POP Captain and Crew levelling

ToasterRage

I've searched this out for a while, and I'm not finding anything that explains it.

I'm now at the point where replacing my captains are starting to look attractive. I'm in a new region, but my captains are level 5 and 6, so it's hard to tell how much of a benefit I'll get once the new captain is leveled up. It's possible they will have the same stats, which wastes training time and chimes/resources.

What are each of the stats raised by per level for captains? This should be two or three of the MCS stats, correct?

What are the stats raised by for each crew. I understand this may be only the primary single or two base stats, ie, a Card Sharp will only raise Morale, while a Feral Chimera will raise Morale and Combat. A Bureaucrat having three base stats should raise Morale, Combat and Seafaring (MCS) correct?

Stats raise by 10% of their base value for each level up - base value being the one shown when you mouse over and get the break down of base, level, trait and personal bonus.

100 base = +10 per level for +100 at lvl 10

1000 base = +100 per level for +1000 at lvl 10

All 4 stats raise by this amount on both crew and captains.

In most cases this means lvl 10 from previous region are better than up to ~lvl 4 or 5 of new region.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Regardless of region, it is ALWAYS the best option to replace your crew in the farthest region ASAP. The only exceptions are Judge of Dice and the highest merchant you have available to you.

Also, higher chime captains are always better, with the exception of speed captains which you should simply avoid.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Regardless of region, it is ALWAYS the best option to replace your crew in the farthest region ASAP. The only exceptions are Judge of Dice and the highest merchant you have available to you.

Also, higher chime captains are always better, with the exception of speed captains which you should simply avoid.

Judge of Dice? What is this 2013?

Kharidian Exile are the top end of solidarity crew line now.

For reference the entire line is:

First Mate

Eastern Overseer

[no new]

Bureaucrat

Judge of Dice

[no new]

[no new]

Kharidian Exile.

And Merchants cap out of Terracotta Merchant who is preceded by Jade Merchant, Merchant, Trader and Ardougne Shopkeeper

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bad wording on my part. What I meant is that you should get JoD when you get them, and keep them all the way until you can unlock Kharidian Exiles in the last region.

Same with Terracotta Merchants, use best merchant until you can get those, and never replace terracotta ones.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Stats raise by 10% of their base value for each level up - base value being the one shown when you mouse over and get the break down of base, level, trait and personal bonus.

I can't tell you how many times I tried mousing over the captain's pic, and the levels in the crew selection window (where you pick ship parts and crew) after picking the captain. Only now did I realize that you have to open the master crew roster, click the captain/crew you want and mouse over the stat's WORD not value.

Thanks, that's extremely helpful! Almost dismissed a captain and hired a new one with the same stats... Ouch.

Kharidian Exile are the top end of solidarity crew line now.

For reference the entire line is:
First Mate
Eastern Overseer
[no new]
Bureaucrat
Judge of Dice
[no new]
[no new]
Kharidian Exile.

And Merchants cap out of Terracotta Merchant who is preceded by Jade Merchant, Merchant, Trader and Ardougne Shopkeeper

I've been using the wiki crew list, that's great for the all-over view. Would be nice to have a condensed upgrade path chart for all of these like you have here, so you can tell at a glance. i.e. If you have an Storm Rider, but are attracting Cartographers, you should be dumping your Storm Riders.

Ahh, that makes sense now. If the stat is 0, it's not going to raise at all.

Quoting Jayne Cobb from Firefly: "I got a share in this job. Ten percent of nothing is—let me do the math here. Nothing into nothin'. Carry the nothin'..." Edited by Arceus
Merged posts