Rant on how the combat levels on monsters are now.

Blaze The Movie Fan

I understand the levels of each monsters were lowered so everyone could right click them.

But many of the levels make absolutely no sense.

For example, fire giants are at level 85 while red dragons are at level 84.

This makes no sense since red dragons are supposed to be stronger than fire giants. That's why they have better drops. And why are greater demons at a lower level than fire giants? Greaters no longer drop steel 2h swords, steel hatchets or that but instead items with higher hi-alchemy value. Some could say they now have even better drops than red dragons. So why make them lower level than both red dragons and fire giants?

That's not all, the tyras guards have the same drops greater demons used to have with an exception of the clue scrolls. They are at level 58. They shouldn't be in a similar range as moss giants and ice giants when it comes to the combat level. Granted, they are at a higher level, but they should be close to combat level 80 at least.

I think when the game devolpers made the monsters at lower combat levels they weren't thinking what combat level would make most sense for them.

This doesn't annoy me or piss me off, but it still bothers me a bit.

• Like 1

Their levels are calculated using the same formula as the our combat level. Nothing could make more sense.

Instead of an arbitrarily assigned number its a figure derived from the monsters actual stats.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Erm I don't think that the levels were lowered so that everyone can right-click them. They are just recalculated because of EOC, and yes they don't make sense anymore, especially quest bosses. I really dislike the fact that you cannot use some of the abilities in nearly every quest based area....

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Erm I don't think that the levels were lowered so that everyone can right-click them. They are just recalculated because of EOC, and yes they don't make sense anymore, especially quest bosses. I really dislike the fact that you cannot use some of the abilities in nearly every quest based area....

Oh you can't do that? I guess it was the only way to prevent making the pre-EoC quest bosses from being super-easy instead of just easier (for example, Elvarg).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Nah, my guess is that it was to much work to implement EOC changes on those monsters. As it makes no sense in some areas (for example temple trekking). Also mostly stun related and pushing NPC's back related abilities won't work. Which I have now removed from my bar as it spammed the chatbox.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!