29 September 2014 - Patch Week & Pure resets

Arceus

I feel like Jagex missed an opportunity to make shields somewhat relevant again with Legacy. In my opinion they shouldn't have included dual wielding in legacy (something many Legacy players are against in the first place) and instead should have made shields give their old strength/attack bonuses and such.

But oh well, rip shields.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

yeah and one handed wielding, I miss my F2p switching and bridding is not possible due to accuracy losses when you mixmatch now... pretty annoying, I don't know how that translates to Legacy.

Owell, going in with one defence! and yay bxp trading ;'D so much

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

When we step from a real life setting to a game setting, shields become far less desirable. Without the top priority being survival, offense dominates because you no longer have to worry about the penalties of being hit. Even if shields were buffed, the primary focus would still be to maximize kills per hour, and that won't change unless death becomes a serious concern.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Shields are always going to be a hard sell when everyone wants to hit bigger numbers.  Wasn't that the point of multiplying everything by ten in the first place?

I think the main point of multiplying everything by 10 was actually to make life a bit easier on newbs who start with only 10hp. Multiplying by 10 means you can have enemies that deal what would've been tenths of damage, letting combat at such low levels last longer and be less risky.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I feel like Jagex missed an opportunity to make shields somewhat relevant again with Legacy. In my opinion they shouldn't have included dual wielding in legacy (something many Legacy players are against in the first place) and instead should have made shields give their old strength/attack bonuses and such.

But oh well, rip shields.

Well in the EoC-Legacy beta, they had proposed abilities for shields based on tiers, which were suddenly dropped.

Worst update since EOC.

I'm going to guess you're not pleased about pure resets?

Correct.

l9SwmU8.png

On a scale of raging to furious, how mad are you?

I'll ask you the same question when Jagex decides to just let people edit their stats. Maybe stat edit tokens on squeal of fortune.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

• 4 weeks later...

My pure survived the wipe, as he was impure from prayer. Lucky me :)

They didn't wipe any stats - instead they just added the option to reset them, only if you wanted to do so. :)

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.