Nex sets... when are they effective?

karnsy81

I have a quick question. I literally just gained the ability to boss, well higher level boss, meaning Nex. I have done gwd and qbd, both fairly easy. 

I was expecting Nex to be difficult. I went ahead and dumped my cash stack and loot tab into Pernix, and was going to use warpriest as my mage switch. I was DPSing a duo. I am 93 range using rcb, and 75 mage using sol.

Let me start by saying I am disappointed! I thought there would be no way I could dps Nex with tier 80, let alone my first time. It went well, 3 kills first trip due to me getting used to mechanics. The next trip I was so stunned I decided to use zammy warpriest. This worked well, resulting in a 4 kill trip. I took nearly no damage, and kills were smooth as all get out.

I had imagined me NEEDING Pernix to stay alive from Nex, but I was wrong. 

MY QUESTION:

Nex will be my main boss as I work towards max combat, and rots will be there soon hopefully. Would it be best for me to dump my Pernix and get all the tier 70 power armours? If I could use warpriest for 4 kills, I am guessing a armour switch would make my life a bit safer.

What armour is REQUIRED for rots? 

Extra cash WILL be put in my savings for dual ascs

Slaying is also a priority of mine, I love it. I have been using warpriest, but the 70 power armour would definitely work better for me, so this is a plus for dumping Pernix.

Thanks all, hopefully you can understand my ramble. =D

Well the T70 power armor is cheap right now and quite effective for Slayer in general so sure why not  :thumbup: .

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Not me personally, sorry :S. There are a couple people I could ask later when they're on and I'll edit when I get ahold of them :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

First off..... You were DPSing. Aka, you should be taking minimal damage. You could get away with DPSing naked except for the fact that you'd lose out on bonus damage from power armor. Now if you were the one doing the tanking, you'd probably struggle in Pernix until you got used to tanking.

As for ROTS, you need Superior Elite Void or Tectonic/Sirenic to be accepted on any decent team as well as t90 mage/ranged. The thing about ROTS is that they gank you regardless of what kind of armor you have on, so its power armor or bust. You might be able to get away with normal void or Nex sets if you go with friends......

As for your Pernix set, I'd say sell it and buy drygores with that money if you intend on doing more nex. Just melee Nex instead of using t75 mage. I personally use Pernix to do QBD in since it offers more defense than Armadyl and better damage bonus.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

First off..... You were DPSing. Aka, you should be taking minimal damage. You could get away with DPSing naked except for the fact that you'd lose out on bonus damage from power armor. Now if you were the one doing the tanking, you'd probably struggle in Pernix until you got used to tanking.

Fair point, I suppose. Thanks for the advice.

As for ROTS, you need Superior Elite Void or Tectonic/Sirenic to be accepted on any decent team as well as t90 mage/ranged. The thing about ROTS is that they gank you regardless of what kind of armor you have on, so its power armor or bust. You might be able to get away with normal void or Nex sets if you go with friends......

I've got a group of good friends to rots with, so this isn't an issue for me. I do appreciate the information.

As for your Pernix set, I'd say sell it and buy drygores with that money if you intend on doing more nex. Just melee Nex instead of using t75 mage. I personally use Pernix to do QBD in since it offers more defense than Armadyl and better damage bonus.

Hmm.... Very good idea here.... working on 90 attack as I type this, and that might be an even better solution to my tiny cash stack problem. 

Thanks for all your advice!! I think I am going to drop the nex set, pick up top/bottoms of T70 power armour, and put the rest toward drys. Are maces still considered the best due to the pray bonus?

THANKS!

Nex armors are pretty good, but you're giving them the wrong use.

You want to use superior elite void at Nex: it's top dps at zero cost. T90 is also great at nex, since the armor can last you for ages.

TLDR: void/T90 at nex.

The best use for nex armors:

- QBD (it's a noticeable difference in terms of defense trust me);

- GWD (even though it's not mandatory, it's worth buying nex armor to camp bandos/arma to max attack,strength, and range. Use T70 for Kril you'll do infinite runs with attunned ectoplasmator) especially because it's the best exp in the game if you're trying to max (around 300-400k exp/hour + profit)

- that's it.

In other places, pernix still surpasses T70, but there's usually a better alternative for the cash.

Regarding upgrades, you ALWAYS want to prioritize weapons: when everything else fails, you still can use void for free, but the dps from the weapons cannot be replaced by anything else. So buy drygores. After that, consider your general tastes:

- T90 tends to be the best option for bosses like Nex and Araxxor: if you do those regularly it's worth to buy malevolent and sirenic

- Do ports, get lvl85 magic weapon (unless you make quick cash to go for T90 weapons) and then focus on armor.

- Get superior elite void: vorago, nex, qbd, rots, all those are places where void is a good option.

Eventually its worth to get Nex armor if you're swimming in cash or if you use stuff like QBD as your primary source of income (in which case I'd say keep pernix), but since you said it yourself that you only focus on a few bosses, get T70 for your everyday needs and invest in damage (aka, weapon).

• Like 1
Skiller11101.png