Heart of Stone - Elder Gods Quest

Miss Lioness

A 4 day event that ran when most people would be traveling or spending time with their family, not on a computer.  I'm thankful for Jagex logic.

You mean the Jagex logic of running a small Thanksgiving event on Thanksgiving weekend?

The evil masterminds! What's next? Christmas at christmas!

Besides it's not like most people would be doing anything given that Runescape's European playerbase is as big as, if not bigger than the US one. Then throw in the other continents and US, the only country to celebrate thanksgiving, is not 'most' people.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Canada has it too but theirs is a month back :P.  And hey it's only an hour if that to find all the turkeys.  If you didn't have time, there's always the next event :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Besides it's not like most people would be doing anything given that Runescape's European playerbase is as big as, if not bigger than the US one. Then throw in the other continents and US, the only country to celebrate thanksgiving, is not 'most' people.

Which just means that they ran a US Thanksgiving event almost exclusively for European players. That still has a fairly obvious issue, I think.

are you seriously that broken up about it? you do know that every year the event hands out all thankgiving rewards that have ever existed, ever, so even if you miss one, you'll never lose out forever

i forget if that includes the cornucopia but that's a regular drop on birds anyway

8f14270694.jpg

are you seriously that broken up about it? you do know that every year the event hands out all thankgiving rewards that have ever existed, ever, so even if you miss one, you'll never lose out forever

i forget if that includes the cornucopia but that's a regular drop on birds anyway

Nope, no cornucopia, but it's a rare drop all year long so it's okay I guess :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I didn't care enough about the event to do it (and it doesn't really make sense for an English studio to do even that much for a strictly American holiday), just felt that it's kind of silly to bring up Europe's player population to justify scheduling an event only US players will care about (Unless our trans-Atlantic cousins want another food holiday?) during a time when most US players won't be playing. sFwNzfq.gif

Would be cool to have them do just a generic Gielinor-flavored harvest holiday sometime in the fall, if anything.

I wasn't bringing it up to justify who cares. I was bringing it up to highlight the fact it was factually in correct to claim that most players would be busy on the weekend that only 1 country has an actually holiday one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not really.

Regardless of who or who does not celebrate the holiday it remains a fact that most players would not be busy on that particular weekend. Meaning the majority of players were perfectly well able to access the content if they so wished.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Thanksgiving is a joke on runescape anyway. I never really enjoyed a thanksgiving event... But I am just glad they don't put to much development time in it. imo they shouldn't put that much time in halloween, christmas and easter as well, or make the stuff not temporary.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

True but at least this Halloween gave a permanent repeatable quest.  It is P2P <.<, but it's a start.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

^true, although I love quests I didn't really like that one (was just incomplete, but we already had that discussion :P ). But indeed it is a start. I am not sure if they will continue it though...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!