Is the hunting skill useful at all outside its own skill?

Blaze The Movie Fan

I honestly don't see how the hunting skill can help with other skills.

As much as I hate the farming skill (and I do with a passion) I do acknowledge that you can grow strawberries and watermelons which are fruits you can't get any other way, and these are used in cooking to make summer pies. Doesn't mean I'll ever use that skill though because like I said I hate it, I buy the watermelons and strawberries I need from the grand exchange instead.

But with hunting, I have no idea how that skill can be useful with any other skill. Can someone fill me in? Is anything, ANYTHING AT ALL that you can only get via hunting which can be useful in other skills? Any help would be appreciated.

You can hunt for some ingredients used in summoning pouches, herblore ingredients for potions, etc.  Hunting salamanders or chinchompas can also earn you some decent money or be used as ranged ammo.  That's about all I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there's more.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Firstly about farming, herbs and potatoes (with tuna for example) are also nice ;)

About hunter, there are loads of items you can make that help with other skills, for example the strung rabbit foot, which can help with getting bird nests, capes to make you weight less. Yes these are items you only need to make once.

For the items which you can make more than once. You can catch imps which can teleport items, Kebbits bolts are nice (no clue though what the different between long kebbit bolts and normal kebbit bolts is now with EOC, seems strange not to have a difference). Also the things Arceus already said :) . And other stuff I haven't had the time to look into :P So yes there are a few things that are kind of rewarding, the higher level the more, though it is nothing compared to dungeoneering.

edit: I just saw that the runescape wiki has an entire section for it...

There are a number of items that can only be obtained by hunting:

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Firstly about farming, herbs and potatoes (with tuna for example) are also nice ;)

Yeah about that, I have no reason to train farming to get potatoes, since there is a whole field of potatoes near Ardougne, and I can get thousands of potatoes by picking them up there within a few hours.

And thanks again for the help, both of you. I appreciate that.

If I can get ingredients for potions, that's more than enough for me to think of hunting as a useful skill.

• Like 1