Help for Medium Level QBD fight?

dnlchong

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/c=1Pizrgobfiw/compare?user1=Thugzook

^me

Anyways, I need some help for QBD to brandish my royal crossbow. What combat style should I use? I have BGS and bandos for melee, royal dragonhide and sagaie (should I switch to arma cbow?), and SoL with gano for magic

I also need to know if the ruby bolt (e) effect works in EoC, as it would be a big help. 7200 damage when it procs is pretty major. My clanmates say diamond bolts (e) would work better, but what do you guys think?

I suggest going in Ahrim's with Dragonfire shield (magic) with Wand of Treachery (or Abyssal wand, it's better but costs more)

Since you don't have super antifires, you want to be using dragonfire shield.

Get a Super Def potion and a Super Magic, a couple prayer potions so that you can use protect from ranged and whichever best magic prayers you can use, fill up the rest of your inventory with the best food you can get and fill up the best Beast of Burden you can get with food, too.

I would really suggest getting 8 more Summoning levels to at least have war tortoise so you can store a lot more food.

Start first phase by standing to the left of the artifact in the middle, kill first phase that way (best to stand there because then you can more easily reach the holes in the fire walls, no matter where they are; if the hole is in the middle then you don't have to move at all.)

Actually, for all phases you want to be standing in that spot, for the same reason (easier to avoid fire walls.)

Tag the artifact, then from now on when she spawns tormented souls:

Phase 2: run through the tormented soul after it spawned, while it's saying its line. Timing might take a bit of practice to get well, but if you don't mess up too much you should be able to recover from it by eating and still have enough food for the rest.

Phase 3: same deal, except two of them spawn. Run through the one that speaks (usually the one on the left)

Phase 4: same, except four of them spawn around you in a square. I'm not 100% sure how to handle that one, but I think it's the same deal, you run diagonally through the one that speaks (usually the bottom-left one.)

During phase 4, positioning might be a bit complicated, sometimes you seem like you're standing in the right spot when the QBD does her super fire attack and you try to brandish the RCB, but it doesn't actually forge it properly and you have to try again several times. If you die right after managing to get it forged though, it doesn't matter and you can just recover everything from your gravestone and the crossbow should remain forged.

• Like 1