It's not just Runescape!

Alg

I've been playing Warframe, a(n ostensibly) free action MMO with a lot of the trappings of the genre. The latest update included an event that ran from the 19th of December to just a few minutes ago, where you got points toward the rewards for playing through special missions. On the other hand, if the community as a whole didn't perform well enough for those missions, they lost whatever hub that mission was running on. I'm sure you can already see the problem here, but let me continue.

The rewards were at 3 (cosmetic weapon skins), 10 (unique weapon mods), and 15 points (a straight upgrade to the default gun), and you were limited to two every day or so at most (barring Christmas, for obvious reasons). The rest... well, I'll let some cherrypicked comments from their forums say the rest.

[spoiler=There are quite a few, so:]

i just got back from holiday, if i start today will i be able to get 15 points for the imperator vandal?

Probably not, you're out of luck, like everybody else that was actually enjoying the holidays afk (at least there has been zero communication to state the contrary).

yeah, kinda sad.
But what can i do.
Really hope DE will make next event more casual player friendly.
@ marelooke, thanks mate, atleast i can get the mods.

I'm at 10/15 at the moment.  I've run every single fomorian I was able to, save for the current one. 

For the first time since the Braton Vandal, I'll have a hole in my inventory that I can probably never fill.  When I met Steve at PAX East 2013, I asked him if the staff would ever consider making the Braton Vandal reavailable at any point in the future; he responded that they likely wouldn't, at the risk of annoying dedicated players.

I've played this game since closed beta, and happily purchased founder's and several prime access packs. 

I love this game.  I love the people I play it with. 

I am a dedicated player.  I am annoyed.

I would like, at the least, some feedback on the issues people have with the way this event turned out.  It is now effectively over, and the only staff responses I've seen are "topic moved to proper forum" posts.  The only reason people are posting in alternative forums is because they are looking for some way to get a comment on their issues, which they haven't seen in the proper channels. 

Please, tell us something.

Yeah, for me it's the first time since Gradivus that I'm forced to miss out on the final reward (and the mod pack even, since there is only one fomorian up now, which will make me end at 9...). usually even if you only have limited time to play you can just grind through the event in one or a few days. This time, by artificially limiting how fast you can complete the event (and making sure that you can *never* catch up once you get behind) they are effectively telling people that cannot just play every single day to sod off. I am seriously dissapointed.

Would be great if like all the balors had one last final push for the last day of the event and the remaining relays are attacked by balors, that should be enough to boost most people into getting the mods, granted we may lose the rest of our relays...

^This

or at least extend the event by a week, pls DE we had holydays and were busy with familystuff :)

14/15. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

None on Christmas day, and only one at the end when there should have been time for two.

Had christmas and new year's eve with family and friends, grinded when it was possible. (14/15)

Why not extend this opereration for a couple more days?

I'm sure nobody will mind.

Come on DE, please.

With the amount of people complaining about it over the amount of people who like this event... I think your argument would win.

Multiple reasons why this event went wrong were mainly around the timing of it and how much time was left after holidays... anyone who was off during then had no way of managing all 15. 20 were released which was more than 15, but most of it was during holidays sadly.

And because not sourcing them is a pretty terrible thing to do:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/369665-update-1580/page-14

Really though, swap out some of the names and they look a lot like us.

So what point are you trying to make? What do you want to discuss? I am a bit clueless to that. Do you mean that runescape is not the only game with these kinds of holiday events? That is nothing new, just look at mobile games, which are much much worse at holiday events.

• Like 1

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

So what point are you trying to make? What do you want to discuss? I am a bit clueless to that. Do you mean that runescape is not the only game with these kinds of holiday events? That is nothing new, just look at mobile games, which are much much worse at holiday events.

It's more that the thread looks exactly like one of ours. I just found it amusing.

• Like 1

I've been playing Warframe, a(n ostensibly) free action MMO with a lot of the trappings of the genre. The latest update included an event that ran from the 19th of December to just a few minutes ago, where you got points toward the rewards for playing through special missions. On the other hand, if the community as a whole didn't perform well enough for those missions, they lost whatever hub that mission was running on. I'm sure you can already see the problem here, but let me continue.

The rewards were at 3 (cosmetic weapon skins), 10 (unique weapon mods), and 15 points (a straight upgrade to the default gun), and you were limited to two every day or so at most (barring Christmas, for obvious reasons). The rest... well, I'll let some cherrypicked comments from their forums say the rest.

[spoiler=There are quite a few, so:]

i just got back from holiday, if i start today will i be able to get 15 points for the imperator vandal?

Probably not, you're out of luck, like everybody else that was actually enjoying the holidays afk (at least there has been zero communication to state the contrary).

yeah, kinda sad.

But what can i do.

Really hope DE will make next event more casual player friendly.

@ marelooke, thanks mate, atleast i can get the mods.

I'm at 10/15 at the moment.  I've run every single fomorian I was able to, save for the current one. 

For the first time since the Braton Vandal, I'll have a hole in my inventory that I can probably never fill.  When I met Steve at PAX East 2013, I asked him if the staff would ever consider making the Braton Vandal reavailable at any point in the future; he responded that they likely wouldn't, at the risk of annoying dedicated players.

I've played this game since closed beta, and happily purchased founder's and several prime access packs. 

I love this game.  I love the people I play it with. 

I am a dedicated player.  I am annoyed.

I would like, at the least, some feedback on the issues people have with the way this event turned out.  It is now effectively over, and the only staff responses I've seen are "topic moved to proper forum" posts.  The only reason people are posting in alternative forums is because they are looking for some way to get a comment on their issues, which they haven't seen in the proper channels. 

Please, tell us something.

Yeah, for me it's the first time since Gradivus that I'm forced to miss out on the final reward (and the mod pack even, since there is only one fomorian up now, which will make me end at 9...). usually even if you only have limited time to play you can just grind through the event in one or a few days. This time, by artificially limiting how fast you can complete the event (and making sure that you can *never* catch up once you get behind) they are effectively telling people that cannot just play every single day to sod off. I am seriously dissapointed.

Would be great if like all the balors had one last final push for the last day of the event and the remaining relays are attacked by balors, that should be enough to boost most people into getting the mods, granted we may lose the rest of our relays...

^This

or at least extend the event by a week, pls DE we had holydays and were busy with familystuff :)

14/15. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

None on Christmas day, and only one at the end when there should have been time for two.

Had christmas and new year's eve with family and friends, grinded when it was possible. (14/15)

Why not extend this opereration for a couple more days?

I'm sure nobody will mind.

Come on DE, please.

With the amount of people complaining about it over the amount of people who like this event... I think your argument would win.

Multiple reasons why this event went wrong were mainly around the timing of it and how much time was left after holidays... anyone who was off during then had no way of managing all 15. 20 were released which was more than 15, but most of it was during holidays sadly.

And because not sourcing them is a pretty terrible thing to do:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/369665-update-1580/page-14

Really though, swap out some of the names and they look a lot like us.

Please quit and come play Firefall with me instead.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It's more that the thread looks exactly like one of ours. I just found it amusing.

Unacceptable. Discuss or gtfo.

It does look like our threads though, lol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge