Double XP Weekend - GameBlast15 - February 20th

Bxpprod

RuneScape's next Double XP Weekend is running from 12:00 UTC on 20th February to 12:00 UTC on 23rd February!

Tying in with GameBlast15 - the charity gaming marathon weekend run by the fantastic SpecialEffect - Double XP Weekend gives you an extra reason to log on and get involved. Whether you're raising money with your own RuneScape marathon or just getting in game to show your support, you can be sure of some awesome XP gains.

Like last year, we'll be running an epic 24-hour charity live stream and opening the Well of Goodwill for donations, and the community will be bursting with events, competitions and things to do.

GameBlast15 is a way to make a real difference, and have a whole load of fun while you're at it. Look out for news on how you can participate, watch and donate closer to the time.

Until then, start planning how you'll make the most of that double XP!

The RuneScape Team

Mad here

In before "they said  no more" and "RIP economy"

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Wondering if ironman won't get double XP. I hope so, and the poll won in my favour (for only a little bit). But they seem to somehow forget that they have this ironman mode with updates... in before ironman will get bonus XP but it will get fixed in a day and all people will be mad about it.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I am probably going to do the same thing i did last bxp, have work and not be able to play.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I am probably going to do the same thing i did last bxp, have work and not be able to play.

~~~legoman187~~~

This will be the 2nd in the last 3 where I am out of town on vacation during the weekend.  Not really too bothered to be fair... Instead of being in -40C at home ill be in +30c in the deserts of California.....  I will be home for part of the weekend though so can do a bit of herblore.  

peever142.png

Feels a tad bit soon since the last one but ok.

I have even prepped a bond(s) ready for the donation thing lol. >.< I remember it was unexpected last time or something. They should have advance notice for any charity thing as everyone was busy xp grinding and probably didnt even notice the announcement.. but hey-ho thats jagex for you.

Tbh I think its more fair if jagex stuck to a date for these weekends and announced it 3 months in advance. There may be issues resulting from doing that but its really more fair for players to plan ahead (In regards to real life.) and I would guess it would increase their players online at any single moment. As it stands its annoying for me to both factor it in my scedule but equally I have to go to my partner and explain to her... "yeh btw.. that weekend thing.. Yeh its back again.. At so and so date." >.> Then shes all like... "oh.. ok, wont see you much then.. Its ok have fun" And im all like.. "No.. Yeh.. We just skype and such." Be so much easier for everyone involved if I could just note it down in both our calenders and then we both know. Fortunately it doesnt clash with anything either.

I think there may have been even more community backlash/train-wreck if they announced it earlier as previous...promotions, for lack of a better word, were still going on/wrapping up.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

eBbpj.png

ily jagex

• Like 2

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Feels a tad bit soon since the last one but ok.

I have even prepped a bond(s) ready for the donation thing lol. >.< I remember it was unexpected last time or something. They should have advance notice for any charity thing as everyone was busy xp grinding and probably didnt even notice the announcement.. but hey-ho thats jagex for you.

Tbh I think its more fair if jagex stuck to a date for these weekends and announced it 3 months in advance. There may be issues resulting from doing that but its really more fair for players to plan ahead (In regards to real life.) and I would guess it would increase their players online at any single moment. As it stands its annoying for me to both factor it in my scedule but equally I have to go to my partner and explain to her... "yeh btw.. that weekend thing.. Yeh its back again.. At so and so date." >.> Then shes all like... "oh.. ok, wont see you much then.. Its ok have fun" And im all like.. "No.. Yeh.. We just skype and such." Be so much easier for everyone involved if I could just note it down in both our calenders and then we both know. Fortunately it doesnt clash with anything either.

Announcing it 3 months before it happens will not have the same big effect it has on players as it has now. These events are only here because it brings back players (and thus cash). I dislike these kinds events because they make me dislike the games themselves, because it makes it seem like it is work "I have to do it". Especially mobile games learned me that I should stop caring about these events. Though I still do them I stopped caring about them if I fail to do so. In your case I would just enjoy your time with your partner, maybe spend a bit more time on runescape than normally but don't let it hurt your relationship, runescape (or any other game) isn't worth that. Keep it healthy :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Seems like prayer got hit by the no xp bonuses again.

I'll be rcing this weekend. Really want 120 rc asap.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Not really worth adding to the IRL vs [any hobby] argument, I think most people know their limits and the like. Anyways, IDK if I'll be able to get much time in, that's my "on" weekend @ work, so that + gf will likely take a chunk. But even if I'm around, not entirely sure I'll get a lot done. Prices (shockingly) are already crazy, don't have enough charms to make a real dent in 200m, so that's a little upsetting. Anyways, at this point time atleast, it's all about making money off the BXP hype, and having BXPW banked already:-

eCteL.jpg

That, or:-

eCtuN.jpg

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I'm astonished how little I care about xp now that I'm maxed.

Well, aside from dailyineering of course

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm astonished how little I care about xp now that I'm maxed.

Well, aside from dailyineering of course

I'm astonished at how little I care now that I'm almost to 92 base. It seems as though hitting base 90s was a bigger milestone for me than hitting 99s.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Not really worth adding to the IRL vs [any hobby] argument, I think most people know their limits and the like. Anyways, IDK if I'll be able to get much time in, that's my "on" weekend @ work, so that + gf will likely take a chunk. But even if I'm around, not entirely sure I'll get a lot done. Prices (shockingly) are already crazy, don't have enough charms to make a real dent in 200m, so that's a little upsetting. Anyways, at this point time atleast, it's all about making money off the BXP hype, and having BXPW banked already:-

eCteL.jpg

eCtuN.jpg

What boots are those?

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

eCteL.jpg

eCtuN.jpg

What boots are those?

I think those are Prif musician boots, purely there for cosmetic purposes I assume.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think those are Prif musician boots, purely there for cosmetic purposes I assume.

Does BXP not have Silverhawks, or...? :twss:

hes too poor for feathers :^)

aQJHi.png            FzOVaNc.gif                   hxvcqezxxhmyo7acdylb.gif