Invention Skill - To be or not to be?

Yoko Kurama

Actually, I was hoping for a new novel announcement. I'm not going to put any spoilers here, but the third - and last released [2012] - book, Legacy of Blood, left some questions unanswered, and the end of the novel provided information which could be the start of a fourth book...

Edit: I went a bit off topic here, after reading the Runefest Line up/reading this topic. I looked for a Runefest discussion but can't seem to find it.

i guess i'm mostly resentful because it feels like this was just the latest in a long string of things that i liked that got trashed by old players, AGAIN, even though that's not even the truth this time

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just put invention in divination, as I see divination as one of the most worthless skills ever...

Also I rather want existing skills to become more usefull (especially smithing) than a new skill... Some new skills have been awesome (construction, farming and especially dungeoneerig) but I don't see how inventor can be that awesome. To me it just seems as inventor is there to make divination usefull, imo they should make divination more usefull on its own and I rather had it never released...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I would rather they make the rest of the skills more balanced and useful and then release a brand new skill that can stand on it's own and isn't like div, where you get 99 for portents of life and item protection. Porters are nice too, but I felt the skill was too much like runespan and wasn't all that enjoyable, and barely was even useful until you maxed it. I know a lot of older skills fit that description, but there was really no excuse for this. They should have either released both skills in tandem or combined both into one and released at the same time.  Now we are stuck with half an update because they designed it to be half like that.