17th Nov 2014 - Treasure Trails Update & Community Tools

Tim

Treasure Trails Update & Community Tools

Treasure Trails get a refresh today, with 20 new trails, bigger hauls of loot at the end and all-new rewards.

There's also a Player Examine function allowing you to view details about other players (and control how much of your own can be seen), plus improvements to the Orb of Oculus.

Read on to find out more!

Treasure Trails
Members Only

First up, there are 20 new trails to test you - five on each level from Easy to Elite. The interface has been brought up to date, too, in line with today's style and function.

Reward rerolls can be earned by completing three trails of the same tier. If you don't like the reward you get, use a reroll from within the interface to get something else.
Note that rerolls are tier-specific, and that you'll only be able to hold one of each type at a time.

Rewards themselves are where the biggest change comes. You should find that - on average - the spoils of your efforts are richer than before, better reflecting the time spent.

There's a trove of new loot that you can get, too - some new to Treasure Trails, some completely new to RuneScape.

Full details of rewards can be seen on the wiki, but here are some highlights:

• Trimmed amulet of fury with 10% better stats than the regular version.
  • Effigies on Hard and Elite trails.
  • Explosive barrel: a combat-ready cape that causes one in three auto-attacks to set off a spectacular explosion.
  • Cosmetic capes: don a sack of effigies, or the profusely perforated backstab cape.
  • Fun weapons: suitcases and briefcases - in main and off-hand varieties.
  • Dyes to change the look of your level 90 weapons and armour.
  • Clue-skipping tickets allow you to automatically fulfil certain requirements of Hard clue scrolls.
  • Fallen stars: increasing in size with the trail's tier.

Player Examine

It's now possible to right-click on another player and select 'Examine' and view certain details about their character. This includes character name, clan, a personal message, cosmetic overrides and - if they allow it - certain details about their gear and skills.

You can control how much information is given out in your own Examine screen. Simply enter the Hero interface and click 'My Examine'. This will allow you to:

• Set a status, such as 'Away from Keyboard'.
  • Set a personal message.
  • Choose whether to prevent other players from viewing your worn gear, combat stats and skill levels. Note that this is not checked by default. If you would prefer to keep this information private, you must enter the interface and check the box.

If you're looking for a quick and easy way to introduce yourself, or have ever wondered how someone achieved an exceptionally awesome outfit, these tools are sure to come in handy.

Orb of Oculus Improvements

Our newly formed Community Development Team have made a number of improvements to the Orb of Oculus:

• Functionality has been improved, making the orb easier and simpler to use, but still as versatile as before.
  • The Aim, Focus and Fine modes have been removed.
  • You no longer need to wield the orb to use it.
  • The interface has been brought up to date.
The Orb of Oculus is more accessible than it's ever been, so give it a go if you fancy making your own RuneScape videos or taking spectacular screenshots. You can pick one up from Faruq in Al Kharid, or from Ophelia in any clan theatre.

Enjoy!

Have fun digging up Gielinor's hidden treasures, and give us your thoughts on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• A number of issues with XP gain from the Voice of Seren have now been fixed.
  • Weapon overrides can now be displayed over any weapon of the same combat style and wielding method (i.e. one hand or two hands). For example, a maul or halberd override such as the executioner axe could be displayed while wielding a two-handed sword.
  • YoungMinds is this week's featured Well of Goodwill charity. Ask them questions in our Tweetchat today, from 4pm GMT, using the hashtag #RSYM, on the topic of Anti-Bullying Week. Look out for a forum Q&A later this week, too.

[spoiler= Patch Notes]

• You will no longer get stuck in farming or fishing animation loops while performing actions.
  • The Motherlode Maw is now more likely to give potion recipes.
  • The 'of the Meilyr' title's requirement has been lowered from 200 to 50 harmony moss harvested. If you've already harvested more than 50 harmony moss, you'll unlock the title on their next harvest.
  • Auras will now appear in your bank rather than in your inventory after purchasing from Solomon's Store.
  • Fixed an issue with converting shadow cores if you have some in your backpack that you don't have the divination level to convert.
  • Preset bank note information will no longer go out of sync.
  • An issue with the juju hunter, fishing and scentless potions - which cancelled their effects - has been fixed.
  • The pillars in the Meilyr district now illuminate in the correct location when the Voice of Seren highlights the Meilyr clan.
  • The smuggler in Daemonheim will now offer you the option of having a selection of supplies - including feathers, anti-poison and rune essence - in place of your normal stack of coins when starting a dungeon.
  • Early Bird Bonus rewards have been removed for initial Broken Home quest completion. The quest can still be completed for additional rewards, including a weekly XP lamp.
  • You can now 'Check charges' on brawling gloves.
  • There is now a left-click option to take slime from the Ectofuntus slime pool.
  • Mining from divine locations will now show the crystal pickaxe if the player possesses one.
  • The chance to unlock the Prifddinian worker's outfit and the four Hefin emotes from the Hefin Agility Course has been significantly increased.
  • You will now stand at the correct position when playing an Ithell harp.
  • The "You are already playing a harp" message has been removed.
  • You will now always face inwards toward Lady Hefin when participating in the Serenity Post activity.
  • A lap counter has been added to the Hefin Agility Course. Mouse over the checkpoint section of the Velocity interface to see your total laps.
  • Clan vexillums can no longer be placed on the Hefin Agility Course.
  • Spicy stew is now actually spicy, when awarded from the Hefin Agility Course.
  • Fixed some tiles that were forcing players to walk North, to the South of the Crwys district bank chest.
  • The Motherlode Maw will no longer give strange rocks if the statue is already complete.
  • It is no longer possible to walk into the cliff in the Hefin district of Prifddinas.
  • Several graphical issues within Prifddinas have been fixed.
  • The achievement banner can now be read via right-clicking rather than left-clicking by default.
  • You can no longer select a group size of 50 for the Giant Mole.
  • You can now add a requirement of 10 minimum kills for Rise of the Six.
  • Court summon drops now have a loot beam.
  • Villagers in Canifis now have a smoother transition into werewolves, as they will not interrupt combat.
  • Area lighting now transitions smoothly when teleporting between areas.
  • Corridors in the Broken Home quest no longer appear black in OpenGL minimum and low detail modes.
  • An older death animation has been added when dying in Legacy Mode.
  • Replica plateskirts will now once again show up in the Wardrobe interface.
  • Messages about your harp being out of tune are no longer filtered by the chat window filter.
  • An altar icon has been added to the minimap and world map for the completed Prifddinas god statue.
  • A typo in Daffyd's dialogue has been corrected.

Popoto.~<3

According to the 'true world map' the only thing out there is the soul wars game itself, not the lobby. It's not instanced as only 1 game can go on at a time so you have to try that. See if you can get a game going.

According to the 'true world map' the only thing out there is the soul wars game itself, not the lobby. It's not instanced as only 1 game can go on at a time so you have to try that. See if you can get a game going.

Can't take non-combat items in to Soul Wars.

ozXHe7P.png

Have you tried in priff?

That does stick out slightly more westerly especially around the god statue.

Plus with the actually city not being where the actual crater is it could be off the edge there somewhere.

Only other more western area would be lunar isle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Have you tried in priff?

Plus with the actually city not being where the actual crater is it could be off the edge there somewhere.

Hope it's not in Priffiblablabla because I haven't done the quest yet. And Lunar Isle doesn't work, the clue points south when there.

ozXHe7P.png

After all these years, I think I can declare a small moral victory, and maybe people won't accuse me of being a bot if I don't reply to their incessant questions after two seconds.  For today:

YWhmJOB.png

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

inb4 'away from keyboard' status becomes synonymous with bots trying to pretend to not be bots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bots wouldn't bother - they would probably set stuff to private too :P.

Also I really like how we get to choose a custom examine message after all! Report system should be able to handle anyone abusing it and this way it's a lovely feature for the rest of us.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Pretty much every Anagram clue relating to an NPC is bugged.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Hope treasure trails is worth it!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Got an elite that is pointing further beyond west than I can go.

Amazing.

Soul wars?

It spins at Soul Wars.

Like this?

cUnnu.jpg

Rip in peace.

Have you tried in priff?

Technically I guess, unless the scanner limits itself to the "real" map only...it could be anywhere in this region (south of Lunar)?

Priff sounds possible, there's a ton of blank space there for it to have been added in that area.

752cb632566a8114dfaa291e868c9525.png

That or...the whole thing is bugged and the scanner is just wrong.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I wonder why it doesn't like your name :c.  Have you had problems with trying to write it on forums as well?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png