Ancient Magick Effects DW/2H

Blutters

Do Ancient Magick effects even work with abilities anymore? I thought Ice did for sure, but when using Shadow/Smoke, the symbols didn't show. I was pretty sure Blood didn't.

Getting 2 Ancient effects at once was the only advantage I thought Dual-Wield Magic had left... :|

2dgucz6.png

Ancient passive effects never worked with abilities iirc.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

duals does have the advantage of casting debuffs (vuln/stagger/enfeeble) much more quickly than 2h.  so that's something

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

There aren't any de-buffs on the ancient spell book anyway.

You technically could have two different ancient spells, but there really isn't much of a point since the effects are pretty useless in pve.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

no they arent

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Only way for you to put on the effect of shadow and smoke (which are the same as putting confuse and weaken on them) is to hit and do damage with the spell. Ancients can do this with 2 spells

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The effects of the Ancient Magick spells don't have a buff/debuff ("ability") unless its autocasted. Like, earlier today, I was killing chaos Dwarf cannoneers in hopping to get a dragon pickaxe, and I had ice barrage on my main-hand, and blood barrage on my off-hand. While using revolution, you would cast your main-hand spell first, then your off-hand, or an ability. If an ability was triggered, then it would be the off-hand spell starting, and then another ability or your main-hand wand.

When not autocast, Ancient magick spells lose their debuff, other than ice spells of course, where they still bind the target. When autocast, they have their buff/debuff, depending on the spell you're using.

Now, on the topic of wand + book/orb versus a staff, the answer is simple: if you want one spell, use a staff for the higher accuracy. If you want more than one spell, use a wand and the book/orb, so you can use more than one spell at a time.

Good luck, and hope this helped a little bit. :D

Yt'haar Andy|Andriod09, Vanguard to Armadyl, Loyal Servant of Zaros

Yt'Haar-Andy|Andriod09, Vanguard to Armadyl, Loyal Servant to Zaros.

The bind from ice activates on abilities.

Blood doesnt. Last time I checked I think smoke and shadow did.

Yeah. on ability activation, if the ice spell hit, the bind is still in effect; but if you autocast a blood spell, you do still get the healing effect of it.

After some brief testing, it doesn't seem Smoke and Shadow do.

However, I thought, what's to keep me from putting them on my ability bar, and manually hitting the buttons they're assigned to? Wouldn't that have my character autocast it once?

2dgucz6.png

After some brief testing, it doesn't seem Smoke and Shadow do.

However, I thought, what's to keep me from putting them on my ability bar, and manually hitting the buttons they're assigned to? Wouldn't that have my character autocast it once?

What do you mean? Kind of like a "quick-switch" type of thing for spells? I never thought of this. :o

I wouldn't see why not, to be honest. If anything, that'd help.