RuneScape Latin American Spanish servers get the axe

Arceus

Didn't they give a free month of p2p to anyone who ever used em?

Now that I check, I did get a free month on a P2P account.  W00T.  I don't think they would give it to all their free players though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

@People complaining Funorb is dead, honestly I'm shocked they haven't just built it into the lobby, then just play mingames from the lobby of RS.

• Like 1

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

@People complaining Funorb is dead, honestly I'm shocked they haven't just built it into the lobby, then just play mingames from the lobby of RS.

I'm guessing cross-server compatibility issues and lag are the main barriers.  To give you an example, they are currently unable to make the clan chat servers and the friends list servers talk to each other, which prevents hovering over someone's name in the clan list to see their previous name.  So hooking up RuneScape with FunOrb may be more trouble than it's worth...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

As a brazilian, I usually use the brazilian portuguese (pt_BR) worlds to play. Sometimes I log into an english world, but that's rare.

The pt_BR worlds are far from dead. The concurrent players is similar to what you get in most english worlds.

Now, I don't understand Jagex saying that the spanish worlds were not profitable. I don't know anything about their finances, or how their parterships for foreing language worlds work. What I can say is that the pt_BR option is here for some time now, and the subscription price you pay in brazilian currency is half the price you pay in other currencies. I mean, a month of membership costs R$10, and that's equivalent to £2.50. And they have to share some of the income with their local partners.

The Portuguese worlds are run completely by Jagex, whereas for the Latin American worlds they partnered up with Axeso5, which presumably gets a sizeable cut of the income.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Dutch worlds please

1k+ guaranteed x'D

The Portuguese worlds are run completely by Jagex, whereas for the Latin American worlds they partnered up with Axeso5, which presumably gets a sizeable cut of the income.

lol, ofcourse would not expect otherwise from Jagex anymore

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

The numbers of people on a particular world isn't what makes it profitable. What's profitable is NEW players signing up, paying for membership, spins, bonds, runecoins, whatever the latest micropayment currency is. By making Latin American/Spanish worlds Jagex hoped to reach a new demographic and it's clear that they have failed. What little people that were on those worlds were probably just existing players trying to find quieter skilling or monster hunting spots.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

And since most Dutch people of 13+ are able to understand English (or at least good enough to play runescape) I don't see the profit in Dutch worlds.

Source: I am Dutch

Also I honestly think that Dutch fantasy words look dumb in comparison to English fantasy words, although I like Dutch more than German (just look at Pokemon names >.>). So you won't see me using Dutch worlds.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!