29 September 2014 - Patch Week & Pure resets

Arceus

Worst update since EOC.

...Best update of 2014 so far.

Looks like we've hit the whole spectrum!

• Like 6

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Karil's lightning is buffed up. How the hell is this "more fair"? Why didn't they do something like.... I don't know? Remove all 3+ bridge tunnels?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I'm at work so can someone post if the bonus xp cost is "reasonable"? By that I mean it's not like 100k bonus xp for one skilling outfit piece? I have some bonus xp in a few skills I have maxed and I'm not worried about any 120s any time soon so I'm curious if I should waste my time.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

It's roughly 3500 Firemaking BXP for one point. For the other skills I had BXP in, they were all around 1500 per point. These are with the discount too, so after you've bought 200 points, subsequent points will cost twice as much BXP.

Skill outfit pieces are 250 points each.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It is a tough call to if it is worth getting UNCHARGED Silverhawks for 500 Points. But I did it. I have been wanting them forever and I actually have been sitting on a bunch of feathers. Now I still have the choice of using the feathers for a skill I have all the bxp I need to get to 99 in already or sell them.

I have so much BXP (over 2.5Mil) in Agility I can get 550 points just from that.... LOL

I welcome your thoughts in helping me make this decision.

Also I have about 280 more points from BXP I turned in. What else to get... I have all skilling outfits except Farming and I have Sapphire Golem, and wont have enough points to get all the pieces for the full thing.

I'm thinking about just getting more BXP for a skill of my choosing and perhaps tokens with the remainder.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

It's roughly 3500 Firemaking BXP for one point. For the other skills I had BXP in, they were all around 1500 per point. These are with the discount too, so after you've bought 200 points, subsequent points will cost twice as much BXP.

So let me get this straight...for your first skill outfit piece, you need 200 points at the discount cost plus 50 more at regular cost.  That's 300*1.5K = 450K bonus xp in (most) skills.  The pieces give 1% extra xp.  So you need to earn 45 million xp (!!) to earn back what you spent on that piece (that is, 1% of 45M from wearing that piece = 450K).  For subsequent pieces, you would need to earn 75 million xp to pay them off.

...Did I make a mistake?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So let me get this straight...for your first skill outfit piece, you need 200 points at the discount cost plus 50 more at regular cost.  That's 300*1.5K = 450K bonus xp in (most) skills.  The pieces give 1% extra xp.  So you need to earn 45 million xp (!!) to earn back what you spent on that piece (that is, 1% of 45M from wearing that piece = 450K).  For subsequent pieces, you would need to earn 75 million xp to pay them off.

...Did I make a mistake?

Are you trying to add logic to Runescape updates again?

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

...Did I make a mistake?

Nah, I'm not quite ready to be committed to asylum yet.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Karil's lightning is buffed up. How the hell is this "more fair"? Why didn't they do something like.... I don't know? Remove all 3+ bridge tunnels?

Do you mean Ahrim's lightning? Or is Karil's spinning considered lightning?

edit: nevermind I'm dumb, almost 200 rots kills and I never realized how the lightning worked L

Also, anyone know how much the range on bombs was buffed by?

nevermind I'm dumb v2

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

...Did I make a mistake?

The good news is:

It works out as a bargin if you intend to do 120 capes

Even if you assume 99 already thats like 91m xp so doubles your investment.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

...Did I make a mistake?

The good news is:

It works out as a bargin if you intend to do 120 capes

Even if you assume 99 already thats like 91m xp so doubles your investment.

Only for the 1st piece.  And apparently it's worth more for skills under 99 as Saradomin Mage pointed out.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Assist resets at 00:00.

Thank you ninja team!

Only problem I have with the XP trading is that you can only buy DG tokens 1 point at a time. Looks like I'll be having fun spending 800 points...

Right-click it. gives you the option to cash in 1, 10 or 50 at a time.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Traded in all my bxp frlm other skills for huge prismatic fallen stars to put into slayer. So now im up from 5.2m to 6.3m slayer bxp.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png