Funorb has a new game, 10 years after inception

Arceus

screen1.jpg?1

I found out about this from another forum a bit ago. It's a shooter type thing, called 'Confined.' Where did it come from?

Confined goes back a long way. Ben's first four games at Jagex were, in this order, Crazy Crystals, Confined, Escape Vector and Deko Bloko. All these games began development in 2004. When we later defined the FunOrb identity itself, we found that these early games all needed achievements adding, menu layout and operation tweaked, and a makeover from our new dedicated FunOrb graphics team before they could go out into the world. Crazy Crystals, Escape Vector and Deko Bloko all received this treatment in quick succession and were released on 7 May, 3 June and 22 October 2008 respectively. Ben then had to move on to other projects, and sadly Confined had to be left behind.

However, Ben was at Jagex the whole time and never forgot about it. He spent the last month or two of 2011 feverishly tying up all its loose ends, balancing the game, polishing up the look of the menus, creating the instructions pages, and designing a tantalising array of achievements. He was then busy for the next three years, but he found time at home in the evenings to draw the achievement icons. Finally, at the end of 2014, he found some more time to put together the website elements for the game and tried to launch it without anyone noticing. But a kindred spirit noticed his renegade activities, and it was agreed that if he could also update the Java certificates on all the other games at the same time, then he would have all the support he needed to get Confined out there. And here we are, launched - ten years after inception!

Has anyone checked this out? I think I will later on!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

@Arceus, you need to check your image reference link.  I can't see the image you've linked to without some serious 'link-fu', because of the "?1" on the end. :geek:

Other than that, I'm glad to know FunOrb isn't completely dead, even though the lack of holiday events and P2P/F2P imbalance for 'Steel Sentinels' and 'Arcanists' caused me to give up on visiting.  Unfortunately, I can't say as I feel much like trying to sink my mental teeth into this newly-emerged item right now, due to a whole host of things both online and offline. :(

~D. V. "I couldn't have seen this coming." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Weird, it works on one skin, but not the other? O.O

Edit: thanks Devnull, now I totally broke it <.<.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Surprised Funorb is still alive. Checked in on it a few months ago only to find that they hadn't updated their site certificates, which made it unplayable.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

According to the FAQ, which I admittedly skimmed, he [the JMod who made this game] fixed all those up.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

WOW WHAT COULD THIS MEAN????

Nothing. Considering this actually came out a month or two ago. Just no one noticed... or cared.

It's okay, I tried it a couple weeks ago. Better than most flash games. Garbage compared to some of their stronger works like, Sumoblitz.

Not bad for a pet project, though.

• 2 weeks later...

all I remember from that site is killing zezimas dungeon in some game I can't remember the name of.

Oh and that worms clone was ok as well

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

all I remember from that site is killing zezimas dungeon in some game I can't remember the name of.

Oh and that worms clone was ok as well

Dungeon Assault, I did too.

Arcanists was amazing probably better than actual worms games. Just had a stupid Jagex logic system with Prestige that completely ruined it for me.

Arcanists has a lot of potential I hope it actually gets a reboot. The rest of Funorb can go die for all I care.