Magic training dummy, is it worth it?

Blaze The Movie Fan

I have runes I can use for training magic.

However, I do not like to use them, and will not use them if I only get EXP and nothing else.

So is the magic training dummy I got from the treasure chest worth it? I doubt it, but I wanna know from more experienced players such as yourselves.

The dummies give xp, and although I'm not sure how much, you can use an air staff to cast an elemental air spell for free, so you can still get free xp from it :thumbup:.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Spells don't consume runes during abilities

True, but I can run out of abilities I can use for a while when using the abilities, that has happened to me many times. And when that happens I have to use some of my runes.

The dummies give xp, and although I'm not sure how much, you can use an air staff to cast an elemental air spell for free, so you can still get free xp from it :thumbup:.

Alright, I'll use air surge, thanks for the help.

I remember someone had this nifty tool to work out what fraction of the time you would be using abilities and help find a set up so you would never run out.  It is certainly possible, especially including members' abilities.  I can't find it but maybe Meredith can.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Since we are discussing abilities, I just wanna say that I hate abilities that hit multiple targets at once.

Because that makes multiple monsters attack me at once making me waste more of my food than needed.

That's why I try avoiding these abilities as much as I can.

then don't use abilities that attack more than one

there aren't that many of them.

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 3

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

it's especially easy to avoid area-of-effect abilities if you use dual wield melee.  maybe a mainhand and offhand dragon battleaxe?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting