What overloads to make

baileydafrog

I have all potions unlocked except regular overload salve. In general when I slay I use overloads and prayer renewals regardless of ease of task. As I am about to run out of overload flasks, which is the go to potions to make now? Is it also better to do 2 types, 1 for drags and 1 for regular?

thanks all

baileydafrog.png

I only found 4 of the new potions worthwhile to make...

Supreme overload- replaces normal overloads (and essentially costs you nothing).

Brightfire potion- combines super antifire and prayer renewal for dragons (since you are using both, anyway). And you get 2 free doses of super antifire...

Replenishment potion- combines adrenaline and super restore potions. Inv space+ free adr doses.

Perfect plus- don't have to bother thinking about all the perfect jujus and it lasts soo freaking long.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'd go with supreme overloads for sure.

The cost to upgrade overloads into them is pretty cheap (especially for how much herby xp you get) so there's no reason to not maximise that boost.

From there you can then also chuck in the anti-fire etc for supreme overload salves to be used for dragons etc, again at very limited cost increase and a gr8 inventory space saver.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would personally stick with holy overloads, and supreme overloads.

Supreme costs 30% more than regular overloads, and give you a very minor boost... I only use these when doing 5man vorago or nex solo/duos

Holy overloads however, cost only the crystal flask to make, and you get 2 free doses of overload and renewal.

Additionally, for making any overloads, or over load ingredients (extreme potions), also super sara brews if you do that, USE A PORTABLE WELL

Portable wells have a chance to give you a free potion when you make. Made 1500 overloads on the last bxp weekend, and I ended up with at least 2000 thanks to the well (saving extremes, and overload)

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I would personally stick with holy overloads, and supreme overloads.

Supreme costs 30% more than regular overloads, and give you a very minor boost... I only use these when doing 5man vorago or nex solo/duos

Holy overloads however, cost only the crystal flask to make, and you get 2 free doses of overload and renewal.

Additionally, for making any overloads, or over load ingredients (extreme potions), also super sara brews if you do that, USE A PORTABLE WELL

Portable wells have a chance to give you a free potion when you make. Made 1500 overloads on the last bxp weekend, and I ended up with at least 2000 thanks to the well (saving extremes, and overload)

supreme overload is cheaper per dose than a regular overload, definitely not 30% more

14840 for supreme flask dose

15658 for overload potion dose

16302 for overload flask dose

5-10% cheaper to upgrade them

baileydafrog.png

The fact that you gain 2 additional doses of ANY potion involved when making combination potions already make them very worthwhile to make.

Supreme overload salves in particular save a crapton of potions you'd need to make/buy, including overload and super antifire. Replenishment potions as well if you use adrenaline potions (does the 2 min cooldown still apply?).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

2 minute cooldown does apply to replenishment potions, as with adrenalin potion.

Is the cool down between the two shared? I assume it is but I can dream

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

In my opinion the 2 levels from supreme isn't worth the hassle for tasks now that levels barely mean anything compared to the inventory space/click saved with just holy compared to supreme+renewal unless you want to add in the ppot and antipoison doses with supreme salve.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

KBD

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting