What skills to train next?

Meranek

Hey everyone!
So I'm trying to get all of the Player Owned Ports skills taken care of, and I'm not sure which to train next. I've got three options, and enough bonus XP in all of them to reach the desired levels:

-90 Smithing/90 Mining - Superheating Gold Bars at LRC
-90 Crafting/90 Prayer - Killing Dragons, noting d'hides, burying Bones w/ Dragon Ammy
-90 Hunter - Protean Traps at Jadinkos

I'm DIY'ing each of these, so no Exchange or player trades. I would love to get all of these by the end of the year, but I need 13k d'hides for 90 Crafting alone, so I doubt that will happen. Does anyone have better methods for getting these levels? Also, which should I pick? 90 Crafting seems more useful, and I'd also unlock the Missionary. But 90 Smithing also seems like a good choice since they're talking about releasing a Mining-themed adventurer, if I remember right. 90 Hunter is last on my list, I think. I don't the the Scales or Pearls from that storyline, and 90 Hunter doesn't help with creating any of the rewards.

Thanks for any help!

tl;dr: Which of the three should I train? Anyone have any better methods than what I listed? I play DIY, so no Exchange or trades.

user1-light.png

I'm assuming you're excluding warbands from your DIY methods :P.  I guess I'd try for mining and smithing, knock out those two at a time.  Are you doing your own porters to help with banking too?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yes, I have a few porters for banking d'hides, but I'll mainly be using Notepaper. I won't be banking at all for Mining/Smithing. I'll just take enough runes for 1 - 2k Superheats at a time until I get bored training it. :D

I'd like to look into Warbands, but not right now. I've tried twice before, and I got slaughtered. Don't want to put in the time with so much other stuff to do~

user1-light.png

If what I've heard is right, you just read their rules, join their FC, and try very hard not to piss anyone off  :-w .  But good luck with whatever you decide :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I actually went in this order:  Crafting, smithing, mining, prayer, and hunter.  The loom is a good option for crafting if you're part of a clan, use the clan citadel. You can always use the evil chicken's lair in Zanaris if you are able to get there, that's bones and hides so that knocks prayer and crafting out. Plus the bank isn't too far off so you really wouldn't need notepaper.  For mining, I'd just do LRC cavern until you can mine seren stone, set your action bar up with whatever you're mining and you can just hold the key down and drop all ores in like 2 seconds. Smithing, well I'd advise using the corrupt ore from seren stones for xp, 150xp each ore and the ore stacks. Good luck to ya!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Get hunter over with ASAP, it's the fastest skill and all you need is your traps.

Do you have the enhanced yaktwee stick (from 1k charm sprites)? +5% hunter bonus right there.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention