23 February 2015 - Dishonour among Thieves

Arceus

Dishonour among Thieves

Dishonour among Thieves is yours to play right now – the latest episode in the Sixth Age 'Stone of Jas' storyline that began with Missing, Presumed Death.

Use your invitation box to head to the Empyrean Citadel, then talk to Moia to get started.

Requirements

You must be a RuneScape member
Missing, Presumed Death 30 Agility
Hazeel Cult 30 Thieving
Access to Morytania 61+ combat recommended
Rogues' Gallery

In Missing, Presumed Death, Sliske threw down the gauntlet to the gods, challenging them to claim the Stone of Jas: an elder artefact with world-shaping powers.

Zamorak has a plan to claim the Stone for himself – thus clawing back some of the power he lost at the Battle of Lumbridge – and he needs your help to do it.

In Dishonour among Thieves, you'll help Zamorak to gather a multi-skilled team of rogues and rapscallions – all loyal to the chaos god's cause. Your mission: to swipe the Stone of Jas from under Sliske's nose.

Joining you are Zemouregal, the werewolf Jerrod, the player-voted Nomad, and many more of Zamorak's faithful.

Gallery_Zemouregal.jpgGallery_Jerrod.jpgGallery_Nomad.jpg

Once you've gathered your band of thieves, it's heist time. Enter Sliske's lair and use your team's unique set of skills to break in, get past the guards, and head for the ultimate prize.

Ill-Gotten Gains

You can be sure to come away from the heist with your cut:

Jerrod's cape: a mid-level, hybrid-style cape with passive thieving benefits when worn:

80% chance to note items stolen from bakers' stalls.
Triple coins and 1-3 noted gems from Rogues' Den safes
Coshing volunteers in the Thieves' Guild yield items from the rogue's pickpocket drop table.
Mask of Sliske upgrade: when worn in the head slot or carried in the pocket slot during combat, the improved Mask of Sliske will occasionally spawn an undead archer, who'll deal damage to your current target before dissipating.
Tiny Hazeel pet: the pint-sized Ardougne autocrat joins the bobble-headed ranks.
XP in Agility, Dungeoneering, Thieving and a choice of combat skills.
Keep your eyes peeled during the quest for loot chests, which can be opened for XP, coin and resource rewards.

Once the quest's over, you can return to Zamorak's lair for further XP rewards in three more chests, which can be opened when all your skills exceed 50, 70 and 90 respectively.

Enjoy!

If you've a larcenous heart, or just want to be part of the 6th Age's world-shaking events, this quest's not to be missed. Have fun, and tell us what you think over on the forums.

Mod Ollie and the RuneScape 'Dukes' Team

Solomon's Store - Nomad Pack

Nomad Pack
Style yourself after the Scourge of Souls himself with the Nomad Pack – available now from Solomon's Store.

Comprising a full outfit - plus weapon overrides for staffs, javelins and any two-handed melee weapons - it's perfect for adopting the mantle of the mysterious mage.

The pack also contains animation overrides for walking or running, and for combat – using any of the weapon types listed above.

Note that you don't need to have the Nomad outfit or weapon override active to use the animations – although you do need an appropriate weapon equipped for the combat animations.

Pick up the Nomad pack now! If you need more RuneCoins, you can redeem Bonds, or purchase them via the website.

Aquarium

Remember the poll where you got to choose a new Construction room and how the aquarium came out on top? Well we have an update on that for you.

The Guardians have been working hard prototyping and designing the new aquarium feature and we've got the full design document available for your perusal. Inside you'll find the aims for the project, how the aquarium will work and all of the rewards you can get.

poh_aquarium_thumb.jpg

We're looking for feedback on this document so make sure you get involved over on the forums. Remember, your feedback can change how the aquarium will work so do let us know your ideas and suggestions.

There'll also be a live stream on Tuesday 24th February, 16:00 UTC, where we showcase the aquarium. If you'd like to see how it will work in game, be sure to visit our Twitch channel.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• On 2nd March 2015, the price of RuneScape membership will increase for new members, and those who have been unsubscribed for more than 14 days. The price of Bonds will also increase:
  • Subscribe now to lock in your membership price at the current rate.
  • Read our FAQ if you have any questions.
  • See the full pricing list.
  • You can now store up to 20,000 ammo of a single type in all tiers of the Tirannwn quiver, for use in ranged combat.
  • Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur can now be activated from the inventory.
  • Completion of the Hard Fremennik Task Set now imparts the ability to switch to the Lunar spellbook at the Cadarn altar in Prifddinas, retaining your prayer points while doing so.
  • It is now possible to cast Death's Swiftness and Sunshine without a target.
  • Join Mod Kalaya for a mass onslaught on the God Wars Dungeon, from 16:00 UTC on 24th February. Head over to World 68 and join Mod Kalaya’s friends chat - LootShare-enabled!
  • Read the patch notes for further details of today's update.

[spoiler=Patch notes]Graphical

Some erroneous DirectX environment lighting in the Agoroth encounter has been fixed.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

• The XP amount listed in the production interface for fletching arrow has been corrected. Note that the awarded XP was – and is – correct, and has not changed.
  • An issue where multi-ingredient or multi-step potions could not be made - or only accepted one ingredient - has been fixed.
  • Players who donate a large amount of chimes to the Gu will now receive an additional reward alongside a piece of the Gu cosmetic outfit when opening a Gift of Gu.
  • An issue where the Ports overlay interface would not display when teleporting from the Duel Arena directly to a Player-Owned Port via the captain's log has been resolved.
  • The hint arrow pointing towards an adventurer in the Player-Owned Ports tutorial will now correctly point towards adventurers who are located upstairs in the bar.
  • The breakdown of voyages in the captain's log has been made more detailed. Players can now see which adventurers they've met and how many story and clue voyages they have completed for each adventurer.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements

• Players can once again consistently use the shortcut to the lower levels in the Lumbridge Catacombs.
  • First Mate 'Davey-boy' will now address female characters correctly during the Lunar Diplomacy quest.

Other

• Fury sharks will now correctly protect additional items when outside the Wilderness.
  • The correct item will now be broadcast when receiving drops from a lava strykewyrm.
  • Using Quickchat to display the current slayer assignment will now state lava strykewyrms instead of Wildywyrms, while on the relevant assignment.
  • The level calculation that determines access to teleporting via the Wilderness has been corrected. Most teleports will now only function in up to level 20 Wilderness, with some items (such as an amulet of glory) functioning up to level 30 Wilderness.
  • It is once again possible to build adrenaline via Nex's mages.
  • Missing blocking has been added to the wall in the Kal'gerion Dungeon.
  • Blocking has been added to all of the wooden supports for the fence surrounding the Rogue's Castle.
  • A typo in the 'the Survivor' title unlock description has been fixed.
  • The cost for hard leather boots has been lowered, to better reflect the cost of other hard leather equipment.
  • NPCs added for the Hati Wolf event have now been removed.

Ninja Fixes

• Players can now activate Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur from their inventories.
  • Players will now automatically be given any rewards obtained from the Daemonheim Task Set upon entering a dungeon.
  • The click area and model of the skull slope on the Ape Atoll agility course has been updated.
  • It is now possible to cast Death's Swiftness and Sunshine without a target.
  • Players can now chip Teleport to House tablets to redirect to Prifddinas.
  • Farming patch locations and their borders have been updated.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You can now store up to 20,000 ammo of a single type in all tiers of the Tirannwn quiver, for use in ranged combat, courtesy of the Ninja team.

Nice, finally!

I know, right?

What does this mean:

The cost for hard leather boots has been lowered, to better reflect the cost of other hard leather equipment.

It costs less leather to make them, or they are cheaper in General Stores/alch price or what?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Since nomads set was released post update ive been thinking... why was the set not given a special effect for his mistical wisps that go around his hands and weapon. That was a big piece of his attire.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

now that more of the path has been revealed, there are many more variables in play than i had anticipated. needless to say, i think nomad's participation, while initially sort of shoehorned in, opened up a bit of an unexpected opportunity

i wonder what things would have been like had i pushed entirely in the other direction?....i hope when this is all over, jagex lets us visit alternate timelines where we picked differently

it's pretty obvious now that there's a specific path where you [bleep] everything up, and i want to see what happens if you choose that, but i'm not nearly mean enough to do it

8f14270694.jpg

tbh, this quest level shoulda been a bunch higher, even with the chests borrowed from the haunted mansion quest it's kinda dumb placing the player in this role at level 30 without any knowledge of the lore behind it, especially with nomad's involvement, and the very, very important decisions presented to you (the first of which isn't even presented with the appropriate amount of gravitas)

8f14270694.jpg

tbh, this quest level shoulda been a bunch higher, even with the chests borrowed from the haunted mansion quest it's kinda dumb placing the player in this role at level 30 without any knowledge of the lore behind it, especially with nomad's involvement, and the very, very important decisions presented to you (the first of which isn't even presented with the appropriate amount of gravitas)

It's a conscious decision they made starting with The World Wakes. Sixth Age quests are going to be available to lower level players who have not done the Fifth Age quests. They want everyone to be able to participate in the new story.

The most important lore, namely the bits that form the whole premise of the quest, is the stuff from Missing, Presumed Death. Which is indeed a prerequisite for this quest.

Would have liked to have told Zamorak that Zaros isn't going to seek revenge. I dislike Zamorak, but not that much.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

They sure make these low level quests like Master+ level difficult. That last sneak area requires like perfect level input to get past a shadow.

I don't understand why they put an instant kill in a quest in an area that's super far out. Especially, for a low level when we're having bad server outages. At least make it not count as a grave death. It's so silly.

I wanted to take a break from steel dragon killing to try out this quest.

But darn, it requires me to finish Missing, Presumed Dead first. I don't wanna have to play two quests in a row.

Ah well, when I take a break I guess I'm just gonna have to try another quest.

If it didn't require that quest, you would be missing out on half the plot, so indeed it's a good idea!

To answer my own question regarding hard leather boots from earlier: apparently the high alchemy price for hard leather boots was much higher than the other pieces of hard leather armor to reflect the relative cost on the Grand Exchange, or something like that. Now it's been cut to 120 coins or something. RIP that crafting method for F2P, or hard leather prices I suppose. We'll see :twisted:.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I feel a plot twist coming on.

[hide] Just who is khazards father... since zammy was never trying to create life there can be only one. Wonder how this will effect the armies of zammy down the line.

what happens when you side with one or the other at the end. Does one of them die or is it the same as remaining neutral and silske flees back to the shadows with the stone.[/hide]

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Overall, I was quite pleased with this quest.

The presentation was marvelous, and the movie references actually made me giggle. It's good to see Zamorak properly returned to his position of power through a quest, reducing the impact of the lore-ignorant bandwagoners of BOL. The dialogue and reveals were good, other than Nomad's which I found underwhelming.

Zamorak's actual appearance had to have been one of the biggest highlights - unlike in previous quests, his graphics do him justice here. I can't say the same for the Mahjarrat other than Zemouregal though - it was quite inconsistent to see them seemingly straight from ROTM with only their faces updated.

My only real complaint would be the lack of build-up in certain parts. Many revelations/directions were simply too quick, frank, or convenient. The puzzles were tedious if not really difficult, and although that might be expected, Jarrod's segment actually glitched for me, and I had to redo portions of it to "trigger" his progress as it were.

Other than that, I was sad it wasn't voiced, since most of the characters have indeed been voiced in the past.

This certainly left me looking forward to whatever the next quest in the line will be (Armadyl next?), and wondering what impact our choices will really have.

2dgucz6.png

This was one really good quest. I loved the storyline and the enviroment. And what an end to a quest! If you have yet to do this quest; Make sure to think through where you stand. It will help a lot.

Now I know that the Dukes can fully handle RoP. I really hope it does as well in March as it have in the past two months before getting locked.

• Like 2

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak