.
Disabling buff timers in Legacy will no longer hide them in EoC as well.
Familiars will no longer recall when the player is stunned by a celestial dragon.
Chinchompas will no longer remain in the player's hand if released whilst equipped.
A reference to a splitbark book has been corrected to splitbark orb in the Magic Skill Advance Guide.
The recommended combat level has been updated for the King Black Dragon teleport artefact.
Doubloons and ship's biscuits can now be converted into coins.
The damage buff for void and elite void is now 5% (up from 3%).
The accuracy buff for void and elite void is now 3% (up from 1%).
The damage buff for superior void and superior elite void is now 7% (up from 5%).
The 5% extra damage received while wearing void has been removed.
All hybrid pieces of void have had their armour values dropped by 15 levels to bring them in line with other hybrid armour.
The void knight deflector has been given the full armour contribution for its level.
It is now possible to make a superior void knight deflector.
The drop rate of the world event 2 abilities from bosses in the God Wars Dungeon has been doubled, and the ability to gain these abilities whilst in a LootShare group has been added.
The position of the starting horn imp is no longer random.

Engine Fixes:

Support has been added for the new ironman feature.
Several server performance optimisations have been made so that some code now runs up to 8.5 times faster.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

And the Bxp swap shop!

Bonus XP Swap Shop

Got more Bonus XP than you need? Stop by the Swap Shop in the next seven days and hand it in for some awesome rewards.

Until the end of 5th of October 2014 (UK Time), Vic the Trader has set up shop by the Burthorpe lodestone, and will take any Bonus XP you're willing to part with in exchange for credits in his store.

These credits can buy you some much sought-after rewards, including:

• XP lamps: these grant less XP than you'll give in exchange, but immediately and in any skill.
  • Fallen stars: let you switch Bonus XP to a preferred skill - also at a lower rate of exchange.
  • Skilling outfits: pieces of the gemstone golem, diviner, artisan, sous chef, blacksmith, botanist, farmer, First Age and shaman outfits.
  • Cosmetic items: including the flying goblin hat and swagger stick.
  • And much more: such as dungeoneering tokens, protean bars and planks and shark fists!
  • Interested? Head over and chat with Vic now. He'll even give you 50% off your first 200 credits bought in each skill.

Note that the Bonus XP cost of credits for each skill will increase (separately) as you spend Bonus XP from them.

Vic's only accepting Bonus XP until the end of October 5th, so don't delay. He'll be around afterwards, but only to exchange credits for rewards.

Make use of his service while you can, and get what you want from your Bonus XP.

The RuneScape Team

Edited by Arceus
Formatting
220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Also note that the reset may also affect your hiscore position in otherwise unaffected skills, as you will be moved to the bottom of any cluster of players with the same amount of XP.

For example, if you reset your Defence to level 1 and have 200m XP in Fishing, you will be moved to the lowest hiscore position of players with 200m Fishing XP.

This might make people think twice about resetting to be cool; good idea.

• Like 3

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

This also means del isn't completely useless for maxed players beyond keeping your renown intact... (turn it in after!)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

System update coming in approximately half an hour to fix issues with the grouping system no longer working/dc'ing/etc.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Maybe this swap shop will reinvigorate HM Barbarian Assault.

You can you get like 700k bonus xp per hour from it.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

pity it only lasts for a week...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Maybe this swap shop will reinvigorate HM Barbarian Assault.

You can you get like 700k bonus xp per hour from it.

Yeah maybe for a little while, but there's only until Sunday to cash it in :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

SVzu6EQ.png

Cashed in a bunch of random skill xp and finished the Shaman skilling outfit. Not a bad deal.

I also finished like 4 other skill outfits as well, har har. Just need to finish botanist and sou chef...

How much xp did that cost?

howlin1eeveesig.png

if you want to get bonus xp to swap, play HM BA and put your bonus xp on firemaking -- it's close to 2m bxp/hour

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

• You can now click 'Esc' to cancel sending a private message.

Also can someone explain to me what this means?  I assume they mean press Escape on the keyboard, but hey that worked exactly the same before today's update...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

@Arceus: No, before it would like this:

[To Arceus: [Press enter to chat] ]

Now it should be:

[Miss Lioness: [Press enter to chat] ]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

@Arceus: No, before it would like this:

[To Arceus: [Press enter to chat] ]

Now it should be:

[Miss Lioness: [Press enter to chat] ]

Oh nice, useful instead of hitting enter several times :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Patch notes?

Good point, found them and added :).

Particularly intrigued by this:

Several server performance optimisations have been made so that some code now runs up to 8.5 times faster.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png