[Recrewtment Drive] - Join The Tip.It Crew!

Recrewtment Drive - Join The Tip.It Crew

We Are The Tip.It Crew

This Tip.It Crew is a team of RuneScape enthusiasts dedicated to bringing Tip.It users easy to read guides, calculators, and other various pages. We're a very diverse group. We're young and old. We're computer junkies and others... Not so much. However, we all share a dream for Tip.It - to maintain professional content and help both average and elite players where ever possible.

Sure, I can sit here and tell you that being on Crew is a breeze. Truth is, it's not! It takes work. It takes research. It takes dedication. Most of all, it takes time. Many apply, try it for a few weeks and decide it's not for them. Y'know what? That's fine! As Alfred Tennyson put it, "It’s better to have tried and failed than to live life wondering what would’ve happened if I had tried" Even if you're thinking, "I'd like to... But they'd never accept me." Apply!.

Now that we've got that out of the way, you're probably thinking, "Then why would I join?" Being on Tip.It's Crew is incredibly rewarding. Apart from making some of the best (online) friends around and getting to chill with the rest of the staff, you'll see you content used and appreciated by countless players. On top of that, it's a great learning experience. We have had Crew who join with little to no knowledge of CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and our other tools. Those people are now creating some of the best looking pages we've seen here on Tip.It!

Tip.It is evolving. Recently, we've been putting a lot of time into developing plugins and tools to improve the look and feel of our pages. You've likely seen some of our interactive ability bars, sleek looking tabs, and embedded and interactive world maps - to name a few. It's time we start really putting these to use, and for that, we need your help!

Where Do You Fit In

Being Crew is not always writing guides. It's not only updating items. We have many options and areas for people to explore. These positions can primarily be split into:

» Bestiary Editor

» Calculator Editor

» Guides Editor

» Items Database Editor

» Maps Editor

» Monster Hunter Guide Editor

» NPC Editor

» Quest Editor

» Treasure Trails Guide Editor

We can assign Crewbies to one, a few, or even all of them! Some of us like to focus on maps, others like to mix things up, which is great! So if you see one of more area in which you'd be interested, don't hesitate to apply!

What's The Catch

Tips.It is dedicated to professional and quality content. For this reason, we do have a few recommendations. Please note that the list below are not requirements:

» A high in-game combat or overall level.

» A decent knowledge of RuneScape lore.

» A RuneScape member.

» Ability to complete both high and low level quests.

» Access to high level equipment and wealth.

» Decent spelling and grammar.

» Excellent research skills.

» Experience with Photoshop.

» Knowledge of CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and jQuery.

Crewbies run under a tight schedule. Do not expect to apply and be made purple immediately after being accepted. We have unique tools for updating our databases and pages - ones which require training a training period. Trainees will have to complete guides, database entries, and other tasks just as other Crewbies are. Once we believe that you are ready, we'll publicly announce you, your training period will end, and you'll be granted access to a wider range of content and tools here on Tip.It.

Sign Me Up

I'm going to hope that by the fact that you've made it this far, that you're interested. Great! Too apply, you'll need to fill out the application below to @Staff_Applications a private message. To do that, simply click here. Please make the subject Crew Applicaiton: <your name here>.

Without further adieu:

[spoiler=Crewbie Application]

[size="3"][b]Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It[/b][/size]

[b]1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?[/b]

[b]2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:[/b]

[b]3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell us Your Qualifications[/b][/size]

[b]4. How many hours do you play RuneScape per week? [/b]

[b]5. Are you a RuneScape paying member? If not, have you ever been P2P?[/b]

[b]6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?[/b]

[b]7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?[/b]

[b]8. Have you written any RuneScape guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:[/b]

[b]9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)[/b]

[b]10. Explain why you want to be a Website Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:[/b]

[b]11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready. This is of course not a binding commitment, just an idea of what you're interested in:[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell Us About Your Computer[/b][/size]

[b]12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.[/b]

[b]13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?[/b]

[size="3"][b]More About You[/b][/size]

[b]17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:[/b]

[list][*][b]Which age group do you fall into? (Select one) 13-15 16-18 19-25 25+[/b]

[*][b]In what country do you live? Time Zone?[/b]

[*][b]What is your RSN? Link to the RuneScape Hiscores or provide any self-updating stat-signature.[/b]

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/compare.ws?user1=USERNAME[/list]

[b]18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favourite colour, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are! [/b]

Do not rush! Take your time. They will not be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Help us get to know you a bit better - don't pretend to be somebody you're not. Applications will be reviewed by myself, the Senior Crew, and Administrators.

Application will be accepted until Wednesday, October 22!

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

@Stev - Submit an application | Send me a message

09144a99bb.png

Being on Tip.It staff is a great experience so apply if you're interested!  It's even worth putting up with Stev's sense of humor!  (Lol just kidding..sort of..)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Good luck to all that apply. :thumbsup:

(Personally, I'm so sick of RuneScape that I won't be. -.- ...)

~D. V. "Yes, I'm a mixed bag of feelings." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)