Question about killing mithril dragons.

Blaze The Movie Fan

I am about to kill mithril dragons for the very first time.

Possibly weeks or over a month from now, but I'll use this thread in the future as reference.

Anyway I'm thinking about killing mithril dragons the same way I kill steel dragons. With the following inventory:

5000 Air runes

5000 Fire runes (since I will most likely have 95 magic by then, if not I'm going with earth runes)

20 Lobsters

Antifire potion

While using mystic robe, wand of treachery and antidragon shield

Please tell me that's enough to kill at least one a trip.

I don't care if I kill less than five per trip. Being able to kill at least one a trip is more than enough for me, thank you.

You probably want to go with earth runes anyway, since they're weak to earth spells and not fire.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Earth spells, yup, plus if you can afford one, dragonfire shield instead of a antifire shield. Good luck to ya!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

It's tradeable: link.  The charged version is untradeable though, if that's what you were thinking of?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You will probably want to upgrade into better armour first. Mystic robes are only level 30 nowadays. That's like using mithril equipment when using melee style. Very bad really.

Here's some suggestions:

Batwing armour, level 50 def, very cheap

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Batwing_robes

Skeletal armour, level 50 def, power armour (meaning it boosts your damage)

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Skeletal_armour

and last but not least, the Subjugation armour which requires 70 def, is power armour and doesnt even degrade. Costs around 16 million for full set though.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Subjugation_armor

• Like 2

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

You will probably want to upgrade into better armour first. Mystic robes are only level 30 nowadays. That's like using mithril equipment when using melee style. Very bad really.

Here's some suggestions:

Batwing armour, level 50 def, very cheap

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Batwing_robes

Skeletal armour, level 50 def, power armour (meaning it boosts your damage)

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Skeletal_armour

and last but not least, the Subjugation armour which requires 70 def, is power armour and doesnt even degrade. Costs around 16 million for full set though.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Subjugation_armor

Well, as long as an armor doesn't degrade, I'm more than happy to buy it.

I will in fact buy the Subjugation armor somewhere in the future, though I will buy one piece of it at a time since that's what I usually do. So thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it.

And I don't mind the high price. If it's good it's worth buying.

But anyway, my main question about fighting mithril dragons as of now is is using prayer potions absolutely necessary? I wanna use fight them with just 20 lobsters, antifire potions, 5000 air runes and 5000 earth runes in my inventory, I hope that's enough to be able to kill at least one per trip.

The reason I'm bringing up prayer potions is because the RuneScape wiki mentions it. And I wanna avoid using them because antifire potions are already very expensive as it is.

Maybe I'm reading RS Wiki wrong but they don't seem to mention prayer potions under the magic section, just under the other combat methods.  I'd go try it with the dragonfire shield and see how much damage you take with or without prayer to check if prayer potions are necessary, unless there's more info somewhere else.  If they hit too hard without prayer, you can always try again without prayer or try killing something else :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Will buy Subj. Won't buy prayer pots.

Longterm investment vs short term investment. The robes will improve survivability where the potions will just extend trip length, which has already been notified as not an issue.

On that note I wouldn't say prayer potions are necessary

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Thanks again for the help guys.

I know I say this every time, but it is worth saying since I am thankful for any help I get.

If I need any further help, I'll go back to this thread.

As of now, I'm not posting here again until after I go after the mithril dragons and if and only if I need help with something.