[Update] Ironman & Drop Table Reworks

Miss Lioness

Ironman & Drop Table Reworks

Steel yourselves for self-sufficient 'Scaping and rewarding combat in RuneScape this week.

Ironman mode is here - a community favourite now supported in-game, where you'll forge your own path in the world: making everything with your own hands, claiming every precious drop yourself - all without the help of others.

It's a fresh challenge for experienced players, and there are prestigious titles and chat badges, plus dedicated hiscores to conquer.

Beast and ghosts' drop tables have also been improved, following your vote earlier in the year. Fighting them is more rewarding overall, and can yield new, tradeable boots for mid-level rangers, or ghostly essence, which can be used to upgrade the ectoplasmator.

Read on for full details!

Ironman Mode

To create an Ironman account, right-click on the 'randomise' button in the character creation screen to unlock an 'advanced' section of the interface.

From there, you'll be able to select Ironman or Hardcore Ironman mode for your new account.

Ironman accounts have the following restrictions:

• No player-to-player trades
  • No Grand Exchange trades, except Bonds
  • No picking up drops from other players
  • No Lootshare
  • No XP or loot in PvP
  • No multiplayer minigames
  • Most facilities in other players' houses cannot be used
  • No assist or accept aid
  • Dungeoneering is solo only
  • No Sinkholes or Warbands
  • No Treasure Hunter
  • No Wicked Pouch from Solomon's Store
  • No Refer a Friend
  • No Social Slayer
  • XP gain from clan citadel plots is reduced
  • No benefit will be received from group buffs, abilities or spells cast by others
  • Any group abilities or spells cast by an Ironman players will only affect the caster
  • You must deal more than half the total damage to a monster before you will receive drops from it.
  • Combat XP is reduced if you do less than 100% of the damage needed to kill an enemy (i.e. if someone else is fighting it as well)

Ironman accounts come with titles and chat badges to show off their prestigious status, and there are Ironman hiscores to compete on. The real reward, though, is knowing that every hard-won victory is yours alone.

Hardcore Ironman accounts take the challenge one step further: all the restrictions of an Ironman account…with permanent death.

If you die in Hardcore Ironman mode, that's it. Your account will no longer be playable, and all gear, items, money and currency - including any RuneCoins or items purchased in Solomon's Store - will be gone for good.

Note that 'Safe' activities carry no risk of permanent death.

Hardcore Ironman players can purchase two extra lives from Mr Ex in Edgeville: one at total level 1000, and another at 1600.

The first costs 100,000 coins, and the second 10 million. Once these two extra lives have been purchased, you can't get any more for that account.

This is an optional safety net, in case you want to protect your investment in your Hardcore character while keeping death dangerous.

Mr Ex can also change Hardcore Ironman characters to Ironman characters, and Ironman to a normal account, for a sum of gold at each stage. Note that all changes of this type are irreversible.

Finally, please note that Jagex will not reverse the death of a Hardcore Ironman character for any reason - even in the event of connection issues, or account hijacking. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you use the RuneScape Authenticator to ensure that your account is as secure as possible.

Beast & Ghost Drop Tables

You voted for better drops from beasts and ghosts, and we've brought them to you today.

The following monsters have had their drop tables overhauled, so fighting them is now far more lucrative:

Beasts:

• Rock slugs
  • Terror dogs
  • Wall beasts
  • Gargoyles
  • Kurasks
  • Turoths
  • Basilisks
  • Bloodvelds
  • Mutated bloodvelds
  • Dark beasts

Ghosts:

• Spiritual warriors
  • Spiritual rangers
  • Spiritual mages
  • Ghasts
  • Mighty banshees
  • Banshees
  • Ankou
  • Aberrant spectres

There are a number of new drops on offer, too:

• Three new sets of boots for rangers: these come in level 40, 50 and 60 varieties, and are dropped by basilisks, turoths and kurasks respectively. Drop chance increases if you're on a slayer assignment for those creatures.
  • Ghostly essence: this stackable material can be used to upgrade the ectoplasmator to an attuned ectoplasmator. This charge-based item gives increased Prayer XP when killing ghosts, works alongside prayer-restoring necklaces from dungeoneering, and scatters ashes automatically when they drop. 500 ghostly essence are needed to convert the ectoplasmator, and more essence can be used to recharge it once converted. Finally, the chance of essence dropping is increased and drop quantities doubled while on a slayer assignment for the ghosts you're killing.

Enjoy!

It's a beast-wrangling, ghost-grappling week for RuneScape slayers and survivalists.

Hang tough, have fun, and join the discussion on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• In preparation for the Impling Collector coming with part two of the Prifddinas release, we’re now tracking the types of implings you’ve captured, both in Puro Puro and throughout the wider game world. The impling types that you capture from now on will be considered caught when the second batch of the Elf City goes live in November.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

• Elven clan emotes will now play properly if the player activates them while performing other actions. 
  • The slayer VIP ticket's inventory model now looks like a ticket. 
  • The off-hand rune dart inventory icon is no longer offset incorrectly. 

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames: 

• Morvran will now always give 20 slayer points after completing a task.
  • After declining a slayer master's special challenge while holding a Slayer VIP ticket, players will now only be offered an alternative once and will receive the assignment chosen.
  • Players who cannot yet access automatons can also no longer access the Gold and Platinum Rush of Blood challenges.
  • The examine text on the Heist jail key has been corrected.
  • The patch bomb now works with Prifddinas farming patches, except for elder trees.
  • Super-ultra-flora-growth potion will now work on the Trahaearn tree patch in Prifddinas.
  • It is no longer possible to clear healthy growing crops in the herb and bush patches in the Crwys section of Priffdinas.
  • It is no longer possible to take upgraded skill outfit headwear into certain minigames.
  • TokHaar-Hok will no longer do nothing until you stun him when he enters the lava during the Fight Kiln.
  • Players with summoned familiars (other than a BoB carrying items, and pets) can now pass through the Fight Pits entrance.
  • Players no longer get stuck after passing through the Fight Pit entrance vent.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements: 

• A typo in the rewards interface for the quest 'The Golem' has been fixed.
  • Prifddinas elves now count towards the Rampage Mk XIII daily challenge.

Other: 

• Saradominist and Zamorakian warpriest armours now correctly adapt to level 50 when equipped on a free world.
  • Falador shield 1-4 and Void Knight deflector shields now have damage reduction applied.
  • The diminished healing effect from one of the dark crystals is now filtered by game messages.
  • Players no longer ask the Master Fisher about Construction skillcapes.
  • Dagon'hai monks have been rebalanced.
  • An issue where player's grave could sometimes end up under the east slope to Prifddinas has been fixed.
  • Players will now be able to correctly attack other players in the Wilderness if they teleport there from the Duel Arena.
  • Players can now fill their spirit pack pigs from bank.
  • Eluned will now correctly recharge crystal weapons and armour from players' inventories.
  • Freedom now breaks binds applied by NPCs using Asphyxiate, Rapid Fire, Flurry and Assault.
  • It is no longer possible to teleport to Morvran using the slayer helm teleport function without first unlocking the ability to do so.
  • Finishing a Rise of the Six kill from the Shadow Realm will now correctly award XP.
  • It is no longer possible to equip certain lent items in the Wilderness.
  • Noted shark will no longer appear in the rewards chest after killing the Queen Black Dragon.
  • Salarin the Twisted's stats have been corrected.
  • The brackish blade now has matching Strength stats for its Attack requirement.
  • Rum-pumped crabs now have a more appropriate weakness.
  • It is no longer possible to use sq'irk juice or achievement banners to stall damage.
  • Torva, Pernix and Virtus gloves and boots no longer have the same repair cost regardless of how degraded they are.
  • The Follower Details tab will no longer vanish when clicked if it is already docked within other tabs.

Ninja fixes: 

• The 'Withdraw X to BoB' option no longer appears inside the Bank interface unless a beast of burden familiar has been summoned.
  • The cooldown timer for abilities now displays correctly in slots 13 and 14.
  • It is now possible to access Valigga's Yak Shop without going through numerous chat options.
  • Players are now warned about dropping an item of high value when dropping a superior leviathan ring, Death Lotus darts or a ring of vigour.
  • Flax models throughout the game have been updated.
  • Leprechauns will now accept noted items for storage.
  • Most of the Task Set reward items have been made hybrid class.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Let the fun begin. My stats from the beta:

f8JeGU6.png

Curious as to how long it'll take people to overtake me lol.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Fixed Patch Notes!

EDIT:

• Most of the Task Set reward items have been made hybrid class.

Wiiiiin!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So far from trying to create an account: 

"This username is taken/unavailable"

Seriously, what was the [bleep]ing point of cleaning up usernames...

Popoto.~<3

throws herbicide out the window.

Why the hell make every herb drop noted. Even guams and marrentils... I want my tokens back....

• Like 4

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

capiB.jpg

T O P L E L

Since when is 35 an achievement of any sort? I wasn't aware that just because it's ironman suddenly every easy-to-do thing becomes an uber achievement. It's like all those annoying pictures on reddit along the lines of "first ironman to kill chicken". Yeah...

• Like 1

Since when is 35 an achievement of any sort? I wasn't aware that just because it's ironman suddenly every easy-to-do thing becomes an uber achievement. It's like all those annoying pictures on reddit along the lines of "first ironman to kill chicken". Yeah...

The achievement is being the first permadeath, apparently. 35 total is just a "plus".

• Like 2

capiB.jpg

T O P L E L

The achievement is being the first permadeath, apparently. 35 total is just a "plus".

That's more like the person with account name "rezzerzer" was just being an insane jerk, and utterly rude to everyone else.  They simply wanted to steal the notification for the First PermaDeath before anyone else could get to it, instead of allowing it to happen naturally to the first player who truly and honestly screwed up.  Shame on them, and may someone get very lucky and PK that particular user's Non-Ironman Main several times over!!! :angry:

We had better hope there's one for maxed total, as well as for certain other milestones, seeing as that opening notifier just got abused in the absolute most-horrific way. :notalk:

~Mr. D. V. "I may be sick of RuneScape, but that's just wrong!" Devnull

• Like 1

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Oh how do you know?  Maybe they fought a brave and courageous battle against a chicken, in a quest to battle for control of the farm, before making the ultimate sacrifice...or, they just went AFK too long  :-w .

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

95% of people making ironman accounts today won't still be using them in 2015.

Call me psychic.

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I ran a gargoyle task. Notable drops are...

Frequent emeralds and umcommon rubies. Rune longs and full helms are uncommon and legs are rarer. They drop 8 steel, 4 mith and 2 addy bars each. The rarer drop is 3 noted herbs. They also drop 40 rune arrows frequently too. Thdy have a 2k coin drop thats uncommon as well.

Currently on an abberrent spectre task. Their notable drops are...

Uncommon rune maces and the rare lava battlestaff. They drop 2 noted herbs each and it seems all herbs have an equal chance od dropping. The most notable drop i would say other than herbs are the uncommon 8 snapegrass. The 2 jangerberry might be ok for people making zam brews.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe I'll change my mind, but I think I'm going to mostly stop playing on my main in favor of a new ironman character. Part of it is just having challenges again - when you're nearly maxed, the goals you can set just aren't as exciting. Ironman mode is finally enough of an impetus to make me start a new character and get back to those challenges.

Grate_Scot.png

I ran a gargoyle task. Notable drops are...

Frequent emeralds and umcommon rubies. Rune longs and full helms are uncommon and legs are rarer. They drop 8 steel, 4 mith and 2 addy bars each. The rarer drop is 3 noted herbs. They also drop 40 rune arrows frequently too. Thdy have a 2k coin drop thats uncommon as well.

Currently on an abberrent spectre task. Their notable drops are...

Uncommon rune maces and the rare lava battlestaff. They drop 2 noted herbs each and it seems all herbs have an equal chance od dropping. The most notable drop i would say other than herbs are the uncommon 8 snapegrass. The 2 jangerberry might be ok for people making zam brews.

The noted herbs are such a pain now. Having to go through every drop looking for the herbs you want when before you could just take a herbicide along.  Unless you want to pick up guam to harrlander..

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

on the f2p side the ankou rework put them on the same gp/hr as roach soliders ~30% from coins ~30% from addy arrows rest a mix from yew logs, deaths, mith ore, mith chain, and mith 2h . Ankou give greater xp/hr so that is neat.

Dark beasts seem underwhelming in their drops. The noted herbs are high level and somewhat frequent, but are only 1-2. The notable drops are the 8-9k+ coins, rune chains and fulls that are good alchables. Tge uncommon 6 addy ore is nice too. Comaring this to the gargoyle and spectre drop tables i feel that the level 95 slayer creature needs more umph.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png