Ports - Guardians of the World

Bxpprod

The Memory: "The fading memory of a long-dead race". Wasn't Guthix that race? regardless of ascension.

Guthix isn't really a Naragi anymore, just as Saradomin is no longer really a human.

Regardless if life status, she is a fading memory of a long dead race, yes.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The Memory: "The fading memory of a long-dead race". Wasn't Guthix that race? regardless of ascension.

Guthix isn't really a Naragi anymore, just as Saradomin is no longer really a human.

I think the basic idea with that line of thought was if Guthix was a member then the race was really only less than 1 year dead gamewise. Although since he wasn't really Naragi since ascending then yes she is.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Bandos called himself the last member of a long dead race... Though he technically wasn't a member of the race anymore.

Lets stop this.. head hurt!

How do you get the things to make the weapons? Are they trade goods, or adventurer missions?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Tsuba and kaseki are drops from the Cross Guard and Fossil Hunter voyages. You can potentially roll them in your standard voyages after you reach 6,000,000 distance.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They are also (apparently) rewards from the first and second trio missions for the new adventurers.

Had my first successful clue mission today. Just as I reported earlier, if you want to be efficient, you need to tell the adventurer in the bar which island they should check(there is a left click option). The island is told by the map table (otherwise it will check a random island, ie 1/5 chance even when the voyage itself is 100%). There are a total of 24 clue voyages (4 each for 6 adventurers).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Players can now use the 'Join' feature via their Clan Chat and Friends Chat interfaces.

Laziness prevails once more. Handy though.

All who don't look for convenience are lazy. :)

nice might just buy a bond and get atleast ports running again for a few pvp goodies^^

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

So... How long do people think it will take to max out all the port stuff again? Assuming you were already maxed pre-update.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Most people have at least 50% of the resources. I had everything, but 4k steel for the bar, 9k azure for the workshop and the 25k azure for the portal. I would suspect it taking a month to get all scrolls. Honestly with reward enhancers and adventure rerolls you could do it fairly quickly.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So I should replace all 4 of my telescopes with map tables?

Well, back to farming cherrywood and jade again lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You can potentially roll them in your standard voyages after you reach 6,000,000 distance.

Anybody even had this yet? I haven't and I have two accounts with max distance.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Yay, more ports stuff! Though I was hoping to finish what was there before the new set got released and didn't quite make it, I came fairly close.

I think the basic idea with that line of thought was if Guthix was a member then the race was really only less than 1 year dead gamewise. Although since he wasn't really Naragi since ascending then yes she is.

I would argue that a race could be considered effectively dead even if it has living members, if it doesn't have enough to reproduce and sustain a viable population, which was certainly the case here.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Yay, more ports stuff! Though I was hoping to finish what was there before the new set got released and didn't quite make it, I came fairly close.

I would argue that a race could be considered effectively dead even if it has living members, if it doesn't have enough to reproduce and sustain a viable population, which was certainly the case here.

Very true but it is irrelevant to the description of The Memory when it is a 100% stated lore fact of the game that a being ceases to be its origin race when it becomes a god. Armadyl isn't an aviansie, Sradomin is not a human. Zamorak is not a mahjaratt. Brassica is not a cabbage. Marimbo is not an ape and Guthix was not an Naragi.

So Guthix was the last living Naragi since Aagi died before he ascended, but he ceased to be a Naragi many thousands of years ago.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Very true but it is irrelevant to the description of The Memory when it is a 100% stated lore fact of the game that a being ceases to be its origin race when it becomes a god. Armadyl isn't an aviansie, Sradomin is not a human. Zamorak is not a mahjaratt. Brassica is not a cabbage. Marimbo is not an ape and Guthix was not an Naragi.

So Guthix was the last living Naragi since Aagi died before he ascended, but he ceased to be a Naragi many thousands of years ago.

I didn't know that being a god lost your original race also, fail! 

Would you class things like dragonkin non-race due to not being able to reproduce? Or just when lack of numbers cause this?

baileydafrog.png

Would you class things like dragonkin non-race due to not being able to reproduce? Or just when lack of numbers cause this?

It was stated that when a being ascends into 'godhood' they forfeit their soul in a sense. What is meant is that usually when a god is killed it is often very violent or a lot of energy is used or taken in the process which shreds the gods soul apart. The killing of a god is so ubrupt and fast that death is unable to salvage anything before it happens.

So in essence guthix right before death was still a naragi. The dragonkin are still mortal races. We learned that they hid themselves from the last great revision.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

<snip>

Dragonkin are a weird case. I think I'd need to know more about how many of them there are before deciding whether they qualify as a race or not - if there's just a handful, then probably not; if there's a few hundred, then maybe.

It's complicated by the fact that in sci-fi and fantasy, we often use "race" as a combination of "species" and "civilization". They're clearly a species, albeit a sort-of manufactured one, but I'm not sure I'd call them a culture or civilization.

(If you're asking about my "dead race" comment, the question would be whether or not I'd call them a dead race, not whether or not I'd call them a race at all. I'd hesitate to call them a dead race without more information about them.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Near as I can tell, there has been no sign of the gemstone kaseki or tengu tsuba yet. I am not-so-patiently awaiting mine, particularly the kasekis, as I already have that scroll finished and am excited to finally have an affordable magic weapon higher than tier 75.

Flyingjj.png

They are also (apparently) rewards from the first and second trio missions for the new adventurers.

Had my first successful clue mission today. Just as I reported earlier, if you want to be efficient, you need to tell the adventurer in the bar which island they should check(there is a left click option). The island is told by the map table (otherwise it will check a random island, ie 1/5 chance even when the voyage itself is 100%). There are a total of 24 clue voyages (4 each for 6 adventurers).

And how do you know which island to tell him to search ... ?

Map tables. Apparently there is a limit on how many clues you can get based on how many you have, 4 being unlimited clues (i've stayed with 3 so far, keen to keep my pandoras box).

Have you ever had so much alcohol you turned into a wine rack

feFrh.png

Would it still be inappropriate to say she has a nice rack? <_<

• Like 7

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Also:

Xpx's Optimal Ports setup:

66544 MCS/Merch/Exile
212 MCS Captains, one Seafaring captain with 4x multi-talented.
Biologist, Missionary, Whaler icons (Optimise Exile usage + bones best TG).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well, obviously you'd now have icons on the 3 new adventurers. And now, it's more important what totems you have. I'm currently using one pandoras box and 3 map tables, but it's likely I will go to 4 map tables when i'm done with most new storylines. Right now, the most important thing for spare voyages is just to guarantee you a daily random event, thus i'm mostly doing low azure voyages with them.

My crew setup is the same as outlined above, except I have 122 MCS 35k captains lol, cba swapping out

And I already have 2-3 +1% traits for each respective captain, probably not gonna make one have all 4 multi-talented lol

I'm going to have to build 4 map tables as well, I still have 4 telescopes right now because I'm scroll hunting. I'm currently focusing on story mode + building upgrades, so I have terracotta focus and my 3 icons are the 3 new adventurers.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention