[16-2-15] Ninja Update – Return of the Wildywyrm

Leik

Ninja Update – Return of the Wildywyrm

The Wildywyrm is back! Lured by the deaths of her new lava strykewyrm cousins or summoned from the depths by JMods, the Wildywyrm is a hard target for level 94 Slayers.
Wyrm slaying can yield all-new weapon modifications, used in the creation of level 85 weapons with unique mechanics and special attacks. There are high-level ashes and food items to be looted, too.
Read on for more information.

Conquer a Wyrm
Lava strykewyrms now roam the Wilderness, south of the Lava Maze.
These beasts are assigned as Slayer targets by Kuradal or Movran, but can be fought off-assignment too – just make sure you've the 94 Slayer needed to kill them!
They're formidable foes, fighting with all three combat styles and deadly AoE attacks, so come packing the best gear you can afford to risk.
Each time a lava strykewyrm dies, there's a small chance that the legendaryWildywyrm herself will emerge. Larger and far more deadly than her kin, you'll need a team to take her down. Look out for global announcements to find out when the Wildywyrm spawns, then head over and help out.
Note that JMods have the ability to spawn the Wildywyrm, should they wish – watch out for her at JMod-led events!

Rewards
Lava strykewyrms and the Wildywyrm can drop some highly lucrative loot.
Note that while the Wildywyrm doesn't drop anything that the lava strykewyrms don't, she has a better chance to drop rarer rewards, and everyone who participates in her demise gets their own drops.
Three new weapons modifications are the big draw here. These items can be used to upgrade commonly used weapons into mighty level 85 weapons with unique special attacks:

• Lava whip: this searing scourge is made by combining a wyrm spike with anabyssal whip (or vine whip/whip vine). It special attack drags your target toward you – across any obstacle that doesn't block range. We're looking forward to the wicked tactics you devise for this!
  • Staff of darkness: combine a wyrm heart with a staff of light and get this malign magical weapon. It has all the benefits of a staff of light with level 85 stats, plus a special attack that absorbs and reflects 25% of incoming damage for 20 seconds.
  • Strykebow: the result of a wyrm scalp and dark bow combined, the strykebow is a real master's weapon. It has a passive ability to store up damage received and release it in an extra attack with every 5 auto-attacks or 15 abilities you fire off. Plus, there's a special attack which increases and unleashes the bow's stored damage as a quick damage-over-time effect.

These three weapons have a new degrade mechanic, too. Each lasts for 10 hours of combat, and is destroyed when it degrades fully, returning the spike, heart or scalp to you. You can repair one of these weapons by using its base item on it (which repairs it by 20% for the whip and bow, and 50% for the staff). Alternatively, create a new one when it is destroyed, using the returned modification item on another weapon.
As well as the weapon modifications, the wyrms can also drop the following:

• Searing ashes give the best Prayer XP of any ashes in-game – only a little less than burying frost dragon bones. These are a guaranteed drop, so Wildywyrm hunting should always be a profitable endeavour.
  • Fury sharks heal up to 2475 life points in combat and up to 2800 out, and will protect an additional item on death for 1 minute (although not more than the five-item maximum).

Enjoy!
Have fun wyrm hunting in the Wilderness. Let us know how you get on over on the forums!
The RuneScape Ninja Team

In Other News

• Prifddinas pickpocketing has been rebalanced to be more profitable:
    • There is now a greater chance of receiving items – including three times the chance to get charms from Amlodd elves.
    • Some less-valuable rewards – such as cups of tea – have been removed.
    • More items are now given in noted form.
    • Show your support for your favourite RuneLabs ideas. This month, we're looking for small-sized projects or lower – think Harbingers of Tuska, Skillchompas or Let Them Eat Pie.

[hide=Patch Notes]
Graphical:

• The position of the Hearts of Ice interface in Treasure Hunter has been adjusted.
  • The black-out box when there are no more Treasure Hunter keys usable no longer overlaps the top of the interface.
  • The character models for Damis and Dessous in Desert Treasure and Dominion Tower have been updated, as has the Desert Treasure boss icon in Dominion Tower.
  • Some floating torches in the Rise of the Six caverns have been brought back down to earth.
  • Some skeletons no longer shoot rocks out of their bows.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

• Demon Flash Mobs will now spawn hourly instead of every 2 hours.
  • Players will no longer receive rewards from a Demon Flash Mob boss if they join the fight especially late.
  • Demon Flash Mob bosses will now deal less damage to familiars.
  • New adventurers spawned using an adventurer's re-roll ability will now spawn inside a Player-Owned Port without needing to leave and re-enter.
  • A patron will no longer get stuck in a wine rack during the Last Orders random event in a Player-Owned Port.
  • The default recipe selected in the Make-X interface now works correctly for fire and moss titan familiars.
  • Gnome Restaurant recipes are now created using the standard Make-X interface.
  • The Party Room knights will now dance on the table, as they should.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

• Updated the quest start screen of Fairy Tale Part I and Underground Pass to reflect combat level calculation changes.
  • Players will now only be able to gain the 'Beast Mode' accolade on complexity level 6.
  • The 'Expensive Range' Task now correctly states all requirements needed to complete it.
  • It is no longer possible to complete the Flash Powder Factory challenge when leaving early.
  • Players will no longer complete a lucky challenge when their ship requires repair after a voyage.

Other:

• The 'membership required' popup message near the Mage Training Arena has been corrected.
  • NPC mages - including infernal mages - now deal slightly more damage.
  • Players will no longer receive a message about having completed all Hard mode Dungeoneering floors with only 59 floors completed.
  • Unticking a familiar override with a familiar already out will now correctly remove the customisation.
  • Players can now obtain elite black armour from elite Black Knights.
  • Logging into a free world will now automatically dismiss members-only pets.
  • A typo with the attuned ectoplasmator – previously displayed when used alongside a demon-horn necklace – has been fixed.
  • A typo on the Worn Equipment interface has been fixed.
  • A typo on the Sign of the Porter interface has been fixed.
  • Jungle Potion has been removed from the Woodcutting skill guide requirements for teak and mahogany trees, as it is no longer relevant.
  • Farmer payments for elder trees are now shown in the Farming skill guide.
  • Players can no longer teleport while sitting in the Throne of Fame.
  • Blocking has been added to a missing tile in the gnome maze.
  • The Latest Content banner in the lobby will now cycle between banners every 15 seconds instead of every 30 seconds.
  • An incorrect reference to re-obtaining war priest armour has been corrected.
  • Cooldowns in the ability book will now display correctly.
  • Players can no longer attack Vorago during the 'Bring me down' phase.
  • Spiritual warriors, mages and rangers no longer count towards automaton slayer tasks.

Ninja Fixes:

• Yew and magic trees' models have been updated, at the various growth stages for Farming.
  • Abilities will no longer trigger while the player is too far away from the target.
  • The mirror shield is now hybrid-class.
  • The money pouch will no longer show 0 coins under certain circumstances when there are coins in the pouch.
  • Players can now deactivate unused Motherlode Maw enhancers to make them stack in the bank and activate them whenever needed them for no cost.
  • Juju hunter and plant cure vials can now also be thrown away when empty, if the 'throw away vials' option is toggled on via Bob Barter.
  • Prifddinas pickpocketing has been rebalanced to be more profitable:
    • There is now a greater chance of receiving items – including three times the chance to get charms from Amlodd elves.
    • Some less-valuable rewards – such as cups of tea – have been removed.
    • More items are now given in noted form.
    • Show your support for your favourite RuneLabs ideas. This month, we're looking for small-sized projects or lower – think Harbingers of Tuska, Skillchompas or Let Them Eat Pie.

[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I find it odd that using a weapon on the new weps will partially repair it, but waiting for it to degrade and then using the wep to make a new one fully "repairs" it. What's the reasoning behind that?

Cool update for those willing to risk it; I'm curious to see what the new weapons look like in action. The concept art was delicious, as I recall.

Edit: Patch notes (feel free to add to first post)

Graphical

• The creepy doll will no longer attempt to play an animation on a player in combat.
  • An issue with the Hefin emotes and Arcane Resting has been fixed.
  • Meiyerditch citizens' skin tones now render correctly.
  • The background images in the Beasts tab for Commander Zilyana and Kree'arra, have been moved to their correct positions.
  • The open and closed versions of the drawers found in Falador's chainbody shop no longer uses different colours and texturing.
  • A one-way window has been removed from older versions of the Player-Owned Ports bar.
  • Feet and dropped items no longer clip through the floor of the Kal'gerion demon resource dungeon.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
  • Players may now claim a second captain's log from Duncan.
  • The captain's log can now be added to the pocket slot, so users can perform all the functions of the captain's log and save an inventory slot!
  • Auto-cast spells will no longer be unset when entering Sinkholes.
  • Bone Face no longer lingers in the boss room while escaping from Thok.
  • It is no longer possible to dig up the plant patch on Harmony Island.
  • Players will no longer disconnect while training herblore if their familiar expires while holding herblore supplies.
  • An assassin will no longer spawn on a terracotta pot within the terracotta warehouse during the 'Simple Favour' Player-Owned Ports random event.
  • A typo on the Player-Owned Ports upgrade buildings interface for bars and lodgings has been fixed.
  • A typo in a Player-Owned Ports voyage has been fixed.
  • Hunter implings are no longer able to find their way up the cliffsides at Shantay Pass.
  • The combat level for Pest Control on the Minigame tab of the Adventures interface has been updated.
  • A typo previously shown when resetting the Tears of Guthix D&D with a D&D token has been fixed.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
  • A typo has been fixed in the reminder message of the Tirannwn quiver when cleansing corrupted Seren stones.
  • The hint arrow for the HAM follower challenges will now point to the correct location.

Other
  • Players can no longer walk through a wall on the north side of the uppermost floor in the Slayer Tower, near the gargoyles.
  • Some familiars now correctly act as a light source.
  • A typo in Hans's chat when asking about veteran capes has been fixed.
  • A few tiles around the Body Rune Altar will now allow players to step on them.
  • Fixed an issue with drop-down menus not displaying the current selection.
  • De-equipping an active aura on a free world no longer leaves the aura active.
  • It is no longer possible to stall damage by releasing a witch's cat.
  • The Provoke ability no longer grants special attack energy when used in Legacy Mode.

Ninja Fixes
  • The Big Chinchompa start time has been moved to 30 minutes past each hour.
  • Players can now close the Player-Owned Ports ship customisation windows with the 'Esc' key.
  • Boss timers will now always show by default.
  • Players can now select a faster wave spawn in the Fight Kiln.
  • Players can now use keybinds to cure plants in Livid Farm.
  • The insane 'Final Boss' title can now be unlocked by having a total of 5,000 boss kills with at least 100 kills on each boss, including hard mode and by having all boss pets unlocked (includes Vitalis, Bombi, Barrows bobbleheads and TzRek-Jad).
  • Dreadnips will no longer get blocked by players or NPCs.
  • Dreadnips will no longer attempt to stun a stunned NPC or a stun-immune NPC.
  • The World Hop interface in-game now shows more information on activities.
  • Using the World Hop function will no longer say that player logged out with a clan avatar prematurely.
  • Players can now see what skills they've not yet gained XP in for the Jack of Trades aura by checking 'aura time remaining'.
  • Dorgeshuun light orbs can now be made via the Make-X interface.
  • The "changed name" tooltip in the lobby has been re-aligned.
  • Make-X will now remember the last used recipe for an extra two interfaces, to improve the process of making certain multi-staged items such as urns.
  • Player and NPC targets will now always render on top of all other entities on the same tile.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Been PKed (10k gp risk...they're just doing it to troll) on every world so far except Quick Chat, was able to stay for a very long time there.  Drops seem too rare to be worth the time, however.  Looking forward to surprise drops on slayer tasks.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

In full tectonic? Yeah sure!

nah full deathlotus

or full gano

or barrows

also EAT SPECS d:

only been getting shrekt tbh, "combat responsiveness" xD

owell there's life in wild ^^

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

In full tectonic? Yeah sure!

I agree, you need to put the Shadow dye on first.

Anyway...day 16, running low on food and water. Still holding out hope for a non-Ninja/Patch update this month, but we won't last much longer at this rate...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Wow Jagex, removing cups of tea as elf rewards? 0/10, do you even know balance?

Then again, Jagex has always hated people who play tea party, so this update isn't so surprising. Back to Varrok then.

Weren't people like mass complaining to remove these as a joke that got out of hand?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The wildywyrm rare drops have a global announcement so if you do manage to get lucky you'd better hightail your ass out of there.

Does it go like this: Congratulations, you have received a rare new drop huge bounty on your head. RUN!

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• Lava whip: this searing scourge is made by combining a wyrm spike with anabyssal whip (or vine whip/whip vine). It special attack drags your target toward you – across any obstacle that doesn't block range. We're looking forward to the wicked tactics you devise for this!

Neat.

If they removed my beloved teas I hope they actually have Ithell something worthwhile to justify theiving there. Second lowest exp and no loot besides coins that are worth it. Guess I'll continue to only thieve there on VoS.

hefin's pickpocket loot table was vastly improved to....not change at all

The xp, dragon bones and lap modifiers are pretty balanced and certainly worth it

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Neat.

Incidentally, that is the name of the special attack. How wicked is that?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Dont suppose we know yet if strykebow is ammoless? Or if we get new arrows to go with it.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Anyway...day 16, running low on food and water. Still holding out hope for a non-Ninja/Patch update this month, but we won't last much longer at this rate...

I kind of hope they upped the Ninja Team's budget, considering they've now basically become Jagex's A-team for full content updates :v

Pick up drop, log out, f2p world...that'd work, right?

Or, you know, yak it to your bank? :D.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I kind of hope they upped the Ninja Team's budget, considering they've now basically become Jagex's A-team for full content updates :v

I do start to wonder what the other teams are doing. And where the hell our money is going (well, I guess something something IVP).

If they removed my beloved teas I hope they actually have Ithell something worthwhile to justify theiving there. Second lowest exp and no loot besides coins that are worth it. Guess I'll continue to only thieve there on VoS.

hefin's pickpocket loot table was vastly improved to....not change at all

The xp, dragon bones and lap modifiers are pretty balanced and certainly worth it

well....they got rid of the tea and replaced it with soft clay. but good news ithell gives teak planks now... i guess that is good news

also soda ash...yay molten glass.

~~~legoman187~~~

• Like 1

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~