01-Dec-14: Christmas Event

BloodAngel

the damn thing's stayed at 20-40 forever

meanwhile, due to jagex not playtesting their ideas, people are camping near the tree with full snakes to prevent more snakes from spawning

It's at 40-60% now...which means it'll probably be 100% at some stage early early Friday morning ...

howlin1eeveesig.png

For those who don't know yet

This is something a jagex mod said. 

"Hi all, 

Just a little note to say that once a day you can talk to one of the Christmas NPCs in North Burthorpe (next to the snow machine) to receive 750 pieces of enchanted snow if you are a member and 250 if you are free to play.

Hope this helps,"

Also you get snow every 5 minutes of skilling/monster killing. Which mean you can only get 4-8k of snow per day (8k when doing the doubled activities). I guess I don't care anymore and just continue doing stuff I would normally do and just see what I will get, like I did at halloween...

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm just going to skill as normal and see what I get.  I'm not going to exhaust myself trying to get more snow :P.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm just going to skill as normal and see what I get.  I'm not going to exhaust myself trying to get more snow :P.

It is a shame they don't give snow for doing quests... as that is what I am doing a lot with this new ironman account of mine...

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It is a shame they don't give snow for doing quests... as that is what I am doing a lot with this new ironman account of mine...

But quests give you keys and--oh wait, never mind!

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The big cracker is just dumb Jagex needs to stop over estimating the amount of active players they have and on top of that takes into consideration how will actually do the event itself.

Also thought this was cool:

50,000x glowing crackers
37,500x loot beams
15,000x Buddy pets

3,750x rubber turkeys or off-hand rubber turkeys (randomly chosen between the two items)
750x Christmas scythes

Runner up prize of a big glowing lamp

------------------------------------------

Each 

present

acts as an entry into the 

daily raffles

that are going on during the promotional period. Simply open your present to find out what you've won. The daily draws have the following prizes:

12,500x loot beams
5,000x Buddy pets

1,250x rubber turkeys or off-hand rubber turkeys (randomly chosen between the two items)
250x Christmas scythes

Runner up prize of a glowing lamp

So the Scythes look to be rare as hell, I'm just hoping for the loot beam/buddy 

Also the glowing cracker = a chance of the wreath or something so that will be even more.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

So you list two sets of rewards there: the second are the prizes awarded from the present raffle, and the first from what, rewards when the big cracker is pulled?  Just a little confused.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

oh, so the reason why you have to wait a day is because the snow acts like raffle tickets, and they're just using that to disguise that they're selling raffle tickets in treasure hunter, and it's even WORSE because it's not whole tickets, they're putting FRACTIONS of tickets on there

and that somehow this still isn't gambling because you get lamps or something?????????

hmmmm *sideeyesideeyesideeye*

btw, they said that you're supposed to get double snow from killing this week to the 9th, and skilling next week to the 16th, so maybe kill more this week instead of trying to skill for it

don't forget to get your THREE FOURTHS OF A TICKET from burthrope each day

8f14270694.jpg

Average snow from killing monsters - 240 per hour. (Max is 300).

Average snow for 24 hours - 5760. (Max is 7200).

Free - 750 (for members)

So you can make almost 8 balls a day ... with 50 balls limitation. No matter how I look at it it's just ... blaaaargh.

Of course I assume most of us have to sleep ...

Free - 750 (for members)

So you can make almost 8 balls a day ... with 50 balls limitation. No matter how I look at it it's just ... blaaaargh.

Wow you play for 24 hours straight?

with these numbers the average person will make between 1-2 a day. I guess they are at least getting one entry....

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

I've been skilling since this came out last night (aside from sleep of course), and I now have enough snow for one snowball.  Kids, there is a moral to this story: don't sleep during these promotions!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

So how do we know when the cracker is nearly 100%, it is now 60-80%, so it probably will be 80-100% soon... But that is a rather big timeframe...

Retired item crew

Free - 750 (for members)

isn't the whole point of 50 balls max so you can save up all your snowballs and throw them at 1 thing, much like the raffle tickets? you don't need to use them on a certain day

baileydafrog.png

So how do we know when the cracker is nearly 100%, it is now 60-80%, so it probably will be 80-100% soon... But that is a rather big timeframe...

It changes percent bracket between ~1am-9am in the morning (GMT). So it's 60-80% now it'll be 80-100% tomorrow and 100% Saturday morning

howlin1eeveesig.png

Wake up at 4am my time for a giant cracker pull?

Challenge..ZZZZzzz...

Not going to do that lol, also I read somewhere on the runescape forums that they will have a special event with extra cracker pulling with jmods or something like that so that more people have the opportunity to get the rewards.

Retired item crew

The cracker really seems like a bad mechanic. When they first announced it I was hoping it would be happening on a regular basis, like a few times a day. but with how many people need to participate I don't think many will get to pull it.... :-(

• Like 2

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

It should really just be...

...after the goal of 250k is reached, the cracker pulling becomes permanent, so anyone can pull and claim rewards at any time.

That way no one will miss out assuming the goal is reached :)

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention