They Wrote History

FooK-A-Ji

We all have our opinions and we all favour a certain person, but off the top of my head and without any favoritism (I hope) I will try to jot down the names of people who in my eyes, are a part of RS history, and who in my eyes halped to mold RS, these people were the first, followed by many people who were just as talented, and perhaps more dedicated. the post has no particular meaning, its just late here and i want to write something.

just because the name is here doesnt mean youre expected to know of the person.

im not going to write the "best" people in skills, but the people who changed something in RS other than just being the best.

Kibble = now bluerose might have been the first rune smith, but she was far from being able to mine rune at the time Rune was introduced. This man singlehandedly *examined* every rock multiple times before discovering it at the red spiders in the wilderness. He changed RS by showing miners how rich one could become, now look how many level 84+ miners there are.

Twy = the most crazy miner EVER. Why? He had 83 mining 4 months after RS was introduced, this was way b4 anyone even uttered the word "rune", suddenly the game wasn't about skill levelling for a reason, but merely for having a high skill.

Everdred = The first EVER to reach a 99 skill, even before you could see how much EXP you had and when you would get your next level. He changed the way everyone looked at things, as no one knew what the max level was or if it continued to eternity, his 99 woodcutting motivated skillers worldwide to step their game up and play more.

bluerose13x = those of us who played side by side bluerose will swear to god that she owned runescape at a point, and not andrew, she definitely owned the fates of thousands of players. why ? we all know

Vee = [Caution: Hack-Scam Site] was a reality, virtually undetectable and ÃÆÃâÃâüber smart, it changed many honest players look on things, and converted many over to the dark side of cheating, since than cheating has flourished, and many amatuer programs infest runescape players harddrives. This man didn't even play RS.

Dark Archer9, Wolf, janneperkele , jannesniper = these people and several others forced Andrew to make Lumby a safe zone, as they would spend the day killing all who spawned.

X Scorpion X = this man caused riots, he scammed hundreds of people in various ways, his escapades caused a worldwide alertness of scammers, and we all bonded a little on the official forums against scammers, making RS one of the internets most anti-scam games.

Paki4ever = Nobody could understand how a level 62 could kill a level 80 (level 80 was Sexy Razor). The answer? He put the "strength" in "strength newbies". This man pretty much invented pure pkers and strength noobs, and you can all say what you want, but paki4ever, sir korgan, and Master Razor will still be the first pures.

Danny1880 = invented catching, later explaining that catching is a bug exploit never removed.

Kobiianardo = the role model to all early rangers, 88 ranged after the first few months of RS , the 2nd runner up (robin hood2) being only level 74 ranged.

Leza = maker of Rs Trivia, the greatest and best organized entertainment organization to grave Runescape . Her efforts spawned hundreds of other associations dedicated to entertainment on Rs. I have personally made many dear friends from Rs Trivia, including leza, her name still echoes in the memories of many players I know this.

Sunjon, and a few others I cannot remember = Invented duping.

*All who played in the months prior to the Wilderness release* = There was a vote cast on the official website if we wanted a place such as the wilderness for pking, or if we still should pk where we used to (everywhere except lumby or near guards, banks were full of em).

All who voted "yes" that week helped write history. (I voted no)

Thats it for now folks :)

wow, that's really interesting. i wasn't here for the first few years, now i know what it was like. lol everywhere wildy...utter chaos...they should make 1 server like that =p

In the VERY beginning everywhere was wildy yes, but you have to bear in mind that you could only attack someone either 3 levels lower or 3 levels higher than you.

You also had the option to choose to start out as "non-pk" or "pk". You could than switch 2 times after that.

wow, that's really interesting. i wasn't here for the first few years, now i know what it was like. lol everywhere wildy...utter chaos...they should make 1 server like that =p

:shock: That would be hawt.

I started playing about a month after the bunny ear whatever drop.... I miss RSC, the dueling was SO much better in some aspects. *eyes water with happy tears*

loldruidym0.jpg

:shock: That would be hawt.

I started playing about a month after the bunny ear whatever drop.... I miss RSC, the dueling was SO much better in some aspects. *eyes water with happy tears*

The grass is always greener on the other side, just months after the wildy was released i polled the forums, most wanted the old version of pking back, most of these people had voted for the new version (wilderness) before.

good details of history

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Nice post. Level 99 without any visible Xp must be crazy, you'd have no idea after hours and hours when you'd get it. :o

Hehe I was also 87 woodcutting when EXP was finally visible hehe :)

But before that I asked Everdred how he knew, he didn't, but he cut 4k trees a day, thats all he could tell lol.

IMO all should know his name, as 99 is the level we all dream of, and he reached the dream level first 8)

first and greatest merchanter?

No such thing as the first merchanter, we are all merchants in theory.

But the greatest at the time would be Stud690, with a whopping 800.000 gp in personal fortune. This isn't a joke, you could compare him to Duke Freedom now I suppose.

Other notable merchant is McTavish, he made it trendy to become a merchant, after him people started becoming merchants by trade, not by necessity. McTavish is the real groundbreaker, though technically Stud beat him to the title, yet Stud never was one to mention stuff.

Fook!! ..yea..hi.

Thank you for this post. It answered some of the questions burning in the back of my mind :D

I think musashi should be in there somewhere though... HE changed the rune market around quite a bit after bluerose played with it..

But, its your list, not mine.

35b9enp.jpg

Paki4ever = Nobody could understand how a level 62 could kill a level 80 (level 80 was Sexy Razor). The answer? He put the "strength" in "strength newbies". This man pretty much invented pure pkers and strength noobs, and you can all say what you want, but paki4ever, sir korgan, and Master Razor will still be the first pures.

nice to know theres a brown guy in there :D

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

I'd like to add one person to this list.

Kryptix. He changed PK-ing in a great way, he tought many people on Runscapecentral to catch, and he has gone to the auto side later, but for me he was a revolution in classic.

Blick too, she/he showed that a big team can make you stronger then you in fact are.

signature4s.jpg

I'd like to add one person to this list.

Kryptix. He changed PK-ing in a great way, he tought many people on Runscapecentral to catch, and he has gone to the auto side later, but for me he was a revolution in classic.

Blick too, she/he showed that a big team can make you stronger then you in fact are.

But they learned off other people, you have to remember that.

Kryptix is a later version of Danny1880, Blick and his team was a late version of B.O.S, a clan you can read about in the Clan forums here, I've made a post similar to this. :D

What happened to bluerose13x? I quit for a while back on RSC and joined again when RS2 came out. And i do remember it being SixFeetUnder who created the big dupe..

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

• 2 weeks later...
sory for the newbie question, but whos bluerose13x, and why did she own runescape?

She was the first person to 99 smithing and overall a nice person. She didn't flood the market with rune items like kites, 2h's or baxes like the ones to come after her. She helped you with your smithing needs no matter how small the item.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

max333, zar family 2 and any of those other big name pkers from a few years back

they were always training and beating the hell out of each other, it was fun to watch and it probably inspired a lot of people to train so they could compete in the wildy too

edit.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."