Snowverload & Dominion Tower Rumble Mode

Howlin0001

Snowverload & Dominion Tower Rumble Mode

Love a big boss battle? This is the week for you.

We've opened up Dominion Tower's new Rumble Mode, where you'll fight packs of bosses all at once - either solo or with friends - and seek glory on the scoreboards by surviving as long as possible. We've added a swathe of fiendish bosses to the tower as a whole, too, and beefed up many of the rewards.

We've also unleashed the ice-cold wrath of Snowverload - a frosty boss for the festive season.

Read on to find out more.

Dominion Tower

Requirements:

RuneScape membership
Combat level 110+
Completed at least 20 selected combat quests

Rumble Mode

Rumble Mode is a new way to do battle in the Dominion Tower, accessible by clicking the stairs in the tower's lobby and selecting it from the interface. You can create a new Rumble Mode instance, or join an existing one - although note that it

is possible to set entry requirements and a pass number when creating a game.

The aim is simply to survive - as long as you can - against a brutal, never-ending onslaught of bosses. You'll do this while contending with random events - swarms of evil chickens, tornadoes, wizards, and sheets of flame from the Sunfreet.

There are four special power-ups for the mode, too:

• Booster orb: doubles Dominion Factor gain for the user for 30 seconds.
  • Vigorous orb: grants infinite adrenaline to the user for 30 seconds.
  • Healing orb: heals all players' life points and prayer points by 50% of maximum.
  • Volatile orb: imparts a random effect. More likely to be beneficial than not, but risky nonetheless.

Rumble Mode can be played solo or with up to five players. The cap on bosses increases the more players are involved in the battle - up to ten for a four or five-player instance.

When a player dies, they are removed and can only watch in spectator mode, but note that this does not decrease the cap on bosses for the instance. It's in your interest to keep your teammates alive!

Dominion_Tower_Face.jpg

New Bosses

12 new boss encounters have been added to the tower, which are accessible in Climber, Endurance and Rumble Modes, then in Freestyle once they're defeated in one of those.

Note that the quests they're related to now count towards the Dominion Tower's entry requirements:

• Apep and Heru (Diamond in the Rough)
  • Vanstrom (The Branches of Darkmeyer)
  • Char (The Firemakers’ Curse)
  • Dawn (Death of Chivalry)
  • Khazard and allies (Ritual of the Mahjarrat)
  • Zemouregal and Enakhra (The World Wakes)
  • Yelps (The Mighty Fall)
  • Lol (The Mighty Fall)
  • Chaos Grimmson and Hreidmar (Birthright of the Dwarves)
  • Echo of Jas (One of a Kind)
  • Dragon Hunters (One of a Kind)
  • Nial Swiftfling (Glorious Memories)

Rewards

Dreadnips can now have their combat styles switched - just right-click them to make the change. They're better at finding their targets, too.

Dominion Markers now grant you increased combat stats and - from tier 2 up - a prayer bonus when planted.

There's also a new upgrade tier for the Dominion Medallion, meaning better stats, more teleports to the tower, and a style-universal accuracy buff. Rack up 1800 kills in Rumble Mode to unlock it. Please note that the double kill counts for unlocks bonus that's active this weekend will not work for unlocking this new item tier.

Snowverload - Christmas Boss

Free players and members

A bulbous shape is forming in the winter gloom; wicked cackles drifting on the frigid breeze. Snowverload - the player-named seasonal boss - is here, and he's ready to put you on ice!

This frosty monstrosity will manifest at the same time as every second Wilderness Warband, and can appear just north of Falador, in the Varrock Grand Exchange, south of the Clan Camp, or near Draynor Village.

Snowverload is impervious to regular attacks. The only way to weaken him is to take snow from his body (right click on him to do this), and equip the snowballs you receive and pelt him with them.

Dodge his deadly attacks and keep up your snowy onslaught and he'll gradually reduce in size. Once he's been sufficiently weakened, he'll start to move from his original spot.

Once this happens, it's up to you to lure him to the Lumbridge Crater, where the most festive of heroes will step in to vanquish Snowverload…until he returns.

Everyone who contributes to taking down Snowverload will receive two festive paper, and will be able to deliver a second present that day.

Have Fun!

Have a brilliant week of boss bashing and look out for more festive cheer to come. If you haven't already, read about Winter Weekends - particularly the Minigames Weekends that starts on the 12th, featuring Dominion Tower bonuses.

Enjoy, and join in the discussion on the forums.

Mod Chris L, Mod Wilson and the RuneScape Team

In Other News

The much-requested Replica Barrow Armour retro overrides are now in stock at Solomon's General Store.

Read the patch notes for other updates released today.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical

• The branches of the yew tree next to Lumbridge Church no longer clip through the walls
  • The gravedigger top now has arms when keepsaked
  • A house has been added to the minimap in Ashdale
  • Players no longer render invisibly if a player looks through certain parts of a willow tree
  • Fixed some flickering on a window in the Varrock sword shop
  • Added a transportation icon on the world and minimap for balloon transportation near Varrock's lumber yard
  • Fixed an issue with drawers clipping through a wall in Brimhaven
  • Several Varrock emblems have been updated
  • Suak the Dwarf in the Artisans' Workshop no longer floats above the ground
  • An out-of-place water source icon on the minimap at the northern Lumbridge chicken farm has been moved
  • The chain links on the anchor near the entrance to the Heist minigame are now fully visible
  • Removed an unneeded tree from the Meilyr area of Prifddinas
  • Removed some trees from the Cadarn area of Prifddinas
  • The buildings in Lumbridge no longer has green walls or pink roofs, and the wigwams at Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza are no longer blue in low detail
  • Dropping certain items around energy rifts will no longer cause them to float
  • Some minor clipping issues in Underground Pass have been corrected

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

• The camera is now fixed in cutscene mode until the end of the Hefin Agility Course
  • A typo on the D&D tracker entry for Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza has been fixed
  • The icons used on the Rune Goldberg Machine have been changed to be more identifiable for colour-blind players
  • A particularly skilled penguin spy who could hide in a blocked area of Isafdar now spawns in a more suitable location
  • Treasure Hunter item tooltips no longer display over the rewards screen

Quests, Challenges and Achievements

• The Plague's End boss music no longer plays when music volume is muted
  • The combat level for the toughest opponent in the Witch's House quest journal has been corrected
  • Prevented players from being able to walk around certain swampy sections of Underground Pass
  • Players can now complete a certain god emissary task meant for Varrock square by planting their flag / lighting a bonfire south of the Christmas tree
  • Players will no longer receive daily challenges for combination potions they have not unlocked

Other

• The camera no longer resets to face north when performing various actions across the game
  • When delivering tinsel snakes, players with a low Summoning level are now asked if they want to claim the Summoning XP
  • Players can now decant 5 & 6 dose flasks back to 4 dose potions via Teplin
  • A message now displays in the chatbox when receiving an expensive drop with the Christmas loot beam effect active
  • The click zone on the crystal resting animation has been reduced
  • Lady Ithell now has a bank PIN on the crystal seed storage
  • Extended the bank's healing effect in the Tower of Voices and Max Guild of Prifddinas
  • All 'of the (clan name)' titles will now appear in the correct clan colours
  • Soft clay mined in the Ithell area of Prifddinas will now respawn at the same rate as normal clay
  • Dyed noxious weapon special attacks will now work correctly in PvM and PvP
  • Panning trays no longer stall damage
  • It is no longer possible to cast certain abilities faster than normal with manual spell casting enabled
  • Crystal pickaxes and hatchets will now protect on death correctly
  • A swamp toad by the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been washed ashore
  • Implings are no longer able to find their way up the cliffsides at Shantay Pass
  • Players will no longer disconnect when trying to switch keepsaked boots in the Stronghold of Security
  • The price checker will now display the price of multiple items correctly in Ironman Mode
  • Fixed a few issues with songs playing in the wrong locations around RuneScape
  • Made various miscellaneous audio improvements, such as tweaking water sounds from some fountains and rivers, and updating the God Wars Dungeon music tracks
  • The gemstone golem and rune ethereal outfits can now be retrieved from Diango if they are keepsaked

Ninja fixes

• Players can now find out how many anagogic orts they have collected today via a right-click option on them
  • The left-click option on the charming imp is now 'Wear' as opposed to 'Talk-to'
  • The Robin Hood hat has been tweaked for male characters to sit better on the head
  • The growth stages for oak and willow trees in Farming patches has been graphically updated
  • Presets can now be loaded while an aura is active
  • Starting horns and racing boots have been removed from the game to stop gambling
  • Players will no longer see achievement banner text from a player on their ignore list
  • Several abilities and spells will no longer cause the player to stand still when attempting to move at the same time, causing the player to appear like they're running faster to catch up

Engine

• The snow effect in the console has been re-enabled
  • An issue with bloom in OpenGL being offset when using a resized game view has been fixed
  • An animation movement issue in HTML5 has been fixed

Edited by Miss Lioness
  • Like 1

howlin1eeveesig.png

I guess there has been a hidden update as well? I got Sparkles from collecting tinsel snakes in varrock...

I was just going to mention that. I now have two Sparkles in my house.

howlin1eeveesig.png

So where is this snowman, is there some friendchat or something where I can see where it is? Because I also heard he only spawns only once per 14 hours...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

so u cant take items from yak in rumble..... and you cant use dominion weaps.....

oh and boss kills from rumble dont actually count to any rewards besides title and medalion

and tok xil is glitchy, need a pick still.

who bug tested this.

• Like 2

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

One of four locations: "just north of Falador, in the Varrock Grand Exchange, south of the Clan Camp, or near Draynor Village."  I'm not sure of an FC but that seems like it might be helpful, or going to one of the worlds and hopping a few times if it happens to be instanced.  What time is second warbands anyway?  16:00 GMT?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

survivor unlocked.

Shields are your friends here at least until yak is debugged and you can actually take food from it again.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

One of four locations: "just north of Falador, in the Varrock Grand Exchange, south of the Clan Camp, or near Draynor Village."  I'm not sure of an FC but that seems like it might be helpful, or going to one of the worlds and hopping a few times if it happens to be instanced.  What time is second warbands anyway?  16:00 GMT?

Warbands run every 7 hours, so the snowman runs every 14 hours:

0000 (0700) 1400 (2100) 0400 (1100) 1800

(0100) 0800 (1500) 2200 (0500) 1200 (1900)

0200 (0900) 1600 (2300) 0600 (1300) 2000

(0300) 1000 (1700) 0000...

Is the warband time cycle, so every other one one would snowverload

EDIT: And its been confirmed on twitter 11pm gmt is one, so looks like our time cycle for it goes

Day 1:

9am

11pm

Day 2:

1pm

Day 3:

3am

5pm

Day 4:

7am

9pm

Day 5:

11am

Day 6:

1am

3pm

Day 7:

5am

7pm

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

so u cant take items from yak in rumble..... and you cant use dominion weaps.....

oh and boss kills from rumble dont actually count to any rewards besides title and medalion

who bug tested this.

More like who gave the coders time to do these things in the first place -- they clearly weren't given enough.

hzvjpwS.gif

who bug tested this.

More like who gave the coders time to do these things in the first place -- they clearly weren't given enough.

Jagex must be an example of how the "efficiency vs quality" effect is crossing over into other places of work. I never thought I would see this happen to a place of work were half the work is trying to survive sitting in a chair for extended periods of time. Pretty soon we'll see anonymous ravings of jagex staff who don't get bathroom breaks or tea time!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Take turns to tank? Sounds boring as hell doing that for 45 minutes.

Anyways, unlocked a new toy:

UrZ1UYy.png

Can we get a picture from the other angle? I want to see how the handle looks.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Ok that is not so bad. I kind of expected them to dull down the "awesomeness" efffect on a seasonal, but its relatively nice. I would have liked a longer scythe head, but that's ok.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Take turns to tank? Sounds boring as hell doing that for 45 minutes.

Not even that. All you have to do is just kill bosses until you get 10 melee ones and then run around until they line up so that only one can attack the tank at once (one person provokes all 10). Pretty damn boring but it's a one time thing so w/e. You need to pay some attention for the specials though, Sunfreet's fireball special almost wrecked a couple of us in that pic.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.