cant install runescape

Budwiser1241

Can you give us more details (i.e. screenshot) of the access denied message?

i got a ss but it wont let me paste it says extension is wrong? v.v how do i post ss got it saaved on desktop

I would recommend uploading it to imgur.  Once you have done that, click on it to get the raw image, then click the "image" icon in the toolbar at the top where you post and paste the link in that box.  Then click okay and the image should be embedded in your post.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

i got a ss but it wont let me paste it says extension is wrong? v.v how do i post ss got it saaved on desktop

I would recommend uploading it to imgur.  Once you have done that, click on it to get the raw image, then click the "image" icon in the toolbar at the top where you post and paste the link in that box.  Then click okay and the image should be embedded in your post.

not allowed to use image extension on this community tried png, jpeg, and bmp

not allowed to use image extension on this community tried png, jpeg, and bmp

HHkS7TP.png?1

Hmm, what's weird.  Unfortunately I'm not sure how to resolve it but hopefully someone knows.  You could also try downloading a fresh copy again, just in case it got corrupted or something.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If right-clicking it doesn't give you an option to run it as admin, have you tried running cmd as admin, navigating to the folder where the installer is, and running the .msi installer that way?

how do i do that been 4ever since i used msdos

You surely have either "Run" or a "Search" bar.

Type in "CMD" and right click the Dos program and choose operate as admin or Run in administrator mode or something.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Simple google search netted me this answer:

Once you got the CMD prompt running in administrator settings type out the following:

msiexec /i C:\\[insert path to file location]\RuneScape.msi

The path to the file location can easily be found. In the map where the file is located, click on the bar at the top, you might need to double click. The link you see here includes " C:\\ " , so you just need to add what comes after it. You then close it with a backward slash " \ " and then type in RuneScape.msi.

This should fix the problem. Otherwise there is another program that interferes with RuneScape.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Once you got the CMD prompt running in administrator settings type out the following:

The path to the file location can easily be found. In the map where the file is located, click on the bar at the top, you might need to double click. The link you see here includes " C:\\ " , so you just need to add what comes after it. You then close it with a backward slash " \ " and then type in RuneScape.msi.

This should fix the problem. Otherwise there is another program that interferes with RuneScape.

same thing as double clikcing the install file how do i figure out what is conflicting

Could you run the following in CMD? (MDOS or w/e you call it ;D)

SFC /Scannow

And post a picture of the result.

EDIT:

Also a tip: you can get notifications of this thread by checking the box next time you post.

I will send a mail to you whenever someone has posted here, so that means you can respond faster and so can we =3. It speeds up the process.

Account Help

same thing as double clikcing the install file how do i figure out what is conflicting

Could you run the following in CMD? (MDOS or w/e you call it ;D)

SFC /Scannow

And post a picture of the result.

EDIT:

Also a tip: you can get notifications of this thread by checking the box next time you post.

I will send a mail to you whenever someone has posted here, so that means you can respond faster and so can we =3. It speeds up the process.

no that command line dont work

It doesn't work to run the program, but it might fix some things related to the internal file system

Account Help