[9-3-15] Boss Practice Mode | Instancing Improvements

Leik

Boss Practice Mode | Instancing Improvements

Boss fights are exciting, challenging, and the source of some of RuneScape's shiniest loot, but the level of difficulty can make them off-putting to newcomers.

Boss Practice Mode is here to help, offering a safe environment in which to hone your boss battling skills until you're ready to face the real thing.

We've also trimmed down the instancing interface to the essentials, allowed you to return to instances across log-outs or game updates, and introduced three exclusive rewards for those willing to welcome and help out new players.

Read on to find out more!

Boss Practice Mode

If you want to boss, but don't feel up to the challenge just yet, Practice mode is for you.

You'll have the option of selecting this when {C}creating an instance{C} before entering a boss fight.

A Practice mode instance is different from a regular one in several ways:

• All deaths within the instance as 'safe' – you won't lose items by being killed.
  • No cost to start or maintain the instance.
  • Hardcore Ironman characters may die in a practice instance without losing their status.
  • Familiars persist through your death.
There are – of course – some limitations in Practice mode:
  • No XP is given.
  • No drops or other rewards are given.
  • Kills do not count towards slayer or soul reaper assignments.
  • Hard mode fights cannot be attempted in Practice mode.
To help you prepare, the Beasts interface has been updated with a 'Learn' button that gives details of each featured boss's attacks and tactics. You can also access a boss's 'Learn' page by clicking their image in the Instance System interface.

A Practice mode instance is the perfect place to break into bossing, or to brush up your skills if you're feeling rusty.

Boss Instancing Improvements

Along with Practice mode, there are a number of other updates to boss instancing that'll make the experience smoother and simpler all round:

• The Instance System interface has been streamlined and spruced up, so everything you need is immediately to hand in one pane, including practice and hard mode toggles.
  • The new 'Rejoin' button allows you to re-enter your last instance – even across game updates and log-outs - as long as it's got more than 10 minutes remaining.
Help New Players, Get Rewards

There's a new set of unique rewards for those who help inexperienced boss battlers hone their skills.

When a non-Practice mode boss goes down, anyone with 10 or more kills on that boss who makes it into the top 15 damagers will receive one point for each person with fewer than 10 kills who also makes it into the top 15.

As you earn points, you'll unlock the following:

• 50 points: mortar board head override.
  • 250 points: 'the Master' title.
  • 500 points: Cornellius the owl - a follower pet.
For someone learning bossing, there's nothing better than a seasoned pro showing them the ropes. These rewards are a 'thank you' for those of you willing to lend a helping hand.

Enjoy!

Boss fights can be one of the most rewarding parts of RuneScape – from the gear you can get through to the friends can make – and now it's more accessible than ever.

Have fun, fight hard, and {C}let us know your thoughts{C} over on the forums.

Mod Chris L and the RuneScape Team

Solomon's Store – Dark Lord Pack - Coming Soon

The Dark Lord may have been defeated during Plague's End, but now you can take on the same sinister style with the Dark Lord Pack – available today in Solomon's Store!

First up, there's a five-piece outfit to enjoy, complete with eerie particle effects. There's a teleport animation override, too, and two skill overrides: one for infusing summoning pouches, and one for altar runecrafting.

dark_lord_outfit.jpg

In Other News
  • The in-game clock has two new functions:
    • Countdowns to D&Ds marked as favourites - and to the daily, weekly and monthly global resets - can be seen by clicking the button to the clock's left.
    • Notifications of upcoming JMod events can be seen by clicking the exclamation mark icon to the upper-right of the clock, when it appears.
  • The Ninja Team has brought you a couple of smaller updates, picked from popular suggestions on RuneLabs:
    • You can now use Quick Chat to show slayer and boss kill counts, from a new 'Combat' category.
    • The Guthixian Cache D&D will now show the number of players transformed into Cres.
[hide=Patch notes]

Graphical:

• The Strength skillcape emote has been amended to better position the barbell with the player's hands.
  • A minor graphical issue with the roof of Artisans' Workshop has been fixed.
  • Sunken wall pieces have risen up from the ground in the Ivandis tomb.
  • A one-way window in The Big Heist Lodge in the Desert Bandit Camp has been fixed.
  • Shelves in Blue Moon Inn no longer float.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
  • Tipping ascension arrows will now open the correct Make-X menu instead of the Bolts menu.
  • The chances of receiving gemstone kaseki and tengu tsuba voyages have been improved.
  • Some information on the 'Ports Statistics' section in the captain's log has been moved around.
  • The Make-X interface will now open correctly if the player has materials to make two different potions, but can only make one.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
  • The icons in the Elemental Workshop 4 pillar puzzle have been reworked, to make the icons more easily distinguishable and to assist colour-blind players.
  • A typo in Nomad's side-questions during Dishonour among Thieves has been fixed.
  • Players who try and leave the Corporeal beast cave after the Summer's End quest with the cave collapsed in the real world will now get a message saying they are unable to leave as it's blocked.
Other:
  • Unfinished herbal tea mixes are now untradeable.
  • The seasinger kiba and makagai have had their speed rating changed to match other wands and magic off-hand weapons.
  • It is now only possible to save a bank preset while standing near a bank.
  • Prifddinas combination potions below 6-dose have had their death value adjusted.
  • It is no longer possible to bank Dungeoneering items with a magic imp box.
  • The Siphon ability will now correctly skull players in the Wilderness when used.
  • It is no longer possible to stall damage with Meilyr potions.
  • Dragonbone gloves now retain the strength bonuses of Culinaromancer's gloves 9.
  • A force-walk tile at the Borehole entrance has been removed.
  • Tooltips for the abilities 'Assault' and 'Fury' have been corrected.
  • Legendary pets will now only scavenge for items dropped by NPCs killed by their owner, or items dropped by their owner.
  • Legendary pets will now only return items if their owner is within range of them.
  • Messages after recovering/saving seeds using the Scroll of Life reward now use correct capitalisation.
  • Changing shoes at Yrsa now states that cosmetic overrides must be removed before changing shoes.
  • A space has been added to separate the words 'life points' in the tooltip for the Guthix's Blessing ability.
  • A typo in Hazeel's dialogue has been fixed.
  • A typo with Daeyalt rocks' examine text has been fixed.
  • A typo with Frosty's dialogue has been fixed.
  • A typo with the seasinger makigai has been fixed.
  • Public messages from Player Moderators will no longer show up in public chat if the public message filter is set accordingly.
Ninja Fixes:
  • Players can now use Quick Chat to show their slayer kills and boss kills from a new combat category. (Runelabs)
  • The Guthixian Cache D&D will now show the number of players transformed into Cres. (Runelabs)
  • The World Select interface can now be assigned a keybind.
  • The World Select interface can now be reached by right clicking the world map icon.
  • The World Select interface will now automatically scroll to the world the player is logged into when opened.
  • Completed Rise of the Six kills will now be shown on the Adventurer's Log.
  • The options when a butler returns from un-noting logs have been swapped around, making "Send logs to sawmill" option 1.
  • A 'Face South' right-click option has been added to the compass.
  • It is now possible to disable drag-dropping from inventory/bank/worn interfaces. This can be toggled via Game Settings under Gameplay.
  • The Skills tab - including Player Examine - now shows quest points alongside total and combat levels.
  • It is now possible to make up to 60 mud runes at a time, up from 10.
  • A 'Remove 15' option has been added to tool leprechauns' storage.
  • Clicking on the ship icons on the Captain's Log interface will now load the relevant ship interface.
[/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

The Guthixian Cache D&D will now show the number of players transformed into Cres.

UOTY

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

woo woo woo

gsXd4.png

+1

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The rejoin button will re-instance the fight for free if you have more than 10 minutes remaining on your last encounter.

This does not seem to work... logged out mid kbd instance to grab a meal and it won't let me rejoin.

I demand refund :ph34r:

The top 15 damagers? I don't do bossing but can someone tell me the last time 16 people got together and tried one? As I said before, the whole thing seems like a "good faith" effort by Jagex but I feel like it's going to flop. Because we all know it's not like nothing has ever flopped before...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

it's mostly to limit people from doing huge masses to get all the points at once

Indeed now they can only get 14 points at once, so 36 boss kills to the owl as a minimum.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just finished my mageki and want offhand. I used my 14 rolls and another 10 and still didn't run into it. Oh well... Glad they lowered the rarity.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I can just picture a new friends chat coming out. "Free kills at a boss and you keep the loots! All you have to do is bring food and not die!"

Like 'Free leech' boss edition XD.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I just got a tsuba piece which im sending out. Part of me is still wondering why im doing this... i guess its just time to get rid of my chaotic claws now. Such a waste of money.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The helper system seems really poorly implemented. One point for any boss? Looks like anyone that wants the rewards is going to take a bunch of noobs to KQ or some shit like that. Looks like I'll need to pay gouge prices for a leech on rago and rot6 after all...

The helper system seems really poorly implemented. One point for any boss? Looks like anyone that wants the rewards is going to take a bunch of noobs to KQ or some shit like that. Looks like I'll need to pay gouge prices for a leech on rago and rot6 after all...

Umm... You can't really leech that much on ROTS. I'm always up for going though, if you want to go.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Leeching ROTS is easy. All that you have to do is not die and let your partner solo that side.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”