10th Nov 2014 - Prifddinas - Lost City of the Elves - Part 2

Tim

Out of curiosity, do they have a way for people without 115 DG to redeem the motherlode shards they got prerelease, or was that scrapped?

Motherlode shards can only be redeemed with the elf outside the level 95 resource dungeon, regardless of whether you can use the maw or not.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Out of curiosity, do they have a way for people without 115 DG to redeem the motherlode shards they got prerelease, or was that scrapped?

Motherlode shards can only be redeemed with the elf outside the level 95 resource dungeon, regardless of whether you can use the maw or not.

Ah, cool. Thank you.

Its a peice of shit anyway. 10 shards for an off hand rune sword?!

Comp used to be without bullshit requirements, until the HLF "please make Comp more prestigous" fanboys had their way...

True that. God knows there are enough BS requirements bundled with the task system, I'm looking at you, temple trekking. I can kind of understand having all boss kills as a req too, but all of these elven titles seem like they would be more suited to trim reqs.

It's more frustrating because there was so much feedback saying they were too much after the first one, and the same has just been repeated again. 

So given you have a 5% chance of getting moss with a perfect farming juju, has anyone seen confirmation anywhere that those farmed that way count towards the 200. Because that will make it a heck of a lot faster!

Can anyone confirm that attuned crystal weapons degrade after doing 25k damage?

If so, they are totally useless for... everything

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

They are basically forcing the Trim playstyle onto regular Comp Capers. In the past, 95% of this shit would have been Trim only. Not cool.

Max capes fine too, I mean you gotta put in extra work for extra stuff

cL7Ao.jpg

rip

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

So apparently, they nerfed not only the rate at which you get Brawlers from Elves (and Elves pickpocketting in general), but they also nerfed the experience from brawlers.

They didn't even have the courtesy to mention it in the patch notes, a fairly significant update about a very valuable item many people had. Seriously, why? What's the point of patch notes if all the useful stuff is hidden and not mentioned?

Also there was no reason to nerf the experience from brawlers.

Mod Timbo can go choke on a bag of [bleep].

So apparently, they nerfed not only the rate at which you get Brawlers from Elves (and Elves pickpocketting in general), but they also nerfed the experience from brawlers.

They didn't even have the courtesy to mention it in the patch notes, a fairly significant update about a very valuable item many people had. Seriously, why? What's the point of patch notes if all the useful stuff is hidden and not mentioned?

Also there was no reason to chance the experience from brawlers.

Mod Timbo can go choke on a bag of [bleep].

I know it's a rhetorical question, but the answer is probably that they either don't want documented evidence of how bad the initial cluster-screw-up was or that they plan to address it somewhere more significantly than a minute line in patch notes.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Have any trim reqs at all been released with the city?

Nope, all new reqs are just normal.

edit: Misread your question; none with this batch, buying the ability for fero ring to tele to Morvran was from last batch.

Also for anyone who's gotten potion recipes from doing floors: what floor # / complexity / size?

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

edit: Misread your question; none with this batch, buying the ability for fero ring to tele to Morvran was from last batch.

Well that itself speaks volumes, it seems obvious to me there should have been about a 50-50 split.   Don't get me wrong I think some of them are perfectly reasonable and I look forward to trying all the content out (can't wait to get home from work currently). However it is clear that some of them are unreasonably grindy/RNG dependent. Why was it needed to both get the journals from the agility course and do 200 laps for example?

• Like 1

Well that itself speaks volumes, it seems obvious to me there should have been about a 50-50 split.   Don't get me wrong I think some of them are perfectly reasonable and I look forward to trying all the content out (can't wait to get home from work currently). However it is clear that some of them are unreasonably grindy/RNG dependent. Why was it needed to both get the journals from the agility course and do 200 laps for example?

Both are the same thing. 8 journals, 1 every 25 laps, 200 laps total.

Better than I imagined possible. Though there are some odd things here and there (like all the cutscenes for the agility course for example), this is one amazing update.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. Its still strange to set the 200 then though.

Should've been 250 to match agile legs/top but have fun with 250/8

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Livid farm is the garbage requisite for comp cape.

I can't believe you are going to [bleep] about 200 laps in pretty good agility course.

You won't be unlocking much at livid shit hole in that amount of time.

• Like 3

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol