Snowverload & Dominion Tower Rumble Mode

Howlin0001

It didn't spawn in any F2P worlds.  Are you kidding me Jagex?

Oi! That's it, Mod Chris L and Mod Wilson are getting COAL in their stocking this year!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That boss is a complete cluster[bleep] anyway, you're not really missing out.

• Like 2

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

buying spellcheck

dmQ2a.png

• Like 2

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

After 18 minutes and 128 kills, Delrith ended my duo run with a 1hko.

Artificial difficulty? Never...

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I didn't think it was possible for an update to be worse than skillchompas this year. But, then this showed up.

Dominion Tower Rumble is absolutely awful. The dominion factor is the worst rate in tower. The spawning system is suffering via killing anything low ends up instant spawning something else that is most likely Nomad LOL. Just ends up being kill the new spawn every time. The title is completely cheese-able if you just don't kill anything ever once you get a low level grouping. I don't even think they can ever hit you if you get the group low enough or just use a blocker/tooth creature.

The Snowperson Boss is like Sheep Herder or that April Fools cabbage kicking thing way back, but more stupid and longer. Ohh and you have to miss Warbands to do it. The exp isn't comparable to any method unless you're hitting sub 20 minutes. W48 took half an hour.

I guess the patch notes were okay.

After 18 minutes and 128 kills, Delrith ended my duo run with a 1hko.

Artificial difficulty? Never...

I'm a bit worried about how it'll affect climber/endurance runs as well. A lot of their newer bosses are like that, where even the easy ones have mechanics that can waste time/supplies solely because of bad design. It's relatively under control in the quests where you just have to fight them once, but I'd hate to have to deal with them if they put Ruler of the Tower up for grabs again; that's already one of the most pointlessly tedious titles in the game to get and i say this as a huge Tower of God fan who will probably go for it anyway

Was gonna go for Ruler of the Tower, should have done it way before this update lol. Meanwhile, anyone who's clearly the 20 easiest quests is going to have a jolly jaunt right to the top, without any sort of penalty. Well-balanced.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I didn't think it was possible for an update to be worse than skillchompas this year. But, then this showed up.

Dominion Tower Rumble is absolutely awful. The dominion factor is the worst rate in tower. The spawning system is suffering via killing anything low ends up instant spawning something else that is most likely Nomad LOL. Just ends up being kill the new spawn every time. The title is completely cheese-able if you just don't kill anything ever once you get a low level grouping. I don't even think they can ever hit you if you get the group low enough or just use a blocker/tooth creature.

The Snowperson Boss is like Sheep Herder or that April Fools cabbage kicking thing way back, but more stupid and longer. Ohh and you have to miss Warbands to do it. The exp isn't comparable to any method unless you're hitting sub 20 minutes. W48 took half an hour.

I wasn't active when skillchompa's were released. What is so bad about them?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

5-man rumble is arguably the best rate of dom factor in the tower.

What are you even talking about lol?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I take it that they're time-consuming to hunt down and not really all that useful >.<.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Snowverload is members-only now.  Also it spawned an hour early today and will probably keep doing that as not to interfere with warbands.  (Though, protip: if you go on inactive worlds you can sometimes still find Snowverload; World 115 for example didn't finish him off until an hour and fifty minutes after he had spawned.)

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I take it that they're time-consuming to hunt down and not really all that useful >.<.

I quite enjoy them for the exp and money, I get about 220k exp per hour without effort, which nets me about 800-900k coins. :)

I quite enjoy them for the exp and money, I get about 220k exp per hour without effort, which nets me about 800-900k coins. :)

Not bad, I guess it could have been worse.  Like Treasure Hunter promotion worse :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Also World 103 just finished off their Snowverload, so these things don't seem to despawn.

EDIT: Some people are claiming that it might spawn every 3 hours with Guthixian Caches now.

EDIT2: Confirmed (as of 30 mins ago when it spawned); Snowverload goes by Guthixian Caches now, not Warbands.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Honestly lol, Dominion Tower Rumble Mode is probably the best way to earn factor, provided you have a solid team of 5. I would even say it's overpowered.

People seem to forget that for every boss you kill, your factor increases at an exponential rate. Sure, it may seem crappy for the first 50 kills or so, but once you rack into the hundreds, expect your factor to rack into the hundred thousands. You just need to make sure to focus on the World Wakes/One of a Kind bosses first, as they can stun and have adrenaline. 5 people on Nomad/Pest Queen makes it go down really quickly. You only need to damage a boss once for it to go into your boss count.

Random events occur every 4 minutes or so, and an orb will spawn every 2 minutes or so. Make sure you know what to do during all 4 randoms (kill the 4 wizards, kill all evil chickens, dodge the Armadyl tornadoes, and dodge Sunfreet's fireballs).

Of course this is if you're wanting to farm kills and/or factor in Rumble, 5-man seems to be the way to go.

Also, for some reason, wyrmfire and/or salves do not work against Elvarg. You have to use super antifires.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention