[2-2-15] Demon Flash Mobs – New Rewards and Rebalancing

Leik

Demon Flash Mobs – New Rewards and Rebalancing

Demon Flash Mobs are brimstone-fresh today, with improved rewards and balancing. With aggressive combat familiars, demonic titles and much more up for grabs, it well worth your while to answer the flash mob call to arms.
Read on to find out more!

Baleful Balancing
First up, we've made battling the demon bosses a less punishing prospect. They’re no pushovers, and you’ll still need to team up to take them out, but the risks should now be more in line with the rewards:

• Flash mob bosses' health and defence have been reduced.
  • Stuns applied by bosses' attacks now last only a third as long.
  • Healing applied to the bosses has been halved.
  • Bleed effects inflicted by demon flash mobs can now be cleared with the Freedom ability.
  • Bosses no longer cause bonus prayer damage against players using the Protect Item prayer.

Note that demon flash mobs now spawn every two hours, rather than hourly.

Wicked Rewards
There are dark delights aplenty on offer for those who take down a flash mob boss, including a number of new additions:

• Aggressive Combat Familiars: loot a demon claw from the boss and – with 82 Summoning - make a brawler, executioner or deacon demon summoning pouch. These beasts are aggressive, so as long as you’re in combat, they’ll continually attack enemies of the type you’re currently engaged with – even if you’re not actively fighting yourself. They also have an AoE special attack.
  • Demonic Titles: get the infernal honorific you deserve with title scrolls, obtained as drops from flash mob bosses. There are 14 titles to collect in all.

Finally, we’ve ensured that a boss always yields enough loot for at least five players. If fewer than five players contribute to a boss's downfall, the excess loot will be divided among them.

Enjoy!
Have fun taking down some fiery foes and reaping some rich rewards. Let us know what you think over on the forums.
Mod Deg and the RuneScape Team

In Other News

• Four new sets of wings are in stock now in Solomon's Store.
  • Players can now quickly change worlds from in-game by opening the options menu (by pressing Esc) and selecting "Hop worlds", thanks to our dedicatedly deadly Ninja Team.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• Players can now quickly change worlds from in-game by opening the options menu (by pressing Esc) and selecting "Hop worlds", thanks to our dedicatedly deadly Ninja Team.

:shades:

Yeah, this should have been the title update. The only thing even remotely interesting in this update.
  • Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yeah, this should have been the title update. The only thing even remotely interesting in this update.

Titlescape is always neat, and those familiars sound promising. I will try this thing out before I write off this update.

The patch notes, aside from that one pretty awesome fix, was very bare though.

Very nice, you can even show free worlds only! Now, if only they could have added one more column for ping...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Aww man not even a demonslayer gear upgrade

only familiars? Ugh hope theyre somewhat useable in wild... 

They also made them piss easy, I found those demons one of the few challenges left XD

• Examining a stack of coins on the ground will now display how many there are in the stack.

WOO

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

[spoiler=Deg Site Quest Spoiler] Another part of Deg's quest came out with this update. Can trade the ruined essence for a creepy doll by using it on Brother Celerity in the edgeville monastery

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Aww man not even a demonslayer gear upgrade

only familiars? Ugh hope theyre somewhat useable in wild... 

They also made them piss easy, I found those demons one of the few challenges left XD

• Examining a stack of coins on the ground will now display how many there are in the stack.

WOO

Who has time to examine when ten people are running after it? :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

[spoiler=Deg Site Quest Spoiler] Another part of Deg's quest came out with this update. Can trade the ruined essence for a creepy doll by using it on Brother Celerity in the edgeville monastery

Called it lol:

Has anyone tried giving it to a demon flash mob boss or a character related to them(the one in edge monastery)? That's my guess anyway.

The other possibility is that it's not even released yet and will come with flash mobs update.

I wonder if all this is a lead up to World Event 3(the next big update by that scrum team) or will that only be the next piece of the big picture. Perhaps it has something to do with the 'strange power' event and f61 as the doll can be used to replicate the event on a smaller scale?

Helring, is there a place where people try to find stuff out about that Deg Site thingy?

Not that I know of, people just tend to check around after Deg is involved in an update

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Called it lol:

Has anyone tried giving it to a demon flash mob boss or a character related to them(the one in edge monastery)? That's my guess anyway.

The other possibility is that it's not even released yet and will come with flash mobs update.

I wonder if all this is a lead up to World Event 3(the next big update by that scrum team) or will that only be the next piece of the big picture. Perhaps it has something to do with the 'strange power' event and f61 as the doll can be used to replicate the event on a smaller scale?

qMnlfo5.png

Seems from that like they are just fun easter egg items than elaborate hidden plotline items.  But we'll see I guess.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Anyone think that there's any chance of normal familiars ever getting a way to act aggressively like these new ones?

It'd be great if having the new drops in your inventory/pocket made a steel titan for example go rampaging on everything.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20