Maul of Omens Override

Blutters

I've seen a picture now of this apparently in-game (held, outside equipment screen).

I'm guessing that means it's possible to get now? I'd heard you had to do multiple different rotations at Hard-Mode Vorago and maul all of them.

Firstly, could someone clarify/correct any of the above?

Secondly, if I just woke up and decided I wanted to learn Vorago one day, what gear would I need to be accepted into a team, and are there even any teams that accept the public that do Hard-Mode?

I'm virtually clueless about Vorago, admittedly, but I'll do just about anything for an override like that.

I'm maxed in virtually all levels that should matter (don't mind my RS name on here lol) and have level 90 Magic gear (Nox Staff, Tectonic) already.

460px-Maul_of_Omens.png

2dgucz6.png

According to RS Wiki, once the final rotation of Vorago has been released, the cosmetic override will be obtainable by mauling all Hard Mode rotations as you were saying above.  So it's a quite reasonable hypothesis that this happened recently and it is now available.

I don't know about armor for actually fighting it, but I'm guessing T90 armor would be a necessity, either the Ports version of otherwise.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

First off, if you don't know anything about Vorago, there's no way you can get a hardmode kill without paying 300m+ (PER KILL) for the leech. Secondly, the new rotation comes out NEXT week, so the maul override isn't available yet. And Finally, JMODS currently have access to the Maul of Omens (and for quite some time), so that is where the picture comes from.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Very cool looks!

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Lol well I certainly already knew I wasn't going to be starting out on Hard Mode :P My question was more if there are any Hard Mode teams that take from the public.

And thanks for that confirmation; I assumed it was a player seeing how random it seems (but a different kind of random from J-Mods!).

2dgucz6.png

I can't say I have ever seen "public" hardmode teams that don't require you to pay (basically Defeater selling services). But if you decide to get into Vorago, you could probably get a group of people together.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Here's the way hardmode works if you don't want to buy a title.

1.  Start doing Vorago.  A lot of Vorago.

2.  Learn every role, and as you do so, make friends.

3.  Start doing all your Vorago trips with the same 5 or 6 people.

4.  One of these people will know another person who does Vorago, who always does Vorago with the same 5 or 6 people.

5.  Merge your two teams to do Hardmode.

6.  You'll make something called a 'Maul List.'  I recommend a 'zipper' style, so you'll have one from your team, one from the other team alternating.  Because you have to maul all rotations for the override, just flip over your maul list every time you run through it.

7.  Do a bunch of hardmode.  You will fail something like 50-75% of attempts.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Or just have a team you trust.  lol

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

It has absolutely nothing to do with trust. It's a retarded mechanic. I don't question for a second that my permanent team would ever scam me (never), they would stick with it for as long as needed. The point is though we shouldn't have to do this. Everyone who is present at P9 when Vorago dies should get the title, period. Having to get one kill per person is idiotic. We all have better things to do with our time.

It has absolutely nothing to do with trust. It's a retarded mechanic. I don't question for a second that my permanent team would ever scam me (never), they would stick with it for as long as needed. The point is though we shouldn't have to do this. Everyone who is present at P9 when Vorago dies should get the title, period. Having to get one kill per person is idiotic. We all have better things to do with our time.

and being able to do 15 titles in one kill is dumb too, imo

Well once I get decent at normal Vorago let me go with your "permanent team" ... :P

Can anyone comment on gear needed??

2dgucz6.png

and being able to do 15 titles in one kill is dumb too, imo

There's absolutely no justification for why despite taking a whole team to accomplish the task, only one person gets the title. Did the Mauler contribute far and beyond the efforts of everyone on the team? Of course not. The effort is more or less equal (not counter Bomb Tank).

It's one of silliest forms of artificial difficulty and time wasting there is. "Well, if we actually reward everyone for their efforts, then everyone might actually get what they deserve, but then that's way too many people getting what they deserve, so we had better restrict it to one title per kill!" Such unassailable logic!

Not more difficult perhaps, but being able to accomplish every role on the team at one time or another implies a certain level of proficiency rather than just killing it in one role over and over again.  It does seem that they could give a title to a bunch of people for one kill though...perhaps the two or three "greatest" contributors by some ranking, if not the whole team.  But oh well, what do I know.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Although I consider the above discussion to have its legitimacy, I have to say I personally don't care much as to the time artificially wasted while trying to get this override.

Since it's unlikely that there will be a reversal to make this task easier to complete, the override itself will be fairly rare (lending a prestige component) in addition to aesthetically appealing (my main reason, although I see it's debatable :P).

I think maybe we're forgetting this is Vorago we're talking about, and the actual monetary gain could be significant while undertaking this challenge.

What I will end up getting pissed about is if there's virtually no realistic way I can get this due to shortage of teams or rampant elitism within the few teams that do go on a normal basis.

Which is why, I ask yet again, what else might I need, gear- and item-wise, to be accepted? I probably have everything short of a Completionist Cape that they could want already, anyway.

2dgucz6.png

Comp Cape is not a requirement to get onto Rago Teams. Seismics are the main requirement, though depending on the team they'd let you on with Ascensions as well. Everything aside from that is not optional and is just common sense. Like, Overloads for instance. 95 Prayer, Power Armour and so on. Yak/Unicorn. There are often people who don't have those things and they do fine, but that's what the typical Ragoer has. For example the somewhat well-known PvM'er M1n1 has 45 defence, so obviously he uses Void or whatever, and doesn't Tectonic.

As for making money, you'll make money learning how to Rago, but you won't make much money on Hard Mode Attempts since the number of people for Hard Mode means your splits will be dramatically lower (as will your success rate).

Staff if fine. However, seismics are better because if for some reason one of your tanks lags out or whatever, you can step up and perform that role.

As far as gear goes, it is super simple. Replace ranged with mage.

bead8e33ce.png  +  7cd72a8f0c.png

I'm still new at Vorago (only 300 kills), and I wouldn't want to do hardmode. I don't see why everyone is so anxious to do this all of a sudden to get an override that is almost never used.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Superior seasingers and chaotic staff 4 lyfe.

It's honestly more about knowing Vorago mechanics than about actual gear (though you do splash quite a bit with cstaff lol). Same can be said with any boss in the game, really.

Cba with hard mode mauling tho lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Superior seasingers and chaotic staff 4 lyfe.

It's honestly more about knowing Vorago mechanics than about actual gear (though you do splash quite a bit with cstaff lol). Same can be said with any boss in the game, really.

Cba with hard mode mauling tho lol.

Right it's not that you actually need elite gear for Vorago, well normal Vorago anyways. But if you intend to get good at it and especially do lots of hard mode, then you certainly need good gear. Aside from that, the gear is mostly a "part of the uniform", it's a way of getting onto teams that aren't complete shit.